Owner willing for an audition in Seattle area?

jam2001

Re: Owner willing for an audition in Seattle area?
« Reply #40 on: 23 Jun 2008, 02:19 pm »
Arthur, what time and day were you thinking?

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #41 on: 23 Jun 2008, 02:57 pm »
jam -

Was thinking more of Sat 28th, but Sun the 29th is not out of the question. Post golf mobility is sometimes a problem with Sundays - bad back. Time is fairly flexible, depending on what works for the group. Afternoon or evening is probably best, if I can get some input on what works for everyone I'll try to accommodate. Given the forecast for the next week it shouldn't be too warm inside, but given the weather up to now I can understand if there's not a lot of interest in being indoors.

Everyone let me know what works for you ...... odds are I'll just be here working in any case. Either work work, or yard work, seems catch-up mode is perpetual at the moment.

ArthurDent

« Reply #42 on: 23 Jun 2008, 05:44 pm »
OK, 1st set response has come in. Figuring it's going to be tough for everyone to adjust schedules this time of year we'll just do what we can. Those that can make it let's figure this Sat, the 28th, starting around 2 PM, till whenever. PM me for directions if you can make it, if not we'll try again a little later.

jam2001

« Reply #43 on: 25 Jun 2008, 07:22 pm »
Seems like I'm the only one that has responded so far.  I'm thinking that we should reschedule for another time though, with the weather going to be 80 degrees this weekend.

ArthurDent

« Reply #44 on: 25 Jun 2008, 08:49 pm »
hi jam -

Actually mca PM'd me, and at least at the moment we're going to try & do it. Insulators are scheduled to be here tomorrow so that in combination with the attic fan will help keep things cooler inside. But, it will undoubtedly be pushing 90 outside, so with no whole house a/c it's not going to be 60's cool. On our last 80's+ a week or so ago it was 90s here & stayed 76 max inside, delightful compared to past experience.   :D

He may hook up with miklorsmith, haven't heard yet. If he doesn't chime in on the weather factor, feeling it will be too warm we'll still do it. There will be another opportunity if you'd rather be outside getting good weather stuff done. We have few enough good weekends I understand not wanting to spend one of them indoors voluntarily .

For now it's on, if that changes will advise, if we don't catch you this time then next time. Thanks for keeping in touch.

mca

« Reply #45 on: 26 Jun 2008, 06:28 pm »
I hate to keep making and breaking dates, but if it really is going to be a nice weekend (as they claim) I would love to be out and about enjoying it.

ArthurDent

« Reply #46 on: 26 Jun 2008, 11:06 pm »
I hate to keep making and breaking dates, but if it really is going to be a nice weekend (as they claim) I would love to be out and about enjoying it.

Not a problem. We'll just try again in a few weeks. The insulators re-scheduled to Monday, so it'll be cooler when next we try in any case. I'll just hunker down here in the office with the window A/C and be productive. Anything over 80 is rarely fun for me anymore, so I'll do my enjoying of the outside early morning & evening.

Contractor's scheduled to be back the 7th to finish, so maybe the 19th if all works out. Have a great weekend, back in a while....

godawgs5

« Reply #47 on: 3 Jul 2008, 05:25 pm »
Look at this, I leave for a week to get married on the beach in Cabo and you guys are making plans without me!  :cry:  j/k
19th could work for me as of right now...assuming everyone else is free.  Summertime is tough, though, so I am not holding my breath, no worries.... ArthurDent - hope your construction went/is going well. 

ArthurDent

« Reply #48 on: 3 Jul 2008, 09:05 pm »
Yo godawg, Congrats on the nuptials, & Best Wishes for uncounted years of bliss.

We'll see how everyone's schedule comes together for the 19th. Due to T-storms last night shut down the computers. Sadly on reconnecting & start-up this am the internet machine didn't.  :cry:
The new portable hadn't been fully configured as yet, so it wouldn't connect.  :(
Have been at the shop with my computer buddy since 10, and it says my 80 gig Internet machine harddrive is actually -1 Meg capacity !  :duh:  :scratch:

We have gotten this portable working, though not sure if it will send as I'm not connected to my server. If not, will resend this when I get home. With luck Phase 1 construction will wrap next week. So we'll see what jam, mca, & miklorsmith have to say, and maybe we can pull it together for the 19th. If we can't get the group, I'll work with y'all as fits your schedules.

Later.... :thumb:

godawgs5

« Reply #49 on: 3 Jul 2008, 09:49 pm »
Thanks! I'm excited and so is she - its been over five years and I though it was about time.  You should see my wedding present from her!  I will have to learn how to post pics on here soon...  All I can say is I am one lucky man!  :D         Can we post PG-13 pics on here?

Sorry to hear the T-Storms - I heard there was over 1,000 lightning strikes in the Seattle area last night!!   :o   We got nothing here in Port Angeles.

Have a nice 4th!  8)

ArthurDent

« Reply #50 on: 24 Jul 2008, 11:01 am »
Gentlemen -

Checking back to see if there is still interest/availability ? House is 98%. Am working on attic to allow some storage, mainly empty audio equipment boxes, also the misc work files bin, etc. Would have proposed this weekend but work, and the closure of Kent Kangley for Covington Days Sat precluded that.

