Now for something completely different ...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Now for something completely different ...
« Reply #20 on: 23 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm »
I'm Ryan ... the good looking one, not Pete  :lol:
I didn't know you changed your name from Nimbus to Ryan.

E Pahl

« Reply #21 on: 25 Feb 2014, 03:52 pm »
I've unplugged the fan in the inuke with no issues yet and i've had it running for several hours. The Amp is barely warm to the touch. Loving these so far with minimal listening hours in. With so much of the low end being handled by the subs (below 250Hz), the sundogs are insanely efficient. I can barely see the cones moving, and they are producing. Pleasantly surprised on several tracks with the soundstange.   I'm a bit overwhelmed with how much i can fine tune them. With just setting them in the room, and making minor adjustments to the  placement so far (I plan to tinker with the inuke settings soon enough) i'm loving them. My room is pretty live, and still they are very transparent.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2014, 04:13 am »
I've unplugged the fan in the inuke with no issues yet and i've had it running for several hours. The Amp is barely warm to the touch. Loving these so far with minimal listening hours in. With so much of the low end being handled by the subs (below 250Hz), the sundogs are insanely efficient. I can barely see the cones moving, and they are producing. Pleasantly surprised on several tracks with the soundstange.   I'm a bit overwhelmed with how much i can fine tune them. With just setting them in the room, and making minor adjustments to the  placement so far (I plan to tinker with the inuke settings soon enough) i'm loving them. My room is pretty live, and still they are very transparent.

Thanks for signing up and posting here Elena!  Remember I'm here to help you however I can.  Someday soon we'll definitely do the room measurements, really dial things in perfectly.

Talk about a simple system everybody, inexpensive recycled laptop into a Peachtree Nova, then the speakers ... boom, that's it!  But you know what, I'd put it against setups costing 5x as much with far more complexity. 

Afterimage

« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2014, 04:23 am »
Those are nice looking.  Would you be able to do black on top to match the bottom?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2014, 04:28 am »
Those are nice looking.  Would you be able to do black on top to match the bottom?

We could do Black on top to match, or veneer on the stands to match. 

CWL

« Reply #25 on: 7 Apr 2014, 09:44 am »
I replaced my Inuke6000DSP's stock fans with 2 ultra quiet Noctua fans and it is now dead silent.

The DSP feature in the Inukes is very well made and great interface.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #26 on: 9 Apr 2014, 05:29 am »
I replaced my Inuke6000DSP's stock fans with 2 ultra quiet Noctua fans and it is now dead silent.

The DSP feature in the Inukes is very well made and great interface.

Elena has been running her iNuke with no fan at all, and has had no issues.