Well Tempered DPS Power Supply

MikeDuke

Re: Well Tempered DPS Power Supply
« Reply #20 on: 15 Sep 2011, 06:14 pm »
And do you run the Dyna cart with the P75 in PE mode? Really thinking hard about one of those carts (prob a 20x2) in PE mode with the WTA. Hoping that would be a stellar combo.
I thinkit is in enhanced mode but I don't remember to be honest.  My dealer set up the table so I am not sure what it is was in.  Whatever it is in, with good vinyl, it sounds outstanding. 

DavidS

« Reply #21 on: 20 Sep 2011, 12:13 am »
My new power supply arrived in Canada today.  Have it installed and somehow things are quieter - my main impression so far.  Have no idea how an outboard power supply will benefit the operation of a turntable but seems pretty nice so far.  Any explain why I am hearing what I am hearing?

doak

« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2011, 12:23 am »
My new power supply arrived in Canada today.  Have it installed and somehow things are quieter - my main impression so far.  Have no idea how an outboard power supply will benefit the operation of a turntable but seems pretty nice so far.  Any explain why I am hearing what I am hearing?

The replacement PS that I'm using seems to have more "drive" than either of the OEM units I got with my WTA.

I hope and expect that the DPS is a step beyond. 

Please report more as you experience the unit's performance in your system.

Doak

doak

« Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2011, 12:28 am »

I expect that the DPS is a non-switching linear PS. 
Why do they sound better?  Someone else can do the technical info on that.  My answer is: Because they do!

Doak