Get Juiced! Roadshow - BlueBerry and Peach

JuicyMusic

• http://www.juicymusicaudio.com
« on: 9 Jul 2004, 02:49 pm »
Would you like to sample the ‘Naturally Sweeter Sound’ of our BlueBerry or Peach triode preamplifiers in your system in the comfort of your home? Then, the “Get Juiced! Roadshow" is for you. Try the full-function (phono & line) BlueBerry, or the brand new Peach linestage for a week and see if life isn’t sweeter with JuicyMusic.

And, to make things just a bit more delectable, Roadshow customers can save $300 on the BlueBerry, and $200 on the Peach. And, what the heck, everyone gets a free JuicyMusic Tee-shirt too*!

FINE PRINT:
1. Each stop is one week maximum.

2. You pay ground shipping + Insurance to the next stop. Failure to provide insurance means you take the full risk of loss/damage.

3. You must supply street address and telephone number (i.e. you must be a real, legitimate person), and list your current preamplifier and amplifiers.

4.  You must provide valid Credit Card information (VISA/MC only). Although we will not make any charge or deposit against your card, you will be responsible for loss/damage if you fail to provide proper shipping insurance as in #2 above.

5. To get your free JuicyMusic Tee (the asterisk above) we ask you to complete our short little Roadshow Evaluation Report and send it to us in the mail. 5 minutes or so is all it takes. We provide postage.

To find out more about BlueBerry and Peach preamplifiers, visit the web site at: http://www.juicymusicaudio.com

To enroll in the ‘Get Juiced!’ Roadshow, send us e-mail: info@juicymusicaudio.com
and provide the information above, and your product preference - Peach or BlueBerry. We’ll assemble a roadmap that makes sense and be under way in a few weeks or less.

Thanks to all the AC folk for providing such a warm welcome to JuicyMusic. We hope you enjoy the show.

Mark Deneen

westcoast

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2004, 07:10 pm »
Yaaaaaay!!!  Great idea!  Just signed up.   :D    Welcome to AC!!

Sa-dono

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2004, 09:05 pm »
Sounds "sweet!" :mrgreen: So who's going to be the first to answer "What preamp do you own?" with "I own a Peach!" :lol:

Welcome to the forum, Mark! It's good to see you're getting word out about your product in the very best way (IMO). :D

srclose

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2004, 10:18 pm »
What a 'Peach' of an idea.  Would love to hear one.   :)

E-mail going your way.

SRC

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2004, 11:58 pm »
This seems like a great way of getting exposure for your gear.

BTW, if you come out with a Mango phono stage, Chris Kattan might WELL be available as a spokesman (though his Mango character may well not jibe with tube gear :D ).

JuicyMusic

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2004, 12:20 am »
WOW--the juice is really flowing here now. We have several signups already - very impressive little group here. I can see I am going to be in the garden pickin' all summer. I'm actually in the midst of building the first basket of Peaches right now and it will be a nice kick'off to send one on the road.

If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask....
Thanks again for everyone's kind enthusiasm.
Mark Deneen

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2004, 08:33 am »
Quote from: JuicyMusic

If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask....
Thanks again for everyone's kind enthusiasm.
Mark Deneen
Question Mark , Is it safe to send one's credit card info in an email ? Guess I worry about security.... :?
    Thanks for making this home audition possible.... 8) [/list:u]

JuicyMusic

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2004, 01:53 pm »
I generally don't get concerned about that, but you (or anyone else) are welcome to "phone it in" when we get to that point. No one should be prevented from joining the Tour for a small hangup like that.

Once we have the list together a bit, I'll send out via email more info including the "Hotline" directly into the Juicing Barn.....
Mark Deneen

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2004, 04:28 am »
Got an email form Juicy Music today....audition tour to start soon for their Blueberry and Peach models. Sounds good !! Thanks !! :D

JuicyMusic

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2004, 10:29 am »
We are just waiting for the permanent shipping box to arrive and we will begin the tour for the BlueBerry. We have been heads-down for the last couple weeks completing the first run of the new PEACH line stage. It looks like we will begin the Peach tour just about at the end of the month here also.

The new PEACH has really surpassed our expectations. As it turns out the Tri-Mode operation really IS like having two preamps in one. The two primary modes of operation - high Z and low Z - offer two different but interesting sound characteristics. The low Z mode will drive well over 100 feet of cable with no signal degradation. I found myself switching between modes with individual music selections. A very interesting feature!

