Just a brief update on LDR3000T development as we roll towards our Sept 15th release. Very busy the past week+. Here are the highlights.
1) Completed the CNC machining code and jigs for modifying our standard extruded aluminum enclosures into double-wide boxes.
2) Cut our first rear panel for fit-up
3) Completed mock-up and fit-up of rear panel input/output interface board
4) Confirmed alignment of both the V25 controller boards and the new tube buffer board within the casework and with the input/output interface board
5) Finalized layout of the new tube buffer board and ordered prototype PCBs
6) Finalized layout of input/output interface board and ordered prototype PCBs
7) Updated bill of materials
Completed CAD work on front panel - ready to order 1st set of blanks
As you can tell from the above we are now deep into finalizing and fine-tuning the enclosure layout and component fit-up. For once we didn't run into any egregious obstacles all last week and kept the swearing to a minimum. In about 2 weeks or I think we'll have our first fully assembled LDR3000T that we can live test as an assembly and not just as stand alone components on a test bench. Won't have pretty finished boxes and panels until later in August but that's typical. Probably order 1st set of panels by the end of this week. They won't be anodized yet though. Still have prep and machining to do before that. Busy busy!