How the Kronzilla tubes are made - See the Science Channel Dec 3

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I've taken the plunge and bought a pair of the Kronzilla power amplifiers using the giant tubes invented by this company.  After hearing the KR at RMAF, I was so taken by the sound that I felt I couldn't live without this amplifier!  In the last few years, I've bought 18 amps, so my accountant is getting worried about my "collection."
He doesn't understand High End Audio and believe that I am obsessed!  Of course, I agree!

I was just notified by Eunice Kron that the Science Channel will have a television special on "How Things Are Made" on December 3rd (9:00pm Friday) and the KR factory will be featured.  If you ever wanted to see how tubes are made, this will be a fun program to see!
« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2010, 07:24 am by Albert Von Schweikert »

rpf

Very interesting. Thanks Albert!

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Can someone 'tape' this program while broadcasted?

TNX in advance.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
When you say "tape" I assume you mean record  :lol:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Yes,... I have been grown up in the ''Analog Century" so we still use the 'taping issue'.
Sure a DVD, Bluray or SD/XD file will do also.
No Youtube, since Discovery Channel won't agree with this. :wink:

Thanks again,

Cor

mhconley

Very cool...  Those types of shows (How Its Made on the Science Channel and the like) are among my 7 year old's favorite TV programs.  We won't miss this one.

Martin

JackD201

Then howsabout you give me a good deal on your Phi Beta Albert  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve

Thanks Albert. I will definitely try to remember this.

Cheers.

Steve

h00hbt

Hi folks

Stay tuned at KR Tube Audio page on FaceBook and get uppdated on events and news.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/KR-TUBE-AUDIO/113192315379581

Cheers

marcel

Funny, every time thera are other best amplifiers for the Von Schweikert speakers. First CIaudio D200, then Moscode hybrid and now KR Electronics Kronzilla?  Take a trial with 47labs Shagiraki, with a few components inside and it's very fast and powerfull. Great stuff, but personally i think the class D200 monoblocks are the best in het bass area and tubes the best for high/mid.
Is this to combine, two different amplifiers in an bi-wire setting?

Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I've taken the plunge and bought a pair of the Kronzilla power amplifiers using the giant tubes invented by this company.  After hearing the KR at RMAF, I was so taken by the sound that I felt I couldn't live without this amplifier!  In the last few years, I've bought 18 amps, so my accountant is getting worried about my "collection."
He doesn't understand High End Audio and believe that I am obsessed!  Of course, I agree!

I was just notified by Eunice Kron that the Discovery Channel will have a television special on "How Things Are Made" on December 3rd (9:00pm Friday) and the KR factory will be featured.  If you ever wanted to see how tubes are made, this will be a fun program to see!

JackD201

Hi Marcel,

Quite a few of our members bi-amp their VSAs with tubes on top and solid state in the bottom. There's even a thread here somewhere dedicated to just that :)

Jack

Charles Calkins

Funny, every time thera are other best amplifiers for the Von Schweikert speakers. First CIaudio D200, then Moscode hybrid and now KR Electronics Kronzilla?  Take a trial with 47labs Shagiraki, with a few components inside and it's very fast and powerfull. Great stuff, but personally i think the class D200 monoblocks are the best in het bass area and tubes the best for high/mid.
Is this to combine, two different amplifiers in an bi-wire setting?

Marcel:
  Yes the amps you are talking about I'm sure are very good. Except for the CIA D-200's I haven't heard any of them. I have Alberts VR GEN III HSE speakers and I have tried several amps with them. I've had them for about a wee bit more than five years. The D-200's did a very nice job. No complaints. BUT!!! The very best results I've heard with them is when they are driven by a McIntosh 352 amp. Hands down no B.S. they are very best amps to drive my VR GEN III HSE speakers.

Cheers
                                     Charlie

scottnixon

• http://www.scott-nixon.com
I think the program will air on Science Channel.  At least that's what's on my menu.  Show will also feature shredders and snare drums

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Marcel:
  Yes the amps you are talking about I'm sure are very good. Except for the CIA D-200's I haven't heard any of them. I have Alberts VR GEN III HSE speakers and I have tried several amps with them. I've had them for about a wee bit more than five years. The D-200's did a very nice job. No complaints. BUT!!! The very best results I've heard with them is when they are driven by a McIntosh 352 amp. Hands down no B.S. they are very best amps to drive my VR GEN III HSE speakers.

Cheers
                                     Charlie

Hey Charlie,

Right you are lad.  VSA speakers and MAC electronics have a truly symbiotic relationship.  My VR5 Anniversaries love being driven by the MC501 monoblocks and further upstream, the MC500 preamp.

Pez

Oh My Gwad!!!  :o I am definitely TiVoing that!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

msm_1

Hi Marcel

I think this is the thread Jack is talking about that I started:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=72880.0

I now bi-amp with a pair of Spectral DMA 200's using a Specral SDR 1000 as pre and cd player. I've just had my Rogue 88 upgraded and am breaking in a new set of Gold Lion tubes. A little on the expensive side but am pleased with the sound, even at only 35 hours breakin.
 Not sure if I'm going to use the 88 or sell ( breaking up a pair of 200's is insane but then so was buying them in the first place! )
I really liked the sound of tubes on the high and mids with SS driving the bigger bass...But each their own

Thanks

Mike

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
18 amps Albert? I thought all amps sounded the same.  :lol:   But I'll definitely be setting up my HD DVR as soon as I finish here, or I'll surely forget to do so. But for now, I'm Googling Kronzilla and take a look at your new toy Albert.  :thumb: 

Edit:

Cheers,
Robin