November/December jam?

brj

November/December jam?
« on: 23 Nov 2004, 04:44 pm »
First, a much belated thanks to Gary for hosting our last jam!  Lots of fun and lots of good gear!

I realize that we are approaching the ever-busy holiday season, but I thought we might be able to squeeze in one more jam for the year.  I've already had one individual express interest in driving up from Houston for a jam (provided that it does not conflict with a Lone Star Bottlehead meeting).  He has even expressed a willingness to bring his DIY Eros MKII MTM speakers with him!

So do we have any volunteers to act as host for a final 2004 jam?

Thanks to all!

FredT300B

• Facilitator
November/December jam?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2004, 06:00 pm »
Hello all, I'm the guy from Houston. So sorry I missed the meeting at Gary's; I heard the Alpha LS a couple of years ago at Danny's house and was blown over by it. It's still on my list of possible projects for the future. I'm retired and for a hobby I build speakers, listen for 6 months or so, then sell them at a very small profit to finance my next project. I built this Eros MKII design from Wayne Jaeschke on the speakerbuilder.net, and it turned out to sound really good with a 300B amp, better than most store-bought speakers I have heard in the $1.5-3K price range. So good, in fact, that I'm not going to sell this one.

Picture at http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721/1/4853750 along with some other recent projects.

brj

November/December jam?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2004, 10:49 pm »
Hi guys.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving weekend.  Now that we've had time to recover, do we have any takers to act as host for a December jam?

Regarding future jams, I know of several products that are in the middle of U.S. tours at the moment.  It might be interesting to sponsor shipping to DFW as a group and setup a jam around related products once the touring product arrives.  Coordination would probably best be done by the interested host in order to simplify the scheduling and transmission of shipping information, but I'd be happy to help.  A "shipping collection" could be taken up at the jam.  Let me know your thoughts.  Here are the on-going tours that I'm aware of:
    -
JJAZ digital 1KW monoblock and 500W stereo amps and Bolder Cable IC and speaker cable pack
-AKSA 100W Nirvana Plus solid state amp
-Juicy Music Blueberry and Peach tubed pre-amps[/list:u]
By the way, I've updated the local dealer list and added some new entries lately, so take a look when you get a chance.

Thanks everyone!

brj

November/December jam?
« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2004, 10:08 pm »
bump!

Hellooooooooooooo DFW audiophiles!  Come on now, has everyone been distracted by a sale at the local Bose store or something? :lol:

Hoots

November/December jam?
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2004, 07:51 pm »
I have read good things about Mark's Juicy Music pre-amps and would like to hear them and contribute to shipping.

Holiday season is actually good because of time from work....not sure if others are too distracted with family activities, shopping, etc....I have that, too.

markn

Audio Jam
« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2004, 09:49 pm »
December is a tough month for me, but I am planning on getting the house straightened out so I can sponsor a meeting in Jan. or Feb....

Mark

brj

Re: Audio Jam
« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2004, 07:47 pm »
Quote from: markn
December is a tough month for me,

Unless someone pipes up in a hurry, it looks like we won't be able to squeeze in a December jam.

Quote from: markn
but I am planning on getting the house straightened out so I can sponsor a meeting in Jan. or Feb....

Thanks for the notice, Mark!  If you want to focus on any particular type of component shootout, please let us know - especially if you think you might be interested in hosting one or more of the vendor supplied touring components.  It will probably take some lead time to get us on the appropriate list.

Thanks again!