ACI Seven Channel Essence V system review ...

Craig Chase

« on: 15 Jun 2005, 09:27 pm »
We have just ordered a pair of Essence V's, matching Essence Center channel, a pair of Emerald On-Walls, and a pair of Emeralds for a complete seven channel ACI package.

For starters, we will be using a pair of SVS PB12-Ultras for subwoofer duty.

The speakers should be here in about three weeks.

drunkonjack

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:07 am »
do you think 2 Ultra subs will be enough ?  :D

And will you stack these or place them in different corners of the room ?

Craig Chase

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:14 am »
Quote from: drunkonjack
do you think 2 Ultra subs will be enough ?  :D

And will you stack these or place them in different corners of the room ?

I am hopeful that my TrueRTA and my wife can find a spot(s) that keeps them BOTH happy.

I think it will be enough, yes.  :lol:

drunkonjack

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:19 am »
Well , I'll be looking forward to your review on this new system . your reviews are always very informative and fun to read .

I rarley have to break them into 3 parts  :D

Craig Chase

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:26 am »
Well , I'll be looking forward to your review on this new system . your reviews are always very informative and fun to read .

I rarley have to break them into 3 parts  :D

One part Maker's Mark, One Part Coke, and one part ice ?

By the way, My wife is REALLY happy with the pictures I showed her of the clear oak finish.

Mike Dzurko - I am counting on your cabinet experts to make a hero out of me ! ...  :notworthy:

drunkonjack

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:33 am »
Sounds like you have the perfect recipe  :D  :tempted:

Craig Chase

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:56 am »
Sounds like you have the perfect recipe  :D  :tempted:

Making a drink is one of life's true pleasures. Especially after one turns 40.  :lol:

drunkonjack

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2005, 12:02 pm »
Craig , You just reminded me......................I'm 40 :beer:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2005, 12:31 pm »
Quote from: Craig Chase

By the way, My wife is REALLY happy with the pictures I showed her of the clear oak finish.

Mike Dzurko - I am counting on your cabinet experts to make a hero out of me ! ...  :notworthy:

Craig:

You can count on it!

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:31 pm »
Craig

Really looking forward to your review of the Essence front. Big fan here of the silk top.

4 TVs on the Bottom! Jeeez!

E

Craig Chase

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2005, 01:57 am »
As the Essence will be compared to some pretty good stuff - ie...  Paradigm Studio 100 V.3's, Energy Veritas 2.4 i's ... they have a lot of work to do here !

jkscherk

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2005, 02:45 pm »
Craig et. al.

The system you've assembled is pretty close to what I've been using for the past year.  I've got Essence Vs and an Essence up front, Emerald On-walls on the side, two Force subs, and another brand of in-walls for the rears.  Driving it all is a Parsound Halo C2 pre/pro and Sherbourn 7/2100A amp.

I most recently went through the effort (with the great assistance and support of Mike D.) of trying a set of Panoramas in place of the Essence V, while keeping everything else the same.  I was on the fence in my selection initially and chose the Vs due to some placement considerations, but always wondered how the Panoramas would perform as well.  I do not want to steal any of Craig's thunder, so I'll reserve posting my findings and impressions until he's completed his posting.  Suffice it to say that Mike makes a quality product in all of his models and you really can't go wrong with either choice (Panorama v. Essence V.)  It all comes down to your intended use and complete system configuration.

Craig---can't wait to read your thoughts.

John

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2005, 04:35 pm »
jkscherk

Love to hear your thoughts on the Pano Essence front. I don't think any one would mind if you share right away. Certainly not Craig. No thunder stolen here - just good exchange.

E

Craig Chase

« Reply #13 on: 23 Jun 2005, 12:22 am »
John - Post away, and worry not about any thunder here. The more voices about the various products, the better. I would LOVE to read and learn what you think about both systems ! ...  :)

Craig Chase

« Reply #14 on: 23 Jun 2005, 12:23 am »
Quote from: thedeskE
jkscherk

Love to hear your thoughts on the Pano Essence front. I don't think any one would mind if you share right away. Certainly not Craig. No thunder stolen here - just good exchange.

E

Said perfectly !

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2005, 10:44 pm »
Craig:

Just waiting on one more set of wood . . . looks like we'll be shipping early to mid next week :)

John:  

Feel free to share your experiences of the Essence and Panorama . . . we all learn together.

All:

Have a great Friday night!

Craig Chase

« Reply #16 on: 25 Jun 2005, 01:29 am »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Craig:

Just waiting on one more set of wood . . . looks like we'll be shipping early to mid next week :)

John:  

Feel free to share your experiences of the Essence and Panorama . . . we all learn together.

All:

Cool ! I wonder what we need to do to make sure they arrive Friday, The first ...  :beer:

drunkonjack

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jun 2005, 02:49 am »
Quote from: Craig Chase
Craig:

John:  

All:

Cool ! I wonder what we need to do to make sure they arrive Friday, The first ...  :beer:

$$$$$ gets everything done  :lol:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #18 on: 1 Jul 2005, 06:47 pm »
Craig:

They're all testing, boxed and just waiting for our regular afternoon UPS pickup . . . you'll just have to watch the real fireworks on the 4th and then you can re-create them in your theater a few days later when these arrive :)

Craig Chase

« Reply #19 on: 1 Jul 2005, 08:38 pm »
Craig:

They're all testing, boxed and just waiting for our regular afternoon UPS pickup . . . you'll just have to watch the real fireworks on the 4th and then you can re-create them in your theater a few days later when these arrive :)

We just got the tracking numbers. Hopefully, by next weekend, we will be ROLLING !  :D