FS : Selah Audio Planar Symmetrica Line Arrays - $2300

Cacophonix

After a lot of thought, and hand wringing i've decided to put these up on sale. I bought them initially thinking that i'd be moving to a house and would have space for line array, but those plans are not materializing. And in the meantime, the second bedroom in my apartment is being reclaimed as guest bedroom for my visiting in-laws and parents.

I bought the kit  in Nov 2008 from Rick. These are based on the symmetricas but with planars instead of the more expensive ribbons. Also the woofers are from Peerless instead of HiVi.

The cabinets were made by a woodworker nearby, and i veneered them using manufactured ebony - while not as expensive as the real one, it still is quite stunning. I finished them with waterlox tung oil mix on top of clear shellac. I've invested a lot of elbow grease on these! Took me almost 6 months from the time i received the kit to finish them up!

They sound wonderful though as can be expected from a sealed array (3" woofers), the bass needs help. They go down till about 80Hz, and i've been using a pair of yamaha sw315 subwoofers. Together they sound very good. I had them over at a local meet and in a larger room, the arrays sounded much much better there. They really really shine if you give them some room to breathe. Its a pity that i've them in a 11x12 room in an apartment. I've a pair of odyssey khartago mono extreme SE as well.

Due to the size of the speakers, local sales (Dallas Fort Worth Region) are -highly- preferred.

I'm asking for $2300.00

Here's the link to the thread i started after i was done with the build.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68327.0

« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2010, 10:58 pm by Cacophonix »

Cacophonix

Re: FS : Selah Audio Planar Symmetrica Line Arrays - $2500
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2010, 07:56 pm »
Bump! With new pictures ...

Cacophonix

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2010, 09:39 pm »
bump!

Cacophonix

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2010, 06:10 pm »
Bump! Local auditions can be arranged.

Cacophonix

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2010, 05:27 pm »
Weekly bump!

Cacophonix

Re: FS : Selah Audio Planar Symmetrica Line Arrays - $2300
« Reply #5 on: 8 Mar 2010, 11:00 pm »
Price reduced!

I'm almost giving the cabinets away for free at this price. Also local buyers can take my 2 pairs of 2'x4' acoustic panels. One pair is made of OC703, and the other pair is made of rockwool.