BDA-3 DAC

Norco74

Re: BDA-3 DAC
« Reply #1460 on: 13 May 2022, 11:40 am »
It looks like S2.45 2022-05-09 is fixing the issue. Did some extensive listening last night and didn’t encountered any drop outs and stuttering. Thanks to the Bryston team.

I am however still puzzled about the lack of communication from their helpdesk or service dept.. An area for improvement.

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #1461 on: 13 May 2022, 11:44 am »
I agree! I’ve been listening to hirez for at least 12 hrs and there’s been zero issues! Chris and the gang nailed this one!👍✌🏻

christo

« Reply #1462 on: 8 Jun 2022, 08:57 am »
For the record, The 3.14 doesn’t use the scratch disc. The manual hasn’t been updated to reflect this. I was told by Chris at Bryston when troubleshooting my unit.

Thanks for the heads up. I removed my FAT32 scratch disk and music thumb drives and went back to my old faithful. I think having the two FAT32 drives plugged in was confusing the system.

The new firmware update seems to have fixed the audio drop out issues. I had a few problems with the streamer a couple of weekends ago, but it seems to have resolved on its own since then.

FWIW, I use a 1 TB SSD plugged into my 3.14 and it draws power from the unit just like a thumb drive.

Huh..  I always assumed those would draw too much power. I'll look into getting one once space becomes an issue on my current thumb drive. Thanks again!

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #1463 on: 8 Jun 2022, 11:11 am »

Thanks for the heads up. I removed my FAT32 scratch disk and music thumb drives and went back to my old faithful. I think having the two FAT32 drives plugged in was confusing the system.

The new firmware update seems to have fixed the audio drop out issues. I had a few problems with the streamer a couple of weekends ago, but it seems to have resolved on its own since then.

Huh..  I always assumed those would draw too much power. I'll look into getting one once space becomes an issue on my current thumb drive. Thanks again!

Glad I could help!
By the way... check the current draw on any modern SSD and you’ll find they’re all well under the allowable maximum of 2amps. Capacity is less of an issue.
Enjoy the music! 👍🎶🎼🇨🇦