Anyone hear the SP Technology Room and what were your thoughts!!!

RodMCV

Back to the Experience.

(Sorry for that quiet interlude, meetings and patients call.)

My judgement of sound reproduction is based on my life of real sound involvement.
Music gets me in the gut , carries me away and gently brings me back; depending on the cut.
I listen for the immediacy of pulse and breath of the musician and instrument, and the relation of sound to the performance room and my reality.
This is where the goose bumps come in that I'm looking for.
Some rooms had it, sure. Some cost a lot to get IT, some gave me less or more.

At Steve's that fateful Saturday Night I heard something I had never heard with reproduced sound.

The Robert Smith SP TECH Revelation III  gave me a sensation and feeling with all the various test tracks that I had never had.
This is a True Living Voice, True Living Music, True Living Sound.

I had goose bumps from my toes to my short hairs to my long hairs.

I never heard this on my test cut anywhere@RMAF any day and I repeated Sunday for better setup adjustment time.

More to follow.
Rod

Karsten

I heard that some of my demo material was used and received well. I am glad I had something for Steve to show! 

Cheers,

Bill R

I would be happy to use some of your demo material for the show here next month  :D

Regards,
Karsten

Double Ugly

Still waiting for more, Rod.  :wink:

RodMCV

OK Jim here goes,

Pinch me I'm dreaming was a thought going through my mind all night long listening to Steve's newly up-graded Revelation MK III.
Thanks go out to Steve and Bob for the fantastic evening.
New friends to boot too!

Sound

Where to begin?

Cohesive tonal quality top to bottom, instantaneous dynamics, open effortless flow of timing,
Bass performance I've never heard till now, firm plucks of the string, no flap or splatter regardless of ppp or FFF
or organ pipe or synthesizer lowest note.
Heard from the other room I was saying, how did the piano get in here?

Well Jim what do you think ?
You have had the pleasure of SP TECH for 4 years,
How do the up grades sound to you?
What about those Rockies?
uh Revelations I mean?

Kind Regards to a new buddy-o

Rod

Double Ugly

What do I think?  Hmmm....

To be honest, my first thought is, "Thank You!"  It's absolutely wonderful in a reaffirming sort of way to have you and others express sentiments so similar to what I've been saying for years; the Revelations deserve mention with the best in the world IMHO, and they are definitely the best I've ever heard.

The crossover upgrade takes the Revelations (and, I'm sure, the other models) to an unprecedented level of performance.  Minor issues with the upper midrange and highs are no longer, and what remains is a crystal clear window into the recording.  Driver integration and the brilliant crossover is absolutely seamless (as always), and the resulting presentation is far and away the closest I've come to a live performance in my home (or Steve's, as the case may be  :wink: ).

No honk, no sizzle, no nothing.  Best I can tell, they have no sound of their own, none whatsoever.  I believe Bob's proprietary T-line may be the best executed design of its type extant, and the Rev's ability to accurately reproduce the subtle nuances and idiosyncrasies of percussive instruments is uncanny.... almost to the point of being unnerving! 

To have so much detail presented, and to have it offered in such a musical way... in some ways, it may actually be better than live. :o  I've never heard so much detail at a live event; there's too much other stuff going on, too much room interaction, too much of the fat guy in the seat in front of you talking (:evil:).

They.... just.... make.... music.  Wonderful, enrapturing, tuneful, dynamic, soulful, jaw-droppingly accurate music.

What do I think?!?

Eh... I thought they were OK.  :wink:  :lol:

It was a real pleasure meeting you, Rod, and Olga as well.  I hope we can get together again some time, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.  :thumb:

Best regards,

-Jim

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Nice posts Rod.... 8)

As they say....."The more you hear.....the more you know". 8)

Karsten

Rod,

Thanks for posting your impressions. I actually gave up trying to explain my impressions about the Revelations some time ago. All I can say is that I'm far beyond what I believed possible in audio reproduction. I guess you have to actually hear it to believe it. HiFi terms don't really apply anymore, it is just so unbelievably organic...

Regards,
Karsten

Double Ugly

I actually gave up trying to explain my impressions about the Revelations some time ago.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to wrap my arms around.

Thing is, what we heard Saturday was what got you started down the crossover experimentation path, but according to Bob (and your earlier posts), going with the upper echelon Mundorf caps, etc. took you to a whole 'nother level of performance.

On one hand I'm having trouble understanding how that's possible, but on the other I don't doubt you; like you said, I'll have to hear it to believe it.  I wouldn't have believed the presentation could be so much better than 2004 until I heard it at Steve's.

You've got to be in audio heaven!  :D

RodMCV

Thanks for the bit-o-feedback on my posts Guys.

I am new to this format and am naturally hesitant.

I'm afraid I will come off sounding too bombastic about these speakers so I tried to restrain myself.

But what adverbs and additives to use when the purity of the musician's soulful intent comes
through like that?

At a loss for words, speechless, drooling gaping mouth, bug eyes, emotional response, tears well up, flushing.

You get the picture,

it must be experienced first hand,

No Other Way To Know!

Steve, chime in as these are your speakers taken "Where No _Man Has Gone Before".  Make that "_Sound!!"

Can't wait to see you all at Ted's grand opening if possible.

