Cheap LP storage

skriefal

• SLC, Utah
Re: Cheap LP storage
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2011, 12:36 am »
"IKEA products are not discontinued based on sales or consumer demand, ..."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.  Sure they don't.

I picked up 2 of the Walnut Expedit 2x2 units a few weeks ago.  Should go back and check if they have any more...

Delta Wave

« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2012, 11:18 am »
Since my last post it seems IKEA has gathered all the remaining Expedit units in walnut finish to centralized locations, where they show up in the 'last chance' area, they're $10 cheaper ea. than before. Luckily for me, in greater Philly area that was the Ikea 20 minutes drive from my work, so I grabbed 2 more units, the boxes in the pic, and started sorting the vinyl that will go into them once they're up.

Who are you and how did you get into my living room?! :green:

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2012, 03:01 am »
Who are you and how did you get into my living room?! :green:

"Only the shadow knows".  :wink:

A month back I finally got up to Pumpkinman's lair and since his pics he's added strings of mini Xmas lights running back and forth across the ceiling, with only orange bulbs - it's "A SCENE BABY!" Now I'm trying to come up with some interesting lighting.

Delta Wave

« Reply #23 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:43 am »
Ha! Orange lights...  :thumb:

Delta Wave

« Reply #24 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:44 am »

A month back I finally got up to Pumpkinman's lair and since his pics he's added strings of mini Xmas lights running back and forth across the ceiling, with only orange bulbs - it's "A SCENE BABY!" Now I'm trying to come up with some interesting lighting.

If you guys ever happen to be milling about Ithaca, feel free to send me a note and stop by.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #25 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:48 am »
Ha! Orange lights...  :thumb:

Orange is just plain fun. Don't ya think

pumpkinman

« Reply #26 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:50 am »

Go with ORANGE Gene

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #27 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:55 am »
But where would I find orange phones like you have?

Maybe alternating purple and white. :scratch:

pumpkinman

« Reply #28 on: 20 Jan 2012, 11:58 am »
But where would I find orange phones like you have?

Maybe alternating purple and white. :scratch:

There is another orange phone here somewhere I just have to find it in the black hole

decal

« Reply #29 on: 20 Jan 2012, 12:10 pm »
Is it just me or have some of the posts on this thread disappeared? :wtf:
Never mind, wrong thread !!!!!!! :duh:

pumpkinman

« Reply #30 on: 20 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm »
If you guys ever happen to be milling about Ithaca, feel free to send me a note and stop by.

Road Trip !!!!

Delta Wave

« Reply #31 on: 20 Jan 2012, 02:45 pm »

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 21 Jan 2012, 07:12 pm »
But I've already been to Ithaca once.

michaelhigh

« Reply #33 on: 9 Apr 2012, 01:25 pm »
I use some pretty unique ikea shelving that I found in a thrift store. They are retail units, 2 cabinets with glass doors, and I added 2 shelves to make each unit hold 2 stacks of LPs. 4 total, each shelf holds roughly 100 LPs, so at roughly 250 I have room to grow and my collection isn't crowded or too-loosely stacked. Overall I'm very pleased, as the units double (triple?) as my tv/computer monitor stand (37" Vizio LCD) and  under my tv is a sliding office tray/keyboard holder (making the units work like a desk), as well as a place to set my 2 computer towers that 1) I use to surf the net and hold a ton of flac and wav files, and 2) a second tower using XP that's pared down to do audio duty only, with more flac and wav as well. I AM the king of shoehorning things into a relatively small space, as I have a bedroom, listening room, office, recording/rehearsal studio, and home theater in a 15'x24' space!

roscoeiii

« Reply #34 on: 9 Apr 2012, 01:41 pm »
Got tired of waiting for a good Expedit deal to show up on craigslist and ventured way out to the burbs and grabbed the Expedit 1x5 for the extra LPs that needed a home. Amazing how that helped with the LP clutter.

JoshK

« Reply #35 on: 9 Apr 2012, 06:25 pm »
I got another Expedit shelf for my basement listening room.  Got the huge big boy.  Right now I am using it mostly for books (also to be my office) and various project components, but I really dig these shelves.   I despise almost all else IKEA, but these are nearly perfect for the job. 

decal

« Reply #36 on: 13 Apr 2012, 12:02 am »
About $35.00 and a couple of hours produced this................................... .................

I was going for the "record store" look. My LPs are in our spare bedroom so it didn't have to meet any "acceptance factors" !!!!

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #37 on: 15 Apr 2012, 03:55 pm »
About $35.00 and a couple of hours produced this................................... .................

That is exactly what I want!  Building it is the hard part for me.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #38 on: 15 Apr 2012, 03:58 pm »
I have a new, ultimate cheapskate solution that I'm going to try today.  (Think K-Mart)  If it doesn't end up being a complete disaster, I'll post it later.

pumpkinman

« Reply #39 on: 15 Apr 2012, 05:19 pm »

I was going for the "record store" look. My LPs are in our spare bedroom so it didn't have to meet any "acceptance factors" !!!!

Mr. Decal I've seen your buying habits sir. Where will all the overflow go  :eyebrows:
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2012, 07:52 pm by pumpkinman »