Another Cornet 2 Begins

JakeJ

Another Cornet 2 Begins
« on: 15 Sep 2009, 09:04 pm »
Hello to my fellow HagTech fans,

Been some time since I did my Piccolo here.  I bought a half kit today and look forward to planning and executing its construction.  I'll try to do a better job of documenting this project.  :oops:

I be asking a some questions as my plan is to really build a nice one with some creativity in the case work.

It will likely be more than a week before I check back in.

JakeJ

Finally something to try those Russian Teflon caps in!

tubesforever

Re: Another Cornet 2 Begins
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2009, 07:14 am »
Great to hear from you Jake.  After almost a year of listening to these Teflons all I can say is they are never coming out.  Percussion and Piano are really tough instruments for electronics to reproduce because the enormous current necessary at the transient edge.  Most electronics collapse under the requirement.  Leaving the sound dull and smeared.

With the Teflons the sound is clean, clear and detailed.  It does not sound cold or analytical.  It sounds meaty --robust!

Hope to see you post often on the progress.  Cheers!

JimK

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2009, 12:49 pm »
Good luck, and nice looking Piccolo! I haven't read the entire thread on it, but if mine can turn out like yours I'll be one happy dude!

Jim

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2009, 02:36 pm »
Hi Jim

Thanks, I'll be using some of the Russian Teflon caps I got from you in this project.  :thumb:  I did some searching in this circle to see what you ended up with for cap and resistor choices.  So the question remains unanswered, exactly what did you end up using for resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, etc. in your Coronet?  :scratch:

I went back to the Hagtech website and bought the Bugle PS kit because I want to build my Piccolo into the phonostage such that I flip a switch for MM/MC and just send the output of the Piccolo to the input on the Coronet.  I'm searching for enclosures at present. 

I'm hopeful it comes out as nice as my Piccolo when finished, we'll see.  :?

BR,
JakeJ

JimK

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2009, 03:01 pm »
Wrong Jim!

But that very same "Jim" is (will be) helping me with my Piccolo....

Jim (another Jim)

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2009, 03:42 pm »
Sorry, Jim, my bad.  I got "Jim"s mixed up.  Apologies to all Jims involved.