voltage trouble

pixies

voltage trouble
« on: 14 Oct 2005, 06:52 am »
I have a stratos mono / tempest + lorelei system and I was wondering if anyone of you was using a power regulator or ups source or something else with the same functions. I need something like this because the voltage (220-240 here) varies a lot. I left all my equipment turned on and nothing appeared to be wrong but I am not sure anymore. The power supplied to my house falls once / twice a week. So I searched some products but I do not know how to choose. Need help. Thanks.

Brian

voltage trouble
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2005, 07:04 am »
Hello Pixies

First of all, welcome to Audiocircle.

I have no experience with such equipment, so I can not help you.

Brian

Off Topic: Where do you live? Looking at the voltage (240) I assume that you do not live in the US. Are you from Europe?

Sonny

Re: voltage trouble
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2005, 04:00 pm »
Quote from: pixies
I have a stratos mono / tempest + lorelei system and I was wondering if anyone of you was using a power regulator or ups source or something else with the same functions. I need something like this because the voltage (220-240 here) varies a lot.

Hi there Pixies...
I would recommend a Monster AVS 2000, its a Voltage Regulator, exactly what you need, and there is one on sale on audiogon for less than $700 which is darn cheap!
Pick it up!
Sonny

Randy

voltage trouble
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2005, 04:14 pm »
Check out Audiophile aps.

http://www.Audiophileaps.com

pixies

voltage trouble
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2005, 05:41 pm »
Brian is right: I am from Europe. This clears the monster avs as it ships only in the US. I am still searching. Until then I am shutting down the system when not listening for more than one day.