Super!!!

SuperXRSSeattle

Super!!!
« on: 2 Sep 2007, 03:46 am »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Louis! I love these Super XRS's! :o. I can's wait to spend 100hours with them toward the full-on sonics.
Even with my Triamp and computer source, I can tell right now that the XRS is quite special.
The cabinet\finish\appearance the packaging, the little itty bitty single round speaker, the BALANCE!
Everything about this pair is Top-Tier. Now, onto the Sub and vinyl and a tube amp.

THANK YOU!!!

R.C.

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I forgot to ad they seem to be quite ACCURATE. I can't wait to mix some recorded tracks with these. 
« Last Edit: 2 Sep 2007, 04:06 am by SuperXRSSeattle »

SuperXRSSeattle

Re: Super!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2007, 07:07 am »
The speaks just shifted into more warmth at this post's hours - nonstop rock, symphony, rap, deep-funk. Low spl's. But a shift toward fullness...hmmm neato

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2007, 07:29 am »
Yes, they play well at low spl's. :green: :thumb: Make sure that the little teflon ring around the outer edge of the drivers has been removed. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=44317.20

SuperXRSSeattle

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2007, 08:32 am »
now, spacial field dimentionality opening wonderfully. Wonderfully! Baldwin concert grand piano replay, even on elcheap CD, registers have 3D and ACCURATE  tonality across all registers. I can hear the hammers on string, the room. Almost hearing the sounboard. 70+ hours to go for break-in. I loved my B&W, Spendor's & other pro studio mixroom monitors....

These have cohesiveness!!! Beauty

Sweet without sugar  :thumb:

SuperXRSSeattle

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2007, 08:41 am »
I should mention that I'm listening in the nearfileld for now. I have also put paper towels (hung, taped) over the single speaker because they "stabbed" my ear - they're New Cones! and wher killing me, but the break-in IS working. Super...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2007, 07:10 pm »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Louis! I love these Super XRS's! :o. I can's wait to spend 100hours with them toward the full-on sonics.
Even with my Triamp and computer source, I can tell right now that the XRS is quite special.
The cabinet\finish\appearance the packaging, the little itty bitty single round speaker, the BALANCE!
Everything about this pair is Top-Tier. Now, onto the Sub and vinyl and a tube amp.

THANK YOU!!!

R.C.

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I forgot to ad they seem to be quite ACCURATE. I can't wait to mix some recorded tracks with these. 

Hi SuperXRSSeattle,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the Omega Forum!

I'm sure Louis is going to be happy to read your initial impressions when he gets back.

Thanks for posting and enjoy!

Vinnie

Louis O

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:41 pm »
Hi SuperXRSSeattle,

Many thanks for the great post and welcome. I'm so happy you're enjoying the XRSs. They are a lot of fun and can't wait for your break in to complete. The break in is huge. Th 4.5" hemp drivers sound larger than I would have thought.

Thanks again,
Louis