GR Research Sub Boxes For Sale

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: GR Research Sub Boxes For Sale
« Reply #40 on: 6 Nov 2012, 03:15 pm »
Flat pack is fine with me - I have all the tools - used to make cabinets for customers ( I made Danny's original Alpha LS monster cabinets veneered in Padauk).  But, if price for assembled is close, that's okay too.  Whatever is best for you.  I do like the MDF and no void ply construction - don't care about looks, as I will veneer them.

bdp24

« Reply #41 on: 6 Nov 2012, 03:33 pm »
Jon---I was speaking of H-Frames for Open Baffle use when I said double layer baffle (a solid piece running from top to bottom in the middle of the frame), side walls, and top & bottoms. A 3/4" inner layer of MDF and 3/4" outer layer of Baltic Birch, with a shelf between the two drivers, which could be 3/4 or doubled also. Flat pack or assembled, unfinished or otherwise.

jparkhur

« Reply #42 on: 6 Nov 2012, 03:34 pm »
Flat pack is fine with me - I have all the tools - used to make cabinets for customers ( I made Danny's original Alpha LS monster cabinets veneered in Padauk).  But, if price for assembled is close, that's okay too.  Whatever is best for you.  I do like the MDF and no void ply construction - don't care about looks, as I will veneer them.

I am rounding edges???? Veneer those??? 

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #43 on: 7 Nov 2012, 10:17 pm »
Wife and I thought about adding 2 servo subs to compliment the Super V's. I think though, I would want them to be an open baffle configuration?  :scratch:

Perhaps Danny has some thought's on a "swarm".

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #44 on: 7 Nov 2012, 10:58 pm »
Wife and I thought about adding 2 servo subs to compliment the Super V's. I think though, I would want them to be an open baffle configuration?  :scratch:

Perhaps Danny has some thought's on a "swarm".

I think Danny prefers sealed to open baffle to complement the Vs.

See the bottom of this thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=111164.0

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #45 on: 8 Nov 2012, 04:21 pm »
[quoteI am rounding edges???? Veneer those???][/quote]
If you are you asking if I prefer roundover, then yes, I almost always round over the front vertical edges of cabinets that I plan to veneer.  Even if I spray painted these, I would still like the roundovers.  If you prefer not rounding over, that's fine - I can run them over my big router table and do the rounding over myself.

jparkhur

« Reply #46 on: 12 Nov 2012, 02:18 pm »
Almost done.. Snow here..  a little behind...

Jon P

jparkhur

« Reply #47 on: 14 Nov 2012, 03:29 pm »
Boxes done... Will take pictures today/tomorrow and post for sale...  Merry Thanksgiving, Happy Xmas.....

jparkhur

« Reply #48 on: 20 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm »
Ok. Boxes are done. Turned out same as last  time- link to pictures here. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95382.msg953197#msg953197

All outside parts 3/4 inch Baltic birch, front and back walls 1.5 inches thick. All internal parts 3/4 MDF will all ribs rounded over. Dadoed all internal ribs into sides.   I will cut amp hole when purchased as some do not want amps internally.   H frames should be done later this week.

6-boxes, 3/4 inch round over on all edges

6-boxes, 45 degree knock down edge on all sides

4-H frame.  Almost done

Prices: 225, add 25 to finish in stain or paint, your responsible for shipping from 54601.  I pack with 2 inches of foam board so the box will be ~ 20-20-20 and 37lbs.  Built to Danny's design, 1.5 cubic ft.

Payment PP add 3 percent or send check. Will ship FedEx when payment clears. Please email directly. Jon.parkhurst@mac.com.  I don't do grills-don't like them- don't ask:). First shipments go out Monday.

jdoris

« Reply #49 on: 25 Nov 2012, 01:35 pm »
Hi Jon.

From the last thread, not entirely sure how the project would be completed. 

1. Are these meant to be single driver subs?

2.  If using two subs, would the idea be to run them in parallel off 1 amp?

Thx,

John

jparkhur

« Reply #50 on: 25 Nov 2012, 04:33 pm »
The single boxes are for the GR Driver 4 ohm, and amp.  The H boxes are for the OB GR Drivers 16 ohm in parallel (2 of them) with amp.  You could do two sealed drivers if you can get the 8 Ohm ones parallelled.  So, buy a driver and amp from Danny, have a great sub for the holidays.  You can not do two 4 ohm, the load would be too low

SoCalWJS

« Reply #51 on: 25 Nov 2012, 04:45 pm »
This thread has got me to thinking...

OOC, has anybody ever run the H-box subs with the LS-6'es? (or 9's for that matter)

hmmmmmmmmmm..............

All sorts of things to contemplate.  :green:

cab

« Reply #52 on: 25 Nov 2012, 05:28 pm »
Can you post pictures of the h frames please when complete? Thanks.

jparkhur

« Reply #53 on: 26 Nov 2012, 08:29 pm »
I will post as soon as done. 

Special Cyber Monday.... Free stain or paint until December 1st.

Jon P

Cheeseboy

« Reply #54 on: 26 Nov 2012, 08:37 pm »
The single boxes are for the GR Driver 4 ohm, and amp.  The H boxes are for the OB GR Drivers 16 ohm in parallel (2 of them) with amp.  You could do two sealed drivers if you can get the 8 Ohm ones parallelled.  So, buy a driver and amp from Danny, have a great sub for the holidays.  You can not do two 4 ohm, the load would be too low

Two Boxes, Two Drivers and One Amp?  Is there a down side to doing it like this?

jparkhur

« Reply #55 on: 26 Nov 2012, 08:41 pm »
Saves money, summed low end signal instead of stereo, there are few 8ohm drivers left at Danny's.. you need to call him... I was actually thinking of doing 4 boxes, two amps and link them with a neutrik connector.   

Downside...   No stereo subs.....

Anyone else, feel free to add...

Jon P

SoCalWJS

« Reply #56 on: 26 Nov 2012, 09:10 pm »
This thread has got me to thinking...

OOC, has anybody ever run the H-box subs with the LS-6'es? (or 9's for that matter)

hmmmmmmmmmm..............

All sorts of things to contemplate.  :green:
So, I'm guessing no :peek:

Seems like the OB 2 drivers/channel matched up with LS-6'es crossed over fairly low might be interesting   :thumb:

jparkhur

Boxes..... Subs..... GR
« Reply #57 on: 28 Nov 2012, 03:21 pm »
Pictures of Edges...

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #58 on: 28 Nov 2012, 03:24 pm »
They look excellent Jon, I wish postage wasn't so expensive to Australia or I would have 2 of them :)

jparkhur

« Reply #59 on: 28 Nov 2012, 03:40 pm »
Steven... Group buy...  I could work with Danny and you could get lots of friends for one big pallet..  When I win the Powerball tonight, i'll send you one for free... Just remind me...

Jon.

H Frames... still coming... Im busy with my real job... 3 kids...