March 2005 SCARe session

Mad DOg

March session shaping up PERFECTLY!
« Reply #80 on: 8 Mar 2005, 04:55 pm »
looks like the March session is shaping up perfectly...i confirmed that the Harmonic Tech Cyberlights are showing up on Sat before the session! :cool:

the number of confirmed attendees (at this point) is perfect for a productive session. not too small and not too large...i'm really looking forward to sat. it should be a blast!

Mad DOg

Cyberlights are here!!!
« Reply #81 on: 10 Mar 2005, 10:44 pm »
8)  8)  8) the good news: i got the Harmonic Tech Cyberlights last night!!!  8)  8)  8)

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: the bad news: i wasn't able to hook them up cuz i was at work until 4:00AM!!! and had to be back at work at 8:00AM... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

if i don't pass out when i get home tonight, i'll plug them in to be sure it works... :)

John Casler

Re: Cyberlights are here!!!
« Reply #82 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:56 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg
8)  8)  8) the good news: i got the Harmonic Tech Cyberlights last night!!!  8)  8)  8)

:cry:  :cry:  :cry: the bad news: i wasn't able to hook them up cuz i was at work until 4:00AM!!! and had to be back at work at 8:00AM... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

if i don't pass out when i get home tonight, i'll plug them in to be sure it works... :)

We're gonna have some fun.

We need to figure out the "order" of how we listen to the cables since many know that there is a "slight" advantage the the last cable.

Maybe we should flip coins or something.

We should also do a quicky sound check with all of them, with some white or pink noise, and make sure they all are the same SPL, at the same volume setting.

Mad DOg

opening act dropped...
« Reply #83 on: 11 Mar 2005, 05:18 pm »
looks like we'll be dropping the opening act...SP Tech speakers will not be here on time...however, CryoTweaks may be bringing over some other goodies to experiment with instead so we'll have plenty of stuff to do still. :)

Hajime Sato

Anyone from Orange County?
« Reply #84 on: 11 Mar 2005, 08:37 pm »
MadDOg, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's meeting. Thanks again for hosting it.

BTW, I'm looking for someone to carpool with. If anyone is from Orange County and willing to carpool, please send a PM. I live in Tustin near the 5.

Hajime Sato

Thanks a bunch!
« Reply #85 on: 13 Mar 2005, 05:17 am »
Mad DOg,

Thanks for a wonderful session and your hospitality. Your system is awesome, and the interconnect shootout was fantastic. I also thank Mike, Jim and Jeff who brought their state-of-the-art cables.

Sometimes I didn't hear all the subtle differences others pointed out, probably because I don't have as much experience. But I thought all the cables did a phenomenal job, way above the level I'm used to with my system.

Sorry I had to leave early. I'm looking forward to hear what you did after I left.

Thanks again, guys!

shokunin

March 2005 SCARe session
« Reply #86 on: 13 Mar 2005, 05:37 am »
I bet Jon L and MD are burning the midnight oil, hope you guys are having fun!!!   Did ya spin any Vinyl today?

Looking forward to cable comments..