Anyone hear the SP Technology Room and what were your thoughts!!!

seadogs1

:evil: What happened to the SP Technologies circle? It's not listed anymore. Did Bob give up on us? Has it been moved? What's up?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Look under "Manufacturers Hall". They seem to have them listed under Child Boards?

seadogs1

:D Thanks Bill!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Guys,

Yeah... I woke up this morning and we were "gone." :scratch:  Thought I did something bad.  :o  PM'd JohnR and he sent me the new link.  Didn't quite figure out what was going on until just now though.  Was headed out to church earlier so I didn't have time to figure it out.  Now that I'm home and had a chance to scope things out - I get it... the "Child Board" is where all the "non-sponsors" go.  I didn't know how things were going to change or exactly when, or I would have sent the check by now.  Sort of "out of the blue,"  but then I may have missed something a while back.  Been so busy that I haven't been able to stay on top of things as I'd like.  We'll get 'er "fixed" ASAP though.

-Bob

WOR Radio

• Main Website
I pop my head in here and all hell breaks loose, wouldn't you know it.

Just kidding of course. (I think)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
I get it... the "Child Board" is where all the "non-sponsors" go.  I didn't know how things were going to change or exactly when, or I would have sent the check by now.  Sort of "out of the blue,"  but then I may have missed something a while back. 

Don't feel bad Bob. I am in the same boat. Been caught up with a few other things and sending the "check" (as well as a few other things) slipped by me as well.  :duh:

RodMCV

Does look like good company on the Child Board doesn't it?

Double Ugly

Sooner than later, the circle will probably be back where it belongs, fellas.

Bob was too busy getting ready for Denver to take care of it the first half of the month, and since he's only been back a few days, recent goings on sort of sneaked up on him.

Let's just give it a few days.

Double Ugly

Ahhhh... the circle back where it belongs.  :thumb:

Now then, back to the OP's reason for beginning the thread, the sound of Bob's speakers in Denver.

Anyone have more to add, something that hasn't already been said and confirmed by others?

If not, I'm sure Bob won't mind gushing rephrases of what's already been said.  :wink:

mcullinan

I think they sounded good and I was over in NY at the time.. They do play loud!
Mike :)

Double Ugly

BTW, if you had SP Tech as one of your favorites, you may have lost it when it was moved to the manufacturer's mall.

If so, click on the "Configure" button and re-check SP Tech to have the circle appear in your "Favorites" tab.

And yes, Mike, they do play loudly.  :wink:
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2007, 08:17 pm by Double Ugly »

mcullinan

Ears... still... ring.. ing...
Hey remember that guy from High Anxiety who got trapped in the car with the blasting radio.. he he that was funny.
Mike

Double Ugly

Nope, sorry... never watched it.

Seriously, though, I don't believe I've ever listened to something so loud for so long, at least not without being beset with some sort of irritation.  I kept waiting for listening fatigue, a headache or something to set in that would make me want to leave the room, but nothing, nada, zip, zilch.  :o

Kinda cool, really.  Not that I have any desire to damage my ears, but the absence of distortion and other fatigue-causing elements was surprising, even to me.

mcullinan

Double,
I was eyeing up those Spectron amps... but that would be an unheard buy and I have my very loved Nuforce 9SEv2s.. Have you heard both... I know youve heard the Spectron and might buy (bought?) one. any impressions between the two would be great.
Mike
Sry Im cross posting

Double Ugly

Double,
I was eyeing up those Spectron amps... but that would be an unheard buy and I have my very loved Nuforce 9SEv2s.. Have you heard both... I know youve heard the Spectron and might buy (bought?) one. any impressions between the two would be great.
Mike
Sry Im cross posting

No, I haven't heard the NuForce amps, but Bob said they sounded amazing with the Continuums.  Bear in mind that the crossovers in the Revelations at Steve's came out of the Continuums (Bob spent most of a day changing them out), so I think it's safe to say you're fine with what you have.

You may want to PM Karsten about his V2s, though.  If he feels free to share what he knows (he's a NuForce dealer), what you learn may prove worth a few minutes of your time.

topround

Mikey,
Continuums?   Oh boy you are in for a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very easy to convert to revelations when the mood strikes.

good for you
enjoy

mike