Loving the new BDP-3!

gdbalp

Re: Loving the new BDP-3!
« Reply #140 on: 7 Dec 2019, 02:25 am »
Hello Chris,

And I favour 5.1 audio through HDMI port, only increasing the capabilities of the BDP-3...

There are several companies that allow this 5.1 audio and here are some examples; ExaSound, OPPO, and Roon Nucleus.

When 5.1 audio is done right, it is amazing listening experience as compared to two channel audio :thumb:...

Luigi

gbaby

« Reply #141 on: 7 Dec 2019, 03:22 am »
Hello Chris,

And I favour 5.1 audio through HDMI port, only increasing the capabilities of the BDP-3...

There are several companies that allow this 5.1 audio and here are some examples; ExaSound, OPPO, and Roon Nucleus.

When 5.1 audio is done right, it is amazing listening experience as compared to two channel audio :thumb:...

Luigi
I thought EXaSound was a D/A converter. At any rate, the BDP3 also sounds great with Dolby Pro Logic Iix music in 7.1 through the Bryston SP3. I don't miss the fact the rear channels aren't discreet. It still sounds damn good.  :thumb: And, its coming from any two channel source.  8)

gdbalp

« Reply #142 on: 20 Dec 2019, 04:41 am »
Chris/James

Is there any chance of incorporating the I²S digital interconnection between BDP-3 and BDA-3 in future upgrades?

I hear that using the I²S is more accurate digital transmission method that leads to better sound reproduction... :thumb:

Luigi

srb

« Reply #143 on: 20 Dec 2019, 05:13 am »
My guess would be no.

I²S was designed to interconnect integrated circuits internally on a circuit board (which I assume is being done in the Bryston CD players) but not used as an external cable connection between components.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #144 on: 20 Dec 2019, 11:03 am »
My guess would be no.

I²S was designed to interconnect integrated circuits internally on a circuit board (which I assume is being done in the Bryston CD players) but not used as an external cable connection between components.

Correct sir!

james

auraluxstudio

« Reply #145 on: 26 Jun 2020, 12:33 pm »
Glad I found this thread! I have been looking into the BDP-3.

gbaby

« Reply #146 on: 26 Jun 2020, 01:27 pm »
Glad I found this thread! I have been looking into the BDP-3.

Its one of the best audio purchases I have made. Now I have all 2,700 CDs at my fingertips. I never thought I'd live to see this happen.  :o And, the sound is better than the regular CD.

Gumby

« Reply #147 on: 26 Jun 2020, 11:24 pm »
Regarding ripping CDs; what methods are you using to  store and transfer CDs to the BDP?   I don’t have a laptop with a CD drive.  Do I need a BOT1?   Should I rip CDs to the computer HD then copy to a USB drive?

Has anyone compared the sound of ripped CDs to files purchased from say HD TRACKS. 

drummermitchell

« Reply #148 on: 26 Jun 2020, 11:28 pm »
DBpoweramp is superb.
Chris help me set it up :D.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #149 on: 27 Jun 2020, 03:14 am »
DBpoweramp is superb.

Ditto dbPoweramp

Pundamilia

« Reply #150 on: 27 Jun 2020, 03:28 am »
Ditto2

gbaby

« Reply #151 on: 2 Jul 2020, 12:44 am »
DBpoweramp is superb.

DBpoweramp is Superb. I started out using iTunes as an importer and rarely got cover art. Now, with dbpoweramp, I get all cover art and a superb sound. Music imported using dbpoweramp sounds stunning surpassing the same sonics on the CD. :icon_surprised: I think dbpoweramp is indispensable if you are importing music from CDs which I still do as its the best fidelity. In fact, I am buying more CDs than ever since owning the BDP-3. I like the easy access to music playback in its highest fidelity. In fact, I'm listening to a CD I received today from Amazon by Oli entitle 6.Its already on the USB drive and the CD is in storage to never be played.

gbaby

« Reply #152 on: 2 Jul 2020, 12:51 am »
Delete