Just drop us an email if you'd like to join the tour!
JM

Hantra

« Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2004, 10:51 am »
Are either of your pre's balanced?

JuicyMusic

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2004, 11:02 am »
No, neither uses balanced lines. It is an interesting issue though. While I considered it more than once, my conclusion was that more audiophiles circumvented the benefit than took advantage of it. Mostly because there's not much equipment that accepts balanced connection.

I'd be interested to hear your experience though. What gear are you using? How would you describe the benefit you are getting from it?
JM

Hantra

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jul 2004, 01:23 pm »

I'd be interested to hear your experience though. What gear are you using? How would you describe the benefit you are getting from it?
JM

JM:  

No benefit yet.  ;-)

I am currently switching over to balanced.  The reason I want to go balanced is because my soundcard is truly balanced, and currently, I am discarding half that signal to go single-ended.  It's like having two DAC's per channel, and only using one of them.

So, to answer your question, I am not sure if there will be benefit, but it seems logical that there will be, and most experts I talked to about it seem to think the same.  

Thanks for the info.  That's some nice looking gear you have there. .

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jul 2004, 04:08 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
...So, to answer your question, I am not sure if there will be benefit, but it seems logical that there will be, and most experts I talked to about it seem to think the same.  . .

hmmm...  i guess this depends on who "most" is...  most experts *i* have talked with say it's an advantage *only* in a noisy rf environment, or if you have extremely long cable runs.  and, that the cost of having to double up on all the electronics inside all the components, from front-end to the speakers, which is what's necessary to run a truly balanced system, would be better spent elsewhere.  i admit i haven't done an a-b comparison, but based upon the info above, i have never wanted to.  

ymmv,

doug s.

Hantra

« Reply #14 on: 22 Jul 2004, 05:52 pm »
Quote from: doug s.

the cost of having to double up on all the electronics inside all the components, from front-end to the speakers, which is what's necessary to run a truly balanced system, would be better spent elsewhere.
doug s.

I agree Doug, and this is also what I have heard.  But the only cost I am really incurring here is the cost of balanced cabling.  If it doesn't help that much, you can bet I'll be switching back just for cabling costs alone.  

L8r,

B

JuicyMusic

Pelican Cases Finally Arrived - Show Starting now
« Reply #15 on: 6 Aug 2004, 05:45 pm »
Well, the special Pelican Cases finally arrived and I have the Peach all ready to go nestled in it's (hopefully) protective pouch!

So, the Roadshow will get underway immediately for the Peach, and probably Monday for the BlueBerry.

All those on the Peach list will be getting instructions this weekend, and the remainder for BlueBerry next week.

Thanks for your patience. I know it seemed I vanished, but we were mighty busy finishing the Peach production run. We just shipped the first units on Tuesday of this week.

Thanks again for your interest, I hope you enjoy the show!
Mark Deneen
JuicyMusic

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 7 Aug 2004, 08:46 am »
Hey Mark , Make sure that its a stong "pouch"....not many gentle hands in the shipping business ! Thanks for the audition tour !! :thumb:

JuicyMusic

« Reply #17 on: 7 Aug 2004, 01:31 pm »
Yeah Michael - these cases look pretty darn tough. They are made from a carbon-fiber filled plastic and look to me like they would stop a bullet. Four heavy latches, wheels, and a combination lock for security. I think it should work fine, although they are heavier than I would have liked.

BTW, if anyone wants to short-circuit the Roadshow, we have a Peach on Ebay ending at 9:33 this morning (saturday). Plug, plug, plug.
JM

lonewolfny42

« Reply #18 on: 7 Aug 2004, 01:49 pm »
Yeah Michael - these cases look pretty darn tough. They are made from a carbon-fiber filled plastic and look to me like they would stop a bullet. Four heavy latches, wheels, and a combination lock for security. I think it should work fine, although they are heavier than I would have liked.

BTW, if anyone wants to short-circuit the Roadshow, we have a Peach on Ebay ending at 9:33 this morning (saturday). Plug, plug, plug.
JM
Mike's not here...he's on tour.  :guitar:  
    Heavy is good !! :) [/list:u]
      Ebay...and Audiogon......
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatube&1096036961  8) [/list:u]

JuicyMusic

« Reply #19 on: 9 Aug 2004, 08:47 pm »
Well, the PEACH Roadshow unit is off and flying to one of our forum folks in Enid, Oklahoma! From there it will be heading to Wisconsin......
Stay tuned...and thanks.
JM