Spikes for vr-4

msm_1

Spikes for vr-4
« on: 29 Oct 2008, 01:35 am »
Hi

Can someone tell me what size spikes were used for the VR-4, and where I might be able to find some?

Thanks

Mike

Damon Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Re: Spikes for vr-4
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2008, 09:42 pm »
Hello Mike,

If you're asking about the original VR-4 model, the spike had a 3/8" shaft with 16 pitch thread.  There should be several after-market options but I believe the exact part you're looking for is the YBT (Young Big Toe) which should be available from Madisound.  I hope this helps but if not, please feel free to contact us at service@vonschweikert.com for more support.

Take care,

WarJarrett

• NewForHalf
Re: Spikes for VR-4-JR
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2008, 05:36 am »
If you are referring to VR-4JR Mk.1 or Mk.2, then I have these spikes in my stock of VSA parts. I am not an official dealer for VSA, but I do have a large collection of VSA replacement parts from some of the models VSA made in China. These are the original spikes that were shipped with these models. They are 1/4-20 threads, black color, with locking nuts. Contact me at Warren@NewForHalf.com if anyone wants a set. --Warren

msm_1

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2008, 02:18 am »
Hi

The spikes needed are for an original VR-4.

Thanks for the info Damon, and will try them .

Thanks again

Mike

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2008, 02:28 am »
I would look at Audiopoints myself and if balance/finance isn't an issue for you(kids/pets), I'd try some Sistrum Platforms SP-004. I use these on my loudspeakers and swear by them for the ultimate in image clarity. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

msm_1

« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2008, 02:32 am »
Hi Robin

I'll check them out as well!!

Thanks

Mike

Delacroix

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2008, 12:54 pm »
I sprung for some SoundoCity Anchors on my VR5 (www.soundocity.com)-- they are struts which are slightly wider than the woofer cabinet and place some rather substantial and adjustable brass feet outside the speaker width, offering good stability and an elegant look (even my wife agrees!)

You can even find an image of these on a VS at their site:
http://www.soundocity.com/von_schweikert_vr5se_3.jpg

JackD201

« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2008, 02:42 am »
Keith has these on his DB-99s and I must say they can be a godsend. His listening sofa seats you rather low and these allowed him to adjust the rake angle very easily to his liking. They look great too!

tnewell

« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2008, 04:24 am »
I second the recommendation of the Soundocity Outriggers.  I installed them on my Dali Euphonia MS5 speakers and they are rock solid coupled to the floor.  They also look great.  See my gallery for photos.

Tom

McTwins

« Reply #9 on: 3 Nov 2008, 06:33 am »
Hi
I am using Soundcare superspikes with metric M6 thread to mine VR4GENIII combind with 3/8" shaft with 16 pitch thread.
Great spikes and you can move your speaker without scratching your floor.
http://www.soundcare.no/

Mctwins

DSK

« Reply #10 on: 4 Nov 2008, 12:29 pm »
Hi
I am using Soundcare superspikes with metric M6 thread to mine VR4GENIII combind with 3/8" shaft with 16 pitch thread.

Mctwins
Same here ... using the M8 Superspikes on Silverline Sonata III floorstanders (110 pounds each). Speakers stand rock solid and it's great being able to slide them across the tiled floor without dislodging spike dishes and damaging the tiles.

boe

« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2010, 04:05 pm »
Anyone know if this company is still in business?   I sent them an e-mail days ago to Warren@newforhalf.com and haven't heard back.

vgregory

« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm »
Hi

Mctwins

are you saying that the metric M6 thread would fit the VR4 GEN III? if so, I was going to purchase them....Please confirm.

McTwins

« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2010, 06:57 am »
Hi
You can not use M6 thread directly to the 3/8" thread on the GenIII.

I did like this...

You have to DIY a bolt that has a outside diameter in 3/8" thread and drill a M6 metric centrum hole thread inside this bolt. Then you screw this bolt to the GenIII four holes and then you can screw a M6 soundcare spikes.
Or you can see it like this....
If you look at the original spike that comes with this speakers and you drill a hole in centrum of the spike, then you would have a bolt that has a thread that is 3/8" outside and M6 metric thread inside.

I hope you understand what I am talking about :)
Thanks