Karsten

Rod,

The scary part is that I know that Steve's speakers aren't even optimized.... I have been through all this, imagine trying to explain a couple of levels above what you heard  :scratch:

Karsten

topround

Karsten,
That is what was going thru my mind. I knew there were a couple of levels above what I heard and it must be amazing.
I heard 3d imaging, rock solid dynamics, and perfect tone, with the speed of light. The musicians and their instruments were just in the room with us.
How much better can it get ?

"Better than live" :thumb: :green: :thumb: :green: :drool: :drool:

Karsten

I heard 3d imaging, rock solid dynamics, and perfect tone, with the speed of light. The musicians and their instruments were just in the room with us.
How much better can it get ?

"Better than live" :thumb: :green: :thumb: :green: :drool: :drool:

That is pretty much where I was 10 months ago.... Hmm.... As said before, I'm pretty much in unknown territory here, I don't really have proper words to explain.

Karsten

Double Ugly

It's amazing, isn't it?  All these over-the-top descriptions, superlative atop superlative, and yet so few know whereof we speak.

How can something so good be kept secret so well, especially when no attempt has been made to keep them secret?!?  :scratch:
Regardless, sooner than later, my room is gonna rock like few others.  :D   :rock: :dance: :banana piano:

2gumby2

I had the good fortune to attend Steve's party and hear the Revelations. They are probably the best speakers I have ever heard, far exceeding my expectations. If I had more expendable income, I would have put my order in that night. Most highly recommeded!

I didn't think the MBLs sounded very good at RMAF and I heard them last year too. I guess that is why there are so many different speaker companies, to cater to the different tastes in speaker design. The best speakers that I heard at RMAF were the Thiel CS3.7, Vienna Acoustics Mahler, and Salk Sound HT3.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Karsten,
You are freaking me out!!  :o :o :o  I can't believe my Revelation Mark III ultimates (w/ external xovers) will sound better than Steve's demo night, and to think I'll also have an Ultimate Continuum center and even upgraded (intermediate, with outboard xover) Continuum surrounds!    :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Wow.   

DU, I can't wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :drool: :drool: :drool:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I'll remark about other speakers in another forum, not SP Tech's.  The Sasons still have a unique signature that makes them my stereo pair for my family room (2nd) system I'm building.  Plus, I've not heard the Revelations in my treated room, with my placement, with my equipment.  THAT will be the fair compare (on the Critic's Circle or Audio Central).  Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2007, 03:30 pm by ted_b »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Thanks for the bit-o-feedback on my posts Guys.

I am new to this format and am naturally hesitant.

I'm afraid I will come off sounding too bombastic about these speakers so I tried to restrain myself.

But what adverbs and additives to use when the purity of the musician's soulful intent comes
through like that?

At a loss for words, speechless, drooling gaping mouth, bug eyes, emotional response, tears well up, flushing.

You get the picture,

it must be experienced first hand,

No Other Way To Know!

Steve, chime in as these are your speakers taken "Where No _Man Has Gone Before".  Make that "_Sound!!"

Can't wait to see you all at Ted's grand opening if possible.

Rod....

You see whats good about your post is that your new to hearing the SP Tech's....I've posted about them.....as well as DU, Karsten, reefrus, freejazz. Thats "old blood"......we're like regulars (been around awhile)....you bring a new opinion to the forum..."new blood". Thats why its important for others to hear them....and express their own opinions..... 8)

Chris

Karsten

Karsten,
You are freaking me out!!  :o :o :o  I can't believe my Revelation Mark III ultimates (w/ external xovers) will sound better than Steve's demo night, and to think I'll also have an Ultimate Continuum center and even upgraded (intermediate, with outboard xover) Continuum surrounds!    :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Wow.   

DU, I can't wait either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :drool: :drool: :drool:

Well, it definitely looks like your room will support the speakers :) Make sure to have food and beverage within reach, it will probably be difficult to leave the sweet spot for some time :)

Expect working a bit with the front end equipment, you will hear stuff you never heard before.....

Karsten

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Jim, Ted, Rod, Olga, Mike, Pete, Mark & Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time and coming to Steve's to hear the Revs.  Also, thanks ever so much for your comments.  Maybe with your help, the world will come to know just what we've been able to accomplish with them.  Obviously, that's good for us, but it's also good for everyone that truly loves music.  Even if I hadn't designed and built them, I'd want to see someone producing a product of that caliber. 

IMHO, the world deserves to hear the art form for what it is capable of delivering.  There's not enough happiness and joy in this world.  If something as simple as a great speaker system gives folks a little respite and retreat from the struggles of daily life, then I figure that what we're doing is important beyond just earning a living at doing what we like.  There are a lot of other things I could do, but I doubt that any of them would bring as much joy to the world.  Thank you for helping me and giving me the motivation to "keep on keeping on." 

There's a few of you that heard me "ramble on" and whine at Steve's (as a result of a little too much wine :oops:), and know the personal struggle it's been for me and my son Jason.  We thank you for putting up with us in that, but at least you guys know for sure it has been more of a labor of love than anything for us.  With your help and support, it looks like we might just be able to keep moving forward.  The word is finally getting out there and to a large degree, we have you all to thank - along with a few others.

So...thanks my friends.  It was a pleasure I will remember for the rest of my days. :thumb:

God bless,
-Bob
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2007, 12:26 am by SP Pres »

WOR Radio

• Main Website
Karsten, ck your private messages please.

Thanks,

BR