Next weekend is SeaFair I think, so that's probably not good for many. If it works we can try Aug 9th ? Or give me some thoughts on what works for you guys. I know miklorsmith has been busy working with the Sports Bar renovation team. Thanks to all for their efforts on that.  :thumb:

Like you godawgs I need to research the threads on picture posting. There was one a few months back that gave pretty simple directions on the process. And to my limited knowledge PG-13 pics are acceptable subject to the guidelines, which I will have to review myself.

mca - 800 watts pc in 4 ohms  :o  What's that thing idle at ? The STs are recommended to 250 pc for SS. You'll have to let us know how that unit sounds. Looks nice and is obviously a beastie. Do we dare consider pairing the two if you are considering that match down the road ? Or would the place end up looking like the scene in 'Back to the Future' where MJ Fox plugs his guitar into the Doc's system and gets blown across the room on the 1st strum ?

jam2001 - if you're still interested, I'm still interested on your impressions of the differences to the Rockets.

Hope you are all having a good summer.  8)

godawgs5

« Reply #51 on: 24 Jul 2008, 05:00 pm »
ArthurDent - glad to hear construction is almost done.  This summer is treating me well so far - staying really busy at work which is great because that gets me closer to buying some new toys (speakers!)  Now if it would just stop blowing out in the Straits I might be able to go salmon fishing.   :cry:

I am in the Seattle area August 4th and 5th and then again on August 15th and 16th.  I have plans for the full day but in the evening I can make the effort and swing down to your place if you are not too busy during the weeknights??  My buddy just had a baby on Tuesday and I am dying to visit his new addition - they live in Renton, really close to Fry's and all of that new construction that is going up down there - how close are you to that area?  I would only stop by at your convenience.  The weekends are pretty much full for me until October - I'm in Italy for two and half weeks in September and in August I have friends and family visiting me every weekend!  :duh:

ArthurDent

« Reply #52 on: 24 Jul 2008, 05:35 pm »
godawgs5- generally speaking a week night evening wouldn't be a problem. I've got work coming out my ears at the moment, which is good, but being generally lazy it does cut into my lounging time evenings & weekends. On the other hand it's better than the alternative, and I'm thankful that I have it.

As you note it does allow for some expenditures that otherwise could be on the list for a long time, though most of what's coming in will be ploughed back into the mortgage to re-accelerate payoff. I refi'd last year to have the funds for all the house work before I realized the powers that be would hold things up till this year to get started. Even that worked out in a backhanded way given the economic developments since.

We can touch base as your first trip to Sea gets closer & refine things. The noted Renton location is about 45 minutes from me, but a fairly easy routing via Renton-Maple Valley-Blk Diamond Hwy (SR 169). If you need anything from Home Depot you can pick it up while in the neighborhood too, their new store opened a couple of weeks ago. And come spring we'll have a new Costco as well. Now if they'd just put some roads in to go with the houses, apts, condos, and commercial development maybe the area would remain liveable (obviously a subjective view). As it is I figure to move on & farther out in 5-7 years, the traffic is just ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm slightly more than an easy stones throw from Hwy 18, so getting out of the area is easy. 

Later  8)

jam2001

« Reply #53 on: 25 Jul 2008, 03:30 am »
AuthurDent,

If you an Godawgs setup a date and time I'll do my best to be there.  A weeknight might work out better because as you know, we only have so many nice summer weekends in this area.

ArthurDent

« Reply #54 on: 25 Jul 2008, 03:38 am »
AuthurDent,

If you an Godawgs setup a date and time I'll do my best to be there.  A weeknight might work out better because as you know, we only have so many nice summer weekends in this area.

Will keep you posted  :thumb:

ArthurDent

« Reply #55 on: 31 Jul 2008, 05:17 pm »
Gents -

Looks like one of the evenings of your 2nd trip godawgs5 is going to work better for me, 15th or 16th. Buried with work.

Let me know what things look like from your end a couple of days ahead of time, and we'll see if we can pull it off.

Later...... :peek:

godawgs5

« Reply #56 on: 31 Jul 2008, 06:11 pm »
Gents -

Looks like one of the evenings of your 2nd trip godawgs5 is going to work better for me, 15th or 16th. Buried with work.

Let me know what things look like from your end a couple of days ahead of time, and we'll see if we can pull it off.

Later...... :peek:
Sounds good.  If things should change for this coming Monday or Tuesday let me know.

ArthurDent

« Reply #57 on: 14 Aug 2008, 01:33 pm »
OK, timing and weather don't seem to be co-operating real well. With today forcast for 88, tomorrow for 91, it will be 95 & close to 100 out here.   :flame:  In an effort to work with godawg5's schedule I'll entertain any of you fine gentlemen who won't mind sitting around in probably mid 70's (at best), tomorrow evening. No a/c except in the office, which is at the opposite end of the house, but can set up a fan to move the air around.

Not sure what his schedule is, but figure the doors 'open' around 6, and we'll wrap whenever, not too late. Unless the weather takes a turn to the cooler, we'll probably wait till next month for the next session. If you are available & interested pm me for directions. Note that mapquest's directions are not the best, jackmonkeyhat got in the area with them, but only found me because he'd brought my notes along with him.

Hope your summer is going well, still busy here, but the bulk of the home improvements are done for this year.  :dance:

Later.....

godawgs5

« Reply #58 on: 14 Aug 2008, 11:14 pm »
I sent a couple PM today....but overall everything is looking good for me!   :D

Getting very excited to finally hear those beauties!   :drool:

Later,
Andy

ArthurDent

« Reply #59 on: 15 Aug 2008, 12:20 am »
I sent a couple PM today....but overall everything is looking good for me!   :D

Getting very excited to finally hear those beauties!   :drool:

You've been PM'd back sir. Looking forward to making your acquaintance.  :thumb: