Ben's SoundScape 8's in South American Tineo

Nuance

Re: Ben's SoundScape 8's in South American Tineo
« Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 2012, 03:36 am »
Optimally you need at least 3!  4 is better.   Don't blame me, blame Toole, Geddes, et al.
LOL - love it! :)

Thanks for the extra pics and brief listening impressions, Ben.

chargedmr2

« Reply #21 on: 19 Dec 2012, 04:34 am »
Very nice!  Next we will need pictures of the completed installation.  Enjoy!

gregcss

« Reply #22 on: 19 Dec 2012, 03:06 pm »
I'd be interested in more pics of the sub. I am thinking Salk/Rythmik 15 inch for my HT but it might be too big. The alternative is the Rythmik F15HP.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 19 Dec 2012, 04:12 pm »
Optimally you need at least 3!  4 is better.   Don't blame me, blame Toole, Geddes, et al.
+1

ckunstadt

« Reply #24 on: 19 Dec 2012, 06:37 pm »
I'd be interested in more pics of the sub. I am thinking Salk/Rythmik 15 inch for my HT but it might be too big. The alternative is the Rythmik F15HP.

Imagine a mini-fridge filled with concrete. I got mine yesterday. It's daunting. But I think worth the challenge of placement.

Those wall-mounted WOWs are nothing like I imagined. I like that format! unfortunately, mine would have to go over a door.

benguin

« Reply #25 on: 19 Dec 2012, 06:48 pm »
I'll see if I can get a few good sub pics this evening.  The definition below is pretty accurate- it is SOLID.  Anything specific you'd like in the photo?  Plate amp and underneath to show off the down firing driver?

Imagine a mini-fridge filled with concrete. I got mine yesterday. It's daunting. But I think worth the challenge of placement.

Those wall-mounted WOWs are nothing like I imagined. I like that format! unfortunately, mine would have to go over a door.

ckunstadt and gregcss- this is one of the huge advantages of Salk- you can let Jim know your parameters and he can work out the sizing, whether it's for the sub or the WOW1 or likely anything else.   For mine, I was severely limited on depth, but had plenty of height available and wanted to wall mount them.  And voila!  Jim managed to come up with exactly what I needed, with a nice French cleat for easy and secure wall mounting.  I think a horizontal format for over the door is very feasible. (in fact, I had mine on their side while listening to them last night)

gregcss

« Reply #26 on: 19 Dec 2012, 07:29 pm »
Anything specific you'd like in the photo?  Plate amp and underneath to show off the down firing driver?

Really something to show just how large the cabinet is. Maybe place next to an everyday item for frame of reference.

Thanks!  :thumb:

ckunstadt

« Reply #27 on: 19 Dec 2012, 09:28 pm »

gregcss

« Reply #28 on: 19 Dec 2012, 10:44 pm »
That doesn't look big, but maybe the pic is deceiving. Thanks.

ckunstadt

« Reply #29 on: 20 Dec 2012, 12:33 am »
bad pic. sorry. didn't have time to fix.
It's nearly as tall as my couch. I fear 'people' will want to put their tea cups on it. I'm going to have to put something on top to protect it.
I'll measure it if you want.

sorry thread.

JoshK

« Reply #30 on: 20 Dec 2012, 12:45 am »
Assuming those a 12" x 12" tiles...that is plenty big. 

Gzerro

« Reply #31 on: 20 Dec 2012, 02:10 am »
bad pic. sorry. didn't have time to fix.
It's nearly as tall as my couch. I fear 'people' will want to put their tea cups on it. I'm going to have to put something on top to protect it.
I'll measure it if you want.

sorry thread.

I had a local glass shop make custom glass tops for my subs, and use some herbies "small fat dots" between the top of the sub and the glass. Very inexpensive, protects the subs and looks very nice. I use them for lamp stands and put other relatively heavy knickknacks on them. The Subs are so solidly built that stuff on top doesn't vibrate hardly at all.

Most guests think my subs are just cabinets. They blend right in with the other furniture once you put lamps and stuff on them. Nobody seems to notice there are no doors or drawers.

benguin

« Reply #32 on: 20 Dec 2012, 04:18 am »
Now this should give an idea of the size of the Salk Rythmik 15"...

28"H x 24" D x 19"W

Here's a view with less of the floor's perspective with a yardstick:

They are beauties!
  -Ben

Nuance

« Reply #33 on: 20 Dec 2012, 04:48 am »
^ Pure awesomeness!

ckunstadt

« Reply #34 on: 20 Dec 2012, 03:46 pm »
freaking beautiful.

I got 19.5 inches wide x 24 x 28h.

A glass top would be good. I think I'll price that. thanks Gzerro.

JerryLove

« Reply #35 on: 20 Dec 2012, 11:14 pm »
I'd love to see some two-wood inlay on that sub. Hrm. I need to work on some designs and save my pennies.