Krautrock Forever!!

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Re: Krautrock Forever!!
« Reply #60 on: 4 Feb 2021, 08:18 pm »
Hi, FullRangeMan!

Nice to see a Krautrock section here at AC!

try the following:

Da Capo - same (1972, later in 1988 reissued by 'Little Wing Of Refugees') the song ''Future'' is one of my favourites
Jane - Lady (1975, Brain Records)
Tractor - same (1972, Dandelion Records) NOT a German Band but certainly worth to give it a listen - especially the song ''Little Girl In Yellow'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....just to name a few

best,

al.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #61 on: 4 Feb 2021, 10:03 pm »
Hi Al,
Nice to see a Krautrock fan here, I will see these suggestions on YT Thanks.  I had a friend that was a Jane fan.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #62 on: 7 Feb 2021, 07:31 pm »

...i saw Jane LIVE on stage. what a rare event :wink: too sad that Peter Panka died already a few years ago...

al.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #63 on: 7 Feb 2021, 08:24 pm »
...i saw Jane LIVE on stage. what a rare event :wink: too sad that Peter Panka died already a few years ago...

al.
Really sorry to know.
RIP

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #64 on: 1 Apr 2021, 08:21 am »
Hi Grace Ruby,
Hope everything is fine with you on these days.
After some stellar quality albums as these:
Gila - Free Electric Sound - 1971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUkWZSWWh-c
Gila - Night Works - 1972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xuyC0YtBW0

Gila released a awful album in 1973
named Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee
based on the organized American Indians massacre, It has nothing to do with the prog rock music of others Gila albums, so some years ago I discovered why, it have Florian Fricke on piano and knowing that Fricke after this album starting in 1974 spend 7 years on Tibet and released several albums with similar mediocre music all poorly recorded on cassete tape based on his Tibetan life, its not difficult to assume that Fricke composed the music of Bury album and used the band to record it, IMO its the worst Gila album, after Tibet Fricke dedicated himself to musico therapy and leave keyboards and recorded only with acoustic piano since.

So I wonder know your opinion about the Bury album below and also from others members music lovers to know if its just me or this album is bad indeed:
Gila - Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylw0yl0fq1w&list=PLRQKT-Cu2_2RqXqXhsMm6ca1d_inaGGpd

Gila line-up 1973>
Front: Cony Veidt, Sabine Merbach,
Back: Florian Fricke, Daniel Fichelscher.
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2021, 12:54 pm by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #65 on: 4 Oct 2021, 12:43 am »
Malcolm Mooney meets Damo Suzuki (1988) with Jaki Liebezeit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVBlPv-tAk

klaus@odyssey

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.odysseyaudio.com
« Reply #66 on: 4 Oct 2021, 09:40 am »
Just saw this thread....

I'm from Hannover,  and in my old neighborhood lived three of the most prominent bands in Germany at that time......Scorpions, Jane and Eloy...seen a lot of German bands at that time of course,  and met Klaus Meine / Rudolf etc.  when I was 14 and they didn't blow up yet....small concert, yes, but Rudi picked me up onto the stage and I played air guitar next to him....after the concert talked with the boys in the dressing room,  and then the girls came ...and Klaus had to go.

Eloy was also a VERY special concert in '75 or '76  in Wolfsburg...was supposed to be a Hannover night,  but due to a snow storm only Eloy showed up....and as a result  only about a 100 people were in attendance in a 3,000 or so (standing capacity) concert hall...after a 2 hours concert they were somewhat forced / heheheheeee/  to 8..(eight )  long encores....hours...awesome.

Unfortunately,  never saw Jane even though the boys were in the same student bars we went to.....you know,  alternative,  long haired, etc.  Was a great scene, and even when Punk and New Wave started in the early 80's, it was a diverse and creative scene (figure Hannover being a smaller version of Berlin in many ways...e.g. Bowie in his Berlin Triology years stayed in Hannover for long periods of time together with Iggy.....or some REALLY small bars full with headliners...like Roger Chapman keep dropping in for some gigs, etc)

Anyway,  a wonderful blast from the past.....but I have to say that Jane is by far my most favorite German band and in my top 5, period....

Anybody should check out the studio version of Daytime,  the record s Together and Live at home  ...just ridiculously good.
When Jane split into oh so many different versions etc.  one of the great things that came out was Harlis with Jane's Charlie Maucher.  Also wonderfully melodic.  Klaus Hesse who was the founding member and driving force has never gained any more success after leaving Jane,  but I think that he still keeps the flame alive as the only one after Peter's death.

And yes,  brain was at the forefront and they issued tons of "boxes"  etc.....they are awesome overall, and quite expensive  if you can find them...yes,  Krautrock was very special,  but let's be honest,  there was also a boatload of shit out there..........

I would also encourage everybody to find Grobschnitt's Solar Music  live on youtube......

Lastly,  and sadly, Charlie died a couple of years ago after relocating to Canada........Jane rocked !!!!

Jack the cat

• At the gates of delirium
« Reply #67 on: 4 Oct 2021, 01:39 pm »

I would also encourage everybody to find Grobschnitt's Solar Music  live on youtube......

........Jane rocked !!!!

:thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #68 on: 5 Oct 2021, 12:56 am »
Thanks for your first hand report Klaus.
Per chance do you would know why Ralf Hütter never allowed the release of Ralf & Florian(1973) album in CD/Sacd?

klaus@odyssey

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.odysseyaudio.com
« Reply #69 on: 5 Oct 2021, 03:07 am »
No idea.......never been a big fan of Synth music,  even though I have to admit that TD has had really great moments, and, of course so does Autobahn

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #70 on: 18 Oct 2021, 03:27 am »
Just found it, extended version of the classic album Phaedra 57 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2kHODGCq5k

djray

« Reply #71 on: 25 Oct 2021, 03:53 am »
Krautrock!!!  Started listening in the very early 70s and continue today.  Some groups not mentioned are Faust, Cluster, Harmonia, Amon Duul (brief mention), Edgar Froese solo work (Edgar was with Tangerine Dream) and Grobschnitt.  Prices for original records of these groups are through the stratosphere (also the name of a Tangerine Dream album).

Many people are not familiar with the first two Kraftwerk albums.  These albums have road cones on the covers, one album has orange cones and the other album has green cones.  This is electronic music that will stun you! 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #72 on: 25 Oct 2021, 04:26 am »
Monique Froese rare interview.
RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxuRSop4ea0

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #74 on: 31 Oct 2021, 03:45 am »
TD was doing film soundtrack so early as 1971:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3-83fTszRc

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #75 on: 5 Nov 2021, 11:26 pm »
Best Phaedra remix I have heard so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZtTTlKO8o

Jack the cat

« Reply #76 on: 6 Nov 2021, 12:05 am »
Missed all other vinyl releases of Zeit, have the latest RE on order......

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #77 on: 6 Nov 2021, 12:28 am »
Still there is the pictured vinyl Reims Cathedral 1974.

Jack the cat

« Reply #78 on: 6 Nov 2021, 12:49 am »
Not crazy about pic discs. Have you heard it?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #79 on: 6 Nov 2021, 01:40 am »
Not the vinyl, just the CD, sound OK for the time.
Seems the vinyl master is digital as usual currently.