Lifeforce

DSK

Re: Lifeforce
« Reply #80 on: 17 Jul 2006, 02:09 pm »
What do U mean "punches well above its weight, delivering just under 200W into 4R"??     As I understand it, the "ordinary" AKSA 100 delivers 109w into 8 ohms and 218w into 4 ohms?

Hi Andy .... when you hear the LF, you will know! The LF55 sounds far more powerful than the 55N+ and showed no signs of strain or distortion (in my system) on peaks that cause audible distortion on my 100N+ and other 100wpc+ amps. I can't wait to hear the LF100!  :o

andyr

« Reply #81 on: 17 Jul 2006, 09:12 pm »

Hi Andy .... when you hear the LF, you will know! The LF55 sounds far more powerful than the 55N+ and showed no signs of strain or distortion (in my system) on peaks that cause audible distortion on my 100N+ and other 100wpc+ amps. I can't wait to hear the LF100!  :o
Good show, Darren,

I look forward to doing just that!!   :D

Regards,

Andy

Felipe

« Reply #82 on: 17 Jul 2006, 09:23 pm »
Hugh,

How soon will you be tradin'in the 100w LF modules ? :scratch:

Felipe

AKSA

« Reply #83 on: 17 Jul 2006, 11:22 pm »
Hi Felipe,

Thanks for your post, and your obvious interest.  I'm listening to 'The Hunter' from Jennifer Warnes on my #1 100LF.  It does percussion, drums and voices incredibly well, I'm very pleased with it, and the board looks even better than the N+.

The only impediment to selling the LF100 is the pcb maker;  I'm awaiting a largish order, and they are 'dragging the chain' (a fetching image from Australia's convict days......  :deadhorse: )

Cheers,

Hugh

Joules

« Reply #84 on: 18 Jul 2006, 12:01 pm »
This all sounds GREAT ...
So ... might there be a time in the somewhat near future that I might beable to trade in my N+'s for a set of LF's  :D

AKSA

« Reply #85 on: 18 Jul 2006, 12:21 pm »
Jules,

Abseulement, Monsieur........

Chars,

Hugh

Joules

« Reply #86 on: 18 Jul 2006, 03:04 pm »
Jules,

Abseulement, Monsieur........

Chars,

Hugh
You mean me ? ...  watts x  seconds = JOULES  :green:

AKSA

« Reply #87 on: 18 Jul 2006, 11:13 pm »
Joules,

I do apologise.....  yes, I mean you!

Hugh

fred

« Reply #88 on: 20 Jul 2006, 01:17 am »
Hugh - Have you figured out how much the LF100 will cost? (I'm particularly interested in the trade-in from N+).

AKSA

« Reply #89 on: 20 Jul 2006, 03:14 am »
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your post - yes, similar to the LF55.

I'll put it up shortly, when I have a supply of the boards, but it will be priced so that with N+ trade in the price closely matches the original cost of the 100N+, that is around $AUD1150, both modules fully built and tested.

Cheers,

Hugh

SuperMart

« Reply #90 on: 20 Jul 2006, 04:26 am »
Hi Fred,

I couldn't resist chiming in here. I'm currently listening to the LF100 for a few days. I've already bought the LF55 and I can tell you that the LF100 exhibits all the wonderful characteristics of the LF55 plus the extra heft and realism that comes from 100 watts plus an intriguing extra level of mid-range presence. I know that's not a very good description and I'll report back in full when I give this one back to Hugh (sigh) after having reacquainted myself with the LF55. I must say that I'm surprised that Hugh has repeated the trick with the LF100 as I had expected something along the lines of the differences between the 55N+ and the 100N+ i.e. both good but "different". At the moment line honours goes to the LF100 but it's early days yet and both amps have given me a huge amount of pleasure.

Both amps magically produce the goods at quite low levels of gain and I find myself just setting a lowish level and letting the dynamic range take over. I'm trying to call this as well as I can. I will admit to being addicted to music and any improvement to tonal accuracy seems to remove another veil between me and the performance and that is my only goal.

Hope this helps your decision.

Cheers,

fred

« Reply #91 on: 20 Jul 2006, 12:31 pm »
Hope this helps your decision

I do appreciate the info, but to be honest this was absolutely no help to my decision!  This is simply because I'd already decided this would be a worthwhile investment, based on my several years experience with Hugh. Knowing his motivation to pleasing his customer/friends, he wouldn't be offering such an upgrade if it weren't worthwhile.  :thumb:

AKSA

« Reply #92 on: 20 Jul 2006, 11:32 pm »
Thank you Fred!!   :lol:

Biases aside, I think you are probably right!   :weights:

Cheers,

Hugh

Joules

« Reply #93 on: 27 Jul 2006, 04:33 pm »
This all sounds GREAT ...
So ... might there be a time in the somewhat near future that I might be able to trade in my N+'s for a set of LF's  :D

Hugh - How goes the LF 100? Could I scedule tradein soon for two 55 and two 100 N+'s for LF's? I'm going out of town for a week on Aug 12 and I'm trying to see if I can consume some of the shipping time during that time.

AKSA

« Reply #94 on: 28 Jul 2006, 12:07 am »
Hi Joules,

Thank you for your high calorie post!

Yes, going OK.  I have built and tested a 100LF, very pleased, it's doing the rounds as we speak.  I've found a very promising young EE undergrad in his final year, he really wants to build the modules for me, and I'm visiting him this afternoon with a load of components and boards.  I shall make an announcement on the website (and here) on Monday giving costs, pictures etc, and it will be available from mid-next week, in a trickle at first (then hopefully a torrent!).

In all this I have the new power supply to build, and a largish order for a Swift which is drawing near to completion.  In my semi-retirement I often ponder on how I ever had time to work!!

Your trade is fine, 1 for 1, long as the AKSAs are fully operational.  No power supplies traded, just the amp modules!  The only impediment is my delays getting 'em built.  However, they are being made very nicely, so I believe everyone will be pleased.  A little piece of jewellry, in fact!

Cheers,

Hugh

Joules

« Reply #95 on: 28 Jul 2006, 01:07 am »

Your trade is fine, 1 for 1, long as the AKSAs are fully operational.
Cheers,

Hugh

fully operational??? I can't imagine it getting any better then this  !!!!!