new owner

carlo

new owner
« on: 7 Feb 2004, 02:32 am »
Hi everyone. Just got MM de Capo i's yesterday. Very happy. Looks like I need some new speaker wire. Suggestions, please? I did not bi-wire. Does it make a big difference? Also, I'm using SS amp and about to get a tube. Will the deCapos like that? Thanks all. carlo

mcrespo71

new owner
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2004, 02:39 am »
The De Capo I's love tubes.  With the exception of chris younkman, most of the owners on this circle like the De Capo I's with tubes.  They are very, very revealing of upstream components and can get bright in a room with lots of reflective points and hard surfaces.  Best of luck with the speaker.  I use MIT cables and like them, but I don't know if there is an agreed upon must have cable for the De Capo I's.

Michael

cyounkman

new owner
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2004, 02:57 pm »
Quote from: mcrespo71
The De Capo I's love tubes.  With the exception of chris younkman, most of the owners on this circle like the De Capo I's with tubes.  They are very, very revealing of upstream components and can get bright in a room with lots of reflective points and hard surfaces.  Best of luck with the speaker.  I use MIT cables and like them, but I don't know if there is an agreed upon must have cable for the De Capo I's.

Michael

:o Well, I certainly 'like the DCi's with tubes,' but I have had some great experiences with SS amps as well.... Only particular SS amps, though; I don't think most are up to it.

I don't think there's any cable consensus either. I'm using Van den Hul and bi-wiring. I'd like to try out some Acoustic Zen cables as I've been really impressed with their ICs.

Bi-wiring is a hot topic indeed. There's a lengthy thread in the archives with a lot on that. Since you have De Capo i's it may be less of an issue, assuming the Cardas jumpers on the back sound better than the cheap foil jumpers that came with the non-i DC.