Veracity VD dipole/bipole?

ctviggen

Veracity VD dipole/bipole?
« on: 17 Sep 2008, 11:53 am »
I see the website has a link to this, but the link is broken.  Anyone have any data on this speaker?

jsalk

Re: Veracity VD dipole/bipole?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2008, 01:42 pm »
ctvigen -

I see the website has a link to this, but the link is broken.  Anyone have any data on this speaker?

The link to this page is broekn because I never quite got around to putting the web page together.  I guess I should get on that one.

We actually designed and built this model for a customer who requested this speaker.  We used the G2 ribbon tweeter and the Seas W15 with a swtich to allow changing modes from bi-pole to di-pole.  You can see pictures of the resulting picture in this thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=42941.0

- Jim

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2008, 06:28 pm »

Now this is one 7.1 system I'd love to hear,,,, especially with music. Simply a dream system. :drool:

Cheers,
Robin

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2008, 06:36 pm »
Robin -

Now this is one 7.1 system I'd love to hear,,,, especially with music. Simply a dream system. :drool:

Cheers,
Robin

If you ever get to the Boston area, let me know.  I may be able to arrange a demo.

- Jim

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2008, 07:44 pm »
I'm there!

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:26 pm »
Robin -

Cheers,
Robin

If you ever get to the Boston area, let me know.  I may be able to arrange a demo.

- Jim

Jim:

I am in Boston and would like to hear any model of your speaker, since it has been difficult to decide which speaker to order.  If there is someone in the area that would offer a demo, I would be grateful.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2008, 08:44 pm »
Robin -

Cheers,
Robin

- Jim

:drool: Now that would be mighty sweet. :drool: I have had the opportunity to listen to Bill@LakeGeorge's HT-3 with matching Salk center speaker channel and rear channel speakers of another product line. It was the only time I have ever heard a center channel speaker blend seemlessly with the mains to the point that I actually perferred the center speaker left on. I normally turn off my Usher center when listening to multichannel music as I love the imaging and soundstage depth of my 4 Odyssey Lorelei's. Bill's Salk HT-3's w/center were definitely 1 of the cleanest most entertaining multichannel systems I've heard,,, especially at a very high volume when his system really shines. I would imagine tho a complete Salk 7.1 system with those matching subwoofers would be a heavenly thing to experience for sure. :angel:

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2008, 01:32 am by satfrat »

ctviggen

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2008, 12:05 am »
Interesting.  What are the smaller speakers? They don't look like HT1s.  What would be the price difference between the bipoles/dipoles and the HT1s/whatever the other speaker is?  (You can PM me that.)  I think for home theater, I'd like to try some bipoles/dipoles, especially with my room layout.

Nuance

« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2008, 05:09 pm »
 :o  Those subwoofers are huge!  Do you offer those, Jim, or were they a one of a kind type thing? 

I'd love to know how those giant subs perform. 

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2008, 05:28 pm »
Nuance -

:o  Those subwoofers are huge!  Do you offer those, Jim, or were they a one of a kind type thing? 

I'd love to know how those giant subs perform. 

Most of the subs we do are "custom."  These were completely custom.  One was slot ported on the left of the cabinet and the other on the right.  They were designed to sit just to the left and right of the center HT3.  They were passive subs that are being driven by a Velodyne SMS1 and a 1,000 watt outboard amp.

The drivers weigh in at about 54 pounds each and feature titanium cones.

We can built all kinds of subs.  We try and determine what will best fit the situation and build from there.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #10 on: 20 Sep 2008, 03:07 pm »
oneinthepipe -

Jim:

I am in Boston and would like to hear any model of your speaker, since it has been difficult to decide which speaker to order.  If there is someone in the area that would offer a demo, I would be grateful.

You have a PM with contact info.

- Jim