Bryston SP4

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
Re: Bryston SP4
« Reply #520 on: 17 Feb 2022, 08:04 am »
Oh wow! Not that is a massive stack!!  :green:

btw the email to Adam worked out great and we got in touch with the right people at Storm to deal with it, thanks!

Alphonse

« Reply #521 on: 21 Mar 2022, 04:10 pm »
Hi PascalP. Just following up. Were your SP4 questions and issues fully resolved by Storm and Bryston?

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
« Reply #522 on: 5 Apr 2022, 08:03 am »
Hi PascalP. Just following up. Were your SP4 questions and issues fully resolved by Storm and Bryston?

Hi!
Yes Bryston forwared me to the right people from Storm in France and I now have a working monitoring license in the WebUI on my SP4 as well as a working IR remote :)

Pictures are not my own but from Google/Audioholics, but it works great, obviously no OSD as I don't have the newer HDMI board (yet) and the only thing that doesn't work currently are the mute button and input selection buttons but not really a big deal for me.

Alphonse

« Reply #523 on: 6 Apr 2022, 03:48 pm »
Good news. Thanks for the update. Please let us know if/when you upgrade the HDMI board and how that works out. I have been watching the used market on SP4s.

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
« Reply #524 on: 7 Apr 2022, 08:35 am »
Good news. Thanks for the update. Please let us know if/when you upgrade the HDMI board and how that works out. I have been watching the used market on SP4s.

Ok, managed to get the non-working buttons on the remote working, somehow I think the configuration was not saved properly so reassinging the input sources in the WebUI and the buttons are all working now besided of course the info/OSD stuff as only the StormAudio's with the latest HDMI boards support that.

As for the HDMI board upgrade, it was about €1250 and I needed to ship my unit back and forth to France to Storm but I decided not to do it as it would not bring me much in my particular case.
What it would add it eARC, which I don't use, and also it would give me dual HDMI 2.0 outputs instead of 1x 1.4 and 1x 2.0 which also doesn't add anything for my as I only have 1 display connected to it.
Only thing that I might benefit from would be somewhat faster switching/locking speed between inputs but just that wouldn't be worth the cash for me so I decided to stick with the old HDMI board which is rock solid ;)