Symmetricas on Audiogon

kip_

Symmetricas on Audiogon
« on: 24 Feb 2010, 01:58 am »
Way out of my price range, but someone's going to get a stellar deal on these:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1270507502&/Selah-Audio-Symmetrica-Planar-

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Symmetricas on Audiogon
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2010, 02:05 am »
Where have you been? These gems have been offered here on AC all of february for $100 less than he's selling them for on A'gon right here. The deal is here on Audiocircle!   :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Cacophonix

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2010, 05:37 am »
Thanks for the plug, Guys!

These gems are still available. To any local buyer, i'm willing to throw in 4 acoustic panels you see in the above picture for free. Two of them are 4" thick, and are made of rockwool, and the 3" thick pair are made of OC703. Both measure 4' x 2'.

Rick has scored a bulls-eye on these arrays. The soundstage is so huge that you'll be stunned for quite sometime!

Actually, i wanted to get the ribbon symmetricas, but just couldn't afford the extra thousand or so for the ribbons. So decided to go with planars. And at that time, Rick suggested the vifa woofers as he was very impressed by them. Except for the bass, you'll be hard pressed to find anything to match their scale of presentation. But then i wanted a sealed array with a small footprint as i thought the ported design would mess up the bass in my small room.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2010, 04:49 pm »
Thanks for the plug, Guys!

These gems are still available. To any local buyer, i'm willing to throw in 4 acoustic panels you see in the above picture for free. Two of them are 4" thick, and are made of rockwool, and the 3" thick pair are made of OC703. Both measure 4' x 2'.

Rick has scored a bulls-eye on these arrays. The soundstage is so huge that you'll be stunned for quite sometime!

Actually, i wanted to get the ribbon symmetricas, but just couldn't afford the extra thousand or so for the ribbons. So decided to go with planars. And at that time, Rick suggested the vifa woofers as he was very impressed by them. Except for the bass, you'll be hard pressed to find anything to match their scale of presentation. But then i wanted a sealed array with a small footprint as i thought the ported design would mess up the bass in my small room.

Actually it's a Peerless woofer but they are made by the same company (Tymphany) as the Vifa line. These typically cross at 100-120hz.

Cacophonix

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2010, 05:25 pm »
Actually it's a Peerless woofer but they are made by the same company (Tymphany) as the Vifa line. These typically cross at 100-120hz.

Ouch .. i'll correct that in the ad  :duh: