Sound Cards

NewBuyer

Re: Sound Cards
« Reply #20 on: 30 Mar 2009, 04:19 am »
(sorry duplicate post)

WerTicus

« Reply #21 on: 30 Mar 2009, 04:49 am »
I made my own break out cables.  I think making cables to be the simplest job in the world, there is no really tricky aspects to it its a matter of choosing the correct properties for the job.   also balanced helps because its less fussy about length and interference by design.  My cables are multi stranded ofc copper magnet wire that is human hair wide, cost was $20 ish... pretty tricky to solder though.

I also record vocals for dvd and online presentations via a cheap tube microphone pre amp and the results are pretty good even though I only have a behringer xm8500 vocal mic (which i also modded a little with wool damping)

I've also played with some acoustic guitar at high res for kicks and with no processing what so ever sounds pretty damn close to real.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #22 on: 30 Mar 2009, 04:24 pm »
Hi All,

The reason I went with the MAudio Audiophile 192 soundcard and the Lynx AES16e soundcard is they both will do up to 192/24 resolution. The Lynx is used a lot in our Pro installs

Anyone know of other sound cards that will do 192/24. Mac Pro is limited to 96/24.  I believe all the streaming devices are limited at this point to 44/16?

james

james,

try ESI Juli@. it's a PCI soundcard. i haven't tried it personally but i was reading about it in a hifi magazine.

hope this helps...

al.

James,

did you find something about the ESi Juli@-soundcard in the internet that might be interesting for you? :roll:

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 30 Mar 2009, 04:45 pm »
Hi All,

The reason I went with the MAudio Audiophile 192 soundcard and the Lynx AES16e soundcard is they both will do up to 192/24 resolution. The Lynx is used a lot in our Pro installs

Anyone know of other sound cards that will do 192/24. Mac Pro is limited to 96/24.  I believe all the streaming devices are limited at this point to 44/16?

james

james,

try ESI Juli@. it's a PCI soundcard. i haven't tried it personally but i was reading about it in a hifi magazine.

hope this helps...

al.

James,

did you find something about the ESi Juli@-soundcard in the internet that might be interesting for you? :roll:

al.

Hi al,

I have one on order.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #24 on: 30 Mar 2009, 05:47 pm »
...ok. cool. let us know how it works, please.

al.