VR4SR MKII Anniversary, with MKIII midrange upgrade.

Ambiance

Re: Is my room to small?
« Reply #40 on: 15 Sep 2009, 06:27 pm »
Now I am very disappointed with VS. I have localized the bass issue, all the screws that are mounted on both bassmodules had 1 to 3 turns left before they tightened the speaker elements on to module.  :evil:

When I discovered this I want to know caused this? Have the speakers been tampered with, modifyed, or did the guy who was assemblying the speakers sleeping?  And I want to return this speakers and get my money back, what else could have gone wrong?

When I messure the frq as previously mentioned, they show the same DB on both sides and they are a bit more linear, the 20 Hz still is the lowest, but it gain from 62db to 66db and that gain even more in sweetspot.

A.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #41 on: 15 Sep 2009, 07:27 pm »
Call Joe at the VSA factory.  I have found their customer service to be excellent.

Delacroix

« Reply #42 on: 15 Sep 2009, 08:02 pm »
Ambience -- screws can loosen in shipping -- if the bass problem is remedied by tightening these down then I'd say you came out ahead! What are we missing here???  As Gavin said, if in doubt, call VSA customer service and/or the dealer from whom you bought these.

Ambiance

Re: Happy owner of VR4SR MKII Anniversay. (Is my room to small?)
« Reply #43 on: 21 Sep 2009, 06:57 pm »
There is one issue that comes to mind.

Three turns before egageing speaker frame is a lot. This might be evidence of tempering or abuse of speakers. If that is not the case, then the speakers have not properly put to gether, and over torqued the screws to ruin the ability to ceep the speakers in place while playing.

I do not know if you know this, but the screws are mounted directly to wood, and if broken this will not hold for long. That`s why I am frusturated.

I sent Albert VS a mail, and I am waiting for reply.

A.

VSA_JOE

« Reply #44 on: 21 Sep 2009, 07:05 pm »
We have been investigating the reason why you found several loose screws on your VR-4 SR Mk2 woofers. We have had several complaints from customers overseas about the Customs Agents taking the speakers out of the crates and removing the woofers to inspect for drugs or bomb parts.  In fact, one of our customers in Mexico said that Customs had put a sticker on the outside of the crate, saying it was 'OPENED FOR INSPECTION.'  The customer complained to Customs about this, but of course, nothing can be done due to the need for security.

The black clay rope caulk we use to "seal" all of the woofers, midrange, and tweeters, acts like a "glue" to hold in the woofers.  The clay rope caulk is extremely sticky and it is very difficult to remove the speakers when they need to be replaced.

It is virtually impossible for the screws to come loose by themselves, since the woofers cannot move when they are "glued" to the baffle with the caulk.  We have inspected 10-year old speakers that come in for mods and none of them have had loose screws or air leaks.

Joe  Mounyvong
Manager, Customer Service

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #45 on: 21 Sep 2009, 08:05 pm »
Hello Ambiance,
 That is a beautiful room you have as well as a beautiful pair of speakers. I hope you can figure things out and able to keep those speakers. Hopefully it was just customs being overly protective.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #46 on: 22 Sep 2009, 12:20 am »
Yeah I tried smoking that white substance in my bass ports only to find it was dacron  :duh:

Ambiance

« Reply #47 on: 22 Sep 2009, 06:47 am »
Yeah I tried smoking that white substance in my bass ports only to find it was dacron  :duh:

??

Ambiance

« Reply #48 on: 22 Sep 2009, 06:49 am »
Hello Ambiance,
 That is a beautiful room you have as well as a beautiful pair of speakers. I hope you can figure things out and able to keep those speakers. Hopefully it was just customs being overly protective.

Yes most likely. But there should be some quality inspection before costumer get them delivered!?

A.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #49 on: 22 Sep 2009, 12:51 pm »

??

My lame attempt at humor....sorry :oops:

Ambiance

« Reply #50 on: 23 Sep 2009, 06:51 pm »
Hehe.

I gues someone tryed to smugle inside speakers as well as smoking dacron.

Happily VSA will send propper equipment to have this speakers repaired. And Renaissance Audio (Norway) will do the repair in house. No need for sending speakers. :)

All good at the end!

A.

Ambiance

« Reply #51 on: 23 Sep 2009, 07:27 pm »

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #52 on: 23 Sep 2009, 07:48 pm »
Good luck and best regards to Roald.

Cor

Ambiance

« Reply #53 on: 26 Sep 2009, 09:12 pm »
Good luck and best regards to Roald.

Cor

Will do!

A.

Rocket

« Reply #54 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:32 am »
Hi,

Why don't you get the dealer that you purchased the speakers from to firstly inspect them and have a listen to your system.  I've bought gear from audio shops in the past and the equipment never sounds the same when i get it home.

I'd be very careful trying to remove the drivers from the cabinet to inspect whether any damaged has occurred to the speaker because you may damage the cabinet veneer in the process.

Regards

Rod

Ambiance

« Reply #55 on: 27 Sep 2009, 07:08 am »
Hi,

Why don't you get the dealer that you purchased the speakers from to firstly inspect them and have a listen to your system.  I've bought gear from audio shops in the past and the equipment never sounds the same when i get it home.

I'd be very careful trying to remove the drivers from the cabinet to inspect whether any damaged has occurred to the speaker because you may damage the cabinet veneer in the process.

Regards

Rod

HI Rod.

Yes, the dealer is coming to repair the speakers and check the integrity as well.
All gear sounds diferent at home VS dealer demorooms. In this case the drivers where loose from casing, and all screws where unbolted. Think costums are to blame.

A.

Ambiance

Re: Happy owner of VR4SR MKII Anniversary. (Is my room to small?)
« Reply #56 on: 17 Nov 2009, 07:38 pm »
Guys.

Need some help considering amplifire purchase.
I am in progress of upgrading my amlifire situation. I am leaving my Pass Labs 250.5 for the benefit of mono amps.

Considering thise four systems, and I am replasing amp cause i miss some of the bass control and SOLID depth.

-Pass Labs X600.5
-Chapter 500m
-Bryston 28 Mono.
-MBL 9007 Mono.

Personal favorit are MBL and Pass Labs, but I am open for advise considering all four systems with a brief explianation or personal experience.

Thank you!

A.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #57 on: 17 Nov 2009, 09:32 pm »
How about LAMM monoblocks?

Ambiance

« Reply #58 on: 17 Nov 2009, 09:46 pm »
How about LAMM monoblocks?

I have not found any used ones, but I have found the mentioned amps used, and that is why I am considering the fours systems. 

Lamm, I am sure have very good products, but I have no experence with them.

How does your MC 501 do??

A.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #59 on: 17 Nov 2009, 09:55 pm »
Ambiance-  You know that for listening to music purely, you would surely allow for instruments to separate out and focus more dimensionally and gain more of a concert hall size stage and depth of field if you were to move your speakers out from those corners.  See the two photos here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71144.0
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2009, 01:11 am by jimdgoulding »