KR Tube factory will be on Science Channel, not Discovery Channel, Dec 3

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I have just been informed that the TV show called "How Things Are Made" will be on the Science Channel, not the Discovery Channel, on December 3 at 9:00pm and again at 12:00am. That is tomorrow night and should be a very interesting show for us nerdy audiophiles.

Happy Viewing,
Albert Von Schweikert

mhconley

Albert et al,

The Discovery Channel's Science Channel show is titled "How It's Made" and is my son's favorite program.  Their episode guide describes episode 7 of season 9: "Find out how audio tubes, shredders, model aircraft and snare drums are made."

The schedule on the site does not show it as one of the episodes on tonight but I am still going to watch to see if the guide is wrong.  I'd love to see how those tubes are made...

Martin

Update: Several guides show the Audio Tubes show on tonight and some show the episode the Science Channel's site shows.  KR Audio has an update on their website saying the show will now air on January 14.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
The 9pm est show "How It's Made" on channel 284 of my DirecTv menu has listed under info: "Kitchen Accessories, Vaccums, Paper Mache, Hydraulic Cylinders".

As I'll be watching football during the 1st showing, my DVR is set to record the 9:00 premiere for my viewing well after the midnite hour. According to the D'Tv's guide, 1/2 show be repeated at midnite and then repeated again 1 more time at 4:00am monday morning.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

KJ

The 9pm est show "How It's Made" on channel 284 of my DirecTv menu has listed under info: "Kitchen Accessories, Vaccums, Paper Mache, Hydraulic Cylinders".

I think that may be different from Episode 7 which talks about audio tubes.  According to the episode guide, that's Episode 8 (vacuum cleaners?).

I checked the listing on my cable provider, but like you Episode 8 was the only one that I could find airing today.  I'll DVR it anyway just in case.

satfrat

• Restricted
I think that may be different from Episode 7 which talks about audio tubes.  According to the episode guide, that's Episode 8 (vacuum cleaners?).

I checked the listing on my cable provider, but like you Episode 8 was the only one that I could find airing today.  I'll DVR it anyway just in case.

Just got done seeing the episode guide and I do believe you're right and Albert was given some bad info. But if tonites show is Episode 8, wouldn't that mean Episode 7 has come and gone?  :scratch:

Looks like I'll just need to keep a closer eye on this show, which I've never watched.

Cheers,
Robin

KJ

Also found this which references a different season and episode (and indicates it hasn't aired yet):

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/how-its-made/season-16/6929248

satfrat

• Restricted
Also found this which references a different season and episode (and indicates it hasn't aired yet):

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/how-its-made/season-16/6929248

Well at least that's good to know, now it's Season 16 Episode 17.  :duh:  Like I said, I've never even watched 1 episode of this show so I'll have better luck scoping my D'tv's Guide Menu than I'll have with the internet. But if I find the show, I will post it.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Just found this on KR's Events Calendar

January 14, 2010 2100 EST, Global  <-- NOTE NEW DATE
Discovery Science Channel "How It's Made 8" Episode 20
Feature presentation on KR Audio Tube Manufacture

SET Man

Hey!

Thanks. As a KR audio tubes user I will make a note of that. :D

I'm sure many people especially younger one will go "Wha!?" What the heck is tube? :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
Just found this on KR's Events Calendar

January 14, 2010 2100 EST, Global  <-- NOTE NEW DATE
Discovery Science Channel "How It's Made 8" Episode 20
Feature presentation on KR Audio Tube Manufacture

Looks like Martin had it right.  8)  Well after getting all wound up tonite, I gotta see this show,,,, next year.   :lol:   Someone better update this thread come january or I'll never remember.  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Looks like Martin had it right.  8)  Well after getting all wound up tonite, I gotta see this show,,,, next year.   :lol:   Someone better update this thread come january or I'll never remember.  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin

You can put it on the AC calendar..... :wink:

I check it every night... :thumb:

mhconley

It's still a very cool show; my 7-year-old and I watched 4 episodes last night.  :thumb:  The show puts his imagination into overdrive.

I don't know what's up with their season and episode numbering.  I too found different season / episode numbers Googling this show.  Strange.

Martin

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
It is a very interesting show. I watch it all the time. They have had some very interesting episodes including how vinyl (records) are made. They do a very good job of fitting very long manufacturing processes into about 10-15 minutes.

With everyone these days that have fancy cell phones, all you have to do is put it into your appointment section and set the alarm to remind you the day before and again a few hours before the show.

SET Man

Hey!

Just saw this on The Science Channel. Pretty cool! :cool: Well, I'm glade that I got home in time to see this rerun, it was shown earlier this evening.

Wow! Now I know how my KR Audio 842VHD tubes were made!  :D  All hand made at that.

This show should get some people, especially younger people today about tube audio. But I'm pretty sure they will be shock once they know how much KR Audio tubes cost  :icon_lol:

Anyway, I've been using my amp of which use KR 842VHD or 300BXLS for 11 years now. I just retubed about 2 years ago. These tubes are well built and do last. I just wish the price is a bit lower.  :roll:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
Damn I missed it BUT it will be shown again on SuperBowl Sunday morning at 4:00am,,, get the DVR setup.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Indiansprings

Damn I missed it BUT it will be shown again on SuperBowl Sunday morning at 4:00am,,, get the DVR setup.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
DVR is set as well. 8)

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Got my DVR set as well but anxiously await a special on the manufacture of field effect transistors  8)

satfrat

• Restricted
SuperBowl Sunday morning at 4:00am

IF you don't already have it recorded, then you've missed it. I had my DVR recording this morning while I was outside snowblowing 6" of slush.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Right you are Robin.  I had it set for 4am this morning so I should have it.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Right you are Robin.  I had it set for 4am this morning so I should have it.

Well Gavin, we are very interested in the result of your your setting.