Need suggestions for good interconnects that are also a good value

lupodwdm21

Hey everyone!  I would like to replace the monster cable interconnects I am using between the analog 5.1 outputs of my Oppo BDP-83SE and my Denon 3810.  I am using Audio quest speaker cables between my Krell and my PSB Synchrony Ones and really like the quality of them.  Can anyone recommend some good interconnects that don't cost a fortune?  I would need 3 pairs. I was looking at some of the less expensive Audio quest interconnects but I don't know if they would be any better than the monster cable ICs I'm already using.

Thanks in advance!

Carl

fredgarvin

I've always felt Blue Jeans cable to be one of the best out there for value.

Nuance

I've always felt Blue Jeans cable to be one of the best out there for value.
+1

Monoprice is another popular choice, albeit very cheap, so you might get made fun of by some on this forum...

gerald porzio

Blue Jeans LC-1 (low capacitance)

grigore

You can also try Supra EFF-I interconect. You will be surprised by the good sound it will make, natural, detailed and smooth. I realy like this interconect and is not expensive at all (around 100$/pair).

Supra EFF-I :http://www.jenving.se/?p=rcx_inlx

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
I use silver interconnects made by Ben over on the Polk Forum.  Really nice, not too expensive, either.

Rocket

Hi Steve,

Do you have a link for the silver cables?

Regards

Rod

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  I'll second Supra. Actually a good match with the Oppo . Speaker cables as well.

charles

doug s.

• makin' music
check this thread - in it, besides other good suggestions, is a link to where i bought three 1m pure silver litz braided ic pairs for something like $150 shipped.  they have arrived, still in the box, so don't ask me how they sound, yet! 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=79320.msg755049#msg755049

doug s.

lupodwdm21

If I were sticking strictly with Audio quest products, anyone familiar with their entry level interconnects?  Are they any good?

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Well, the Luminous Audio 1 meters are $20, guess I'll grab a pr. at that price.

doug s.

• makin' music
If I were sticking strictly with Audio quest products, anyone familiar with their entry level interconnects?  Are they any good?
this is pure speculation on my part, but i would be surprised if the aq cabling that is ten times the price of the cabling i got is as good as what i got...

doug s.

bacobits1

I just picked up Frank's, Signal Cable "Analog 2 interconnects" very nice for the $$
Leaving silver behind for awhile.

D

PSB Guy

Another vote here for Blue Jeans LC-1s (and their speaker cables, for that matter)...

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
You didn't mention a specific price point? 

JPS Labs Ultraconductor II interconnects and speaker wire is very affordably priced and has a lot of the JPS house sound....  well worth checking out... especially if you can get them cheaply via used market...

www.jpslabs.com

some of the older discontinued models are also worthy of exploring...

http://cgis.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/srch_fs.pl?searchstring=jps&B1=go

mcullinan

Grover Huffmans SX interconnects are excellent! Great extension, detail and balance. A huge step up from Blue Jean cables, which were my first cables btw.

Another choice would be the MAC Palladiums (My Audio Cables) They can only be used for source but are really great. Musical, touch of warmth, nice balance, not as much extension or detail, but its subtle.
Good Luck!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Add Element Cable (the cheaper stuff) to the Blue Jean and Signal Cable recommendations from full blown vendors.

Better yet google Scott Endler.  He makes everything custom from his cottage and offers great prices/service.  A step up from the above.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Rocket,
You can find Ben over here:
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/member.php?u=76154

Tell him I sent you.

mark funk

Belden cable, been making cable for over a 100 years. You can get it at Blue Jeans Cable.

:smoke: