Joining the VSA family

willi426

Joining the VSA family
« on: 17 Nov 2008, 11:17 am »
Hi VSA-listeners out there!
I have just found and joined this forum. But I am wondering about the absence of some old "VSR"-
models. I am still a proud owner of the VR-6 I've bought some years ago from a friend. Was a special
"friendship-price" I could'nt resist. They are fired by an integrated pp-tube-amp from Cayin (modified
with some mica-caps and NOS GE 6CA7). Not the best solution for the low end but amazing midths and
highs with good sonics. May be some of you have expierences with the right speaker-feets if positioned
on paving tiles (original spikes have been lost by former owner).
Best regards from Germany!

Delacroix

Re: Joining the VSA family
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2008, 12:53 pm »
Hi Willi -- welcome to the VSA forum. I am sure there are other older model owners here so I'll let them chime in. Also, there's a thread discussing various footer options here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=60996.0

Best

Delacroix

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2008, 03:00 pm »
Welcome Will  :thumb:  I've heard that the VR-6s are great with low wattage tube amplifiers including flea powered SET amps. Someday I hope I get a chance to hear a pair.  :D

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2008, 03:36 pm »
Hello Willi,

The VR-6's  mated with all Bat gear were the first VSA speakers I had ever heard. After hearing them I knew someday I would be a VSA owner  :D and now I am and a dealer too  aa

Regards,
Scott

willi426

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2008, 09:08 am »
Yes because of their high efficiency (96 dB/watt) they seem to be ideal for
tube-amps but I think the woofers work better with ss-amps because they
need a high damping-factor. As long as I hear e.g. jazz or some acoustic music
they work pretty nice with an light, fast and airy bass. But for other music the
woofers would need better control from the amp. I have positioned the woofer
cabinets just 1,5 feet against the rear wall! If I position them even nearer to the

hi5harry

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2008, 04:12 am »
Welcome to the VSA forum Willi. I have a pair of VR8's and am thrilled to own them. There does not seem to be too many pairs of these (VR6's or VR8's) around anymore, but they really do a great job and do not require a lot of power like some of the other monster speakers made today. I am using a Spectron amp full range now and really feel like it mates very well with them. Enjoy