ICEBlock with Dodd Tube Buffer listening impressions

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: ICEBlock with Dodd Tube Buffer listening impressions
« Reply #40 on: 20 Sep 2010, 02:10 pm »
Hehe... Gary is working on fixing up your Sensation ZLS ;-)  Putting it in the microwave at #5 was not helpful but we'll fix it, and upgrade it for you :-)

ltr317

« Reply #41 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:23 pm »
ZLS,

Thanks for your kind words.  Glad you are enjoying the tweaking aspects of the ICEblocks.  Please let the AC community know if you find any more tweaks to improve the sound.   :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

p.s. Please don't call me Mr.  No formality needed.  :D

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #42 on: 10 Jul 2011, 05:07 am »
I got this nice email last week:

"Hello, I just want to say that i have purchased a set of m5001 from an audiogon member and I have some upgrades to the tube buffer. I am currently enjoying one of the best sounding hybrids that i have has in my system. In fact they performed so well with my current system, i decided to sell my Lamm M1.2 ref monos. The upgrades i made were replacing the sonicaps with euro oil caps, and roll the tubes over to CV4035/M8214 tubes. With these minor upgrades, these monos sing like no other amp I have ever own. Thank you for producing a class D hybrid that makes the reproduction of music the way it should be presented.  Best Regards, Dave"

We have a dozen of these amps left and I'm going to drop the price 20% to an even $2k.  This is a truly spectacular value.  Enjoy!

http://store.virtueaudio.com/category-s/52.htm

Jfondell

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jul 2011, 08:39 am »
Ok, someone help me out here. What is the extra ICEBLOCK option for?

Thanks

James

srb

« Reply #44 on: 29 Jul 2011, 09:12 am »
Ok, someone help me out here. What is the extra ICEBLOCK option for?

For a center channel or a passive subwoofer.  I was also going to say possibly for a spare amp, but the ICEpower modules have proven to be pretty reliable, so that would not likely be needed.

If you're going to use them for 5.1 multi-channel, be sure to ask Seth about the "Three Extra ICEBlock" option.

Steve

Jfondell

« Reply #45 on: 29 Jul 2011, 11:40 am »
Thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking.

Torkild

« Reply #46 on: 8 Aug 2011, 09:24 pm »
Just replaced stock tubes with PSVANE 12AX7-T REFERENCE.
http://pyndtshop.dk/product_info.php?cPath=58_26&products_id=764
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?language=en&category_id=149&products_id=2269&mySID=iD5qIV7RMmarotB5Q,MA62

I was very happy with the stock tubes sound, but one of them where bad from almost the start.
Hissing an loud pop on power on, and it got worse over time.

Wow, what at change this made, I had a very very great amp before, but now it is in "top of the world class".

More extended highs and a very very transparent mid range, almost better then live performance.
Bass seems to get a tad better resolution - but standard it if almost as good as it gets.
More "3D" - Scene is wider then before not much, but i like it allot.

I just love this amp more and more  :D

Speaker used : Dynaudio Focus 360