evan1

Re: I bought X-Omnis for $99 NEW!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2009, 11:45 pm »
yep Mark must be crazy

maxwalrath

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2009, 12:17 am »
Copied from Mark at the AV123 forum....

"Purchase the special you want during the week as noted below. Each special runs for 7 days ONLY?

As a special Holiday Bonus we?ll let you buy a set (up to 5) of x-omni?s for $99 dollars per pair (not a misprint ? Santa has gone mad)? with ANY subwoofer or speaker purchase below? One set ? Five sets? you make the call? $99 per pair?
"

evan1

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2009, 12:20 am »
Copied from Mark at the AV123 forum....

"Purchase the special you want during the week as noted below. Each special runs for 7 days ONLY?

As a special Holiday Bonus we?ll let you buy a set (up to 5) of x-omni?s for $99 dollars per pair (not a misprint ? Santa has gone mad)? with ANY subwoofer or speaker purchase below? One set ? Five sets? you make the call? $99 per pair?
"

Nope its now 99.00 bucks just for the x-omnis

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2009, 12:23 am »
Oh my god. That's an unreal deal, steal, what have you. There is guaranteed...probably no speaker that can compete with this thing for $99 per pair.

Who needs Best Buy, Circuit City, etc...completely Danny Richie designed as well...

Anand.

evan1

« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2009, 12:24 am »
xmas gifts for everyone... not from me though

Nels Ferre

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2009, 01:54 am »
Thanks for the heads up- my brother is in for a treat (I hope.)  The Christmas gift that keeps on giving.   aa

I've not heard them, but they have to be better than the KLH speakers be bought (also for 99/pr.) at Best Buy.

I just hope the shipping doesn't take forever and a day.

ichillpill

« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2009, 03:14 am »
I bought a pair too after seeing this thread! Thanks for the heads up. I'm debating whether to use them as surrounds or for a stereo setup in the bedroom. Any thoughts?

emac

« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2009, 03:50 am »
Sheesh!  I nearly fell out of my chair when I read how little these are going for now.  At $99 he's basically giving these away, and honestly, the X-Omni's are my favorite speaker so far in the sub-$1000 category.  If you can get them at least 3 feet off of the walls, you'll be in for a very lovely sense of space, which can be very engaging.  And for surrounds, which I'm using mine for now, they do a terrific job.  Difficult to localize, which is exactly what you're looking for with surrounds.

And given that the overall cost is so low, I'd also recommend getting the Skiing Ninja upgrades.  They do make a significant difference.  I've got mine set up so I can switch back and forth between the stock crossover and the Ninja crossover, and the difference is pretty clear.  I've also tried adding Sonicap Platinums as bypass caps, and enjoyed that even more. 

So, an excellent buy, especially as we head into the Christmas season.  Oh, and the speakers that replaced my Ninja'ed X-Omni's are the GR Research O-3's, which are the big brother to the X-Omni's.  I really love the omnidirectional sound.

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:14 am »
Damn. That is a helluva deal.
I have zero need for another pair of speakers...
I have no one else to give or recommend another pair of speakers...
nevertheless, I have no doubt I am going to cave and get a pair.  :duh:

Tony

Sparky14

« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:17 am »
Certainly an amazing deal, they must have had a warehouse full to clear out.

I would have bought a dozen, except I have no way of explaining that to my wife. One pair I can get away with :)

Mark is certainly good for a couple of "holy cow" deals during the winter.

persisting1

« Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2009, 03:54 pm »
Is anyone selling their $99 x-omnis?

Or is this in the wrong place?

Or am I in the wrong place  :wink:

sts9fan

« Reply #13 on: 11 Nov 2009, 03:58 pm »
I am glad they ran out so I could not buy some.  Mark does know how to destroy the resale value of his products thats for sure. 

emac

« Reply #14 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:09 pm »
Mark does know how to destroy the resale value of his products thats for sure.

Yep, that's for darn sure.  Bought mine soon after they were released for full price.  Even with the upgraded crossover, I still wouldn't be able to get anywhere near that price now.

mcullinan

« Reply #15 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:15 pm »
woah.. I bought a pair... they will go nice in my office, which is a small room.
Thanks AV123.
Mike

TomS

« Reply #16 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:19 pm »
So just curious, was the shipping cost more than the speakers?

emac

« Reply #17 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:20 pm »
So just curious, was the shipping cost more than the speakers?

Since they ship in one box, the shipping wasn't bad.  $50 or so to Michigan. 

woah.. I bought a pair... they will go nice in my office, which is a small room.
Thanks AV123.
Mike

Unless you can get them off of the walls, they will sound strange.  The Omni's need at least 2 feet from the walls to sound decent and at least 3 to shine.  I tried them in my smallish listening room, and they just didn't sound as good as they did in my living room.  Acoustic treatments will likely help, but they can't overcome the room completely.

mcullinan

« Reply #18 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:27 pm »
I can get them about 2 ft from the walls, maybe more.. this is my second system, weird shaped walls... or I may be able to put them in the bedroom.
Mike

BobM

« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2009, 04:40 pm »
Nice deal. I can't imagine where I would use them though. But still, hard to pass up something this nice at this price. I'll have to look around the house tonight. Too bad they don't work well in corners or I would put them in the back room, but 2' out from the wall won't work in the room at all.