BDP-2 Digital Player

ozzy

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #460 on: 6 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm »
Is there any benefit in not stacking the BPD-2 & BDA-2 ?

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #461 on: 7 Sep 2013, 12:22 am »
I have both the BDA-2 and BDP-2 on separate shelves, Ozzy, but have not noticed any heat from either device. Since there are no moving parts, I don't see a problem with stacking them. You'll see the units near bottom of the cabinet on post 4 (15 August 2013) on this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119028.msg1251826#msg1251826

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

ozzy

« Reply #462 on: 7 Sep 2013, 01:29 pm »
I guess my question on stacking the units is does stacking the BDP-2 & BDA-2 affect the sound quality?
I have been told that separating them on different shelves improves the sound quality. Yet the pictures from Bryston and the reviews of these units show them stacked.
For space requirements I would prefer to stack them. I should get my units sometime next week and could rearrange things for them to be separated.

RLL1

« Reply #463 on: 7 Sep 2013, 04:02 pm »
I guess my question on stacking the units is does stacking the BDP-2 & BDA-2 affect the sound quality?
I have been told that separating them on different shelves improves the sound quality. Yet the pictures from Bryston and the reviews of these units show them stacked.
For space requirements I would prefer to stack them. I should get my units sometime next week and could rearrange things for them to be separated.

I have had my BDA-1 and BDP-1 both stacked, and on separate shelves. I did not hear any difference in sound quality.

Rick

ozzy

« Reply #464 on: 7 Sep 2013, 04:34 pm »
Thanks, that good to know

Gerard

« Reply #465 on: 14 Sep 2013, 10:58 pm »
Recently I bought a BDP-2/BDA-2 combo. I did mount  a 0.5 TB SSD disk internally in the BDP-2.  Also I connected a 1 TB HD to the external eSTATA connector. When I use the Mpad or Max interface I see ONE internal SSD drive but TWO external HD with the same name but one with an extra 1 at the end. Why is this and can it be disabled?  Now I got of each album on the external disk two items in the album list of Mpad.  Hope there is a solution for this.
By the way, the sound of the combo is really magnificent…! ;)
Greetings, Gerard

ozzy

« Reply #466 on: 15 Sep 2013, 02:08 pm »
Anyone find that the Dac or even perhaps the Player needs breakin time?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #467 on: 16 Sep 2013, 02:11 am »
Recently I bought a BDP-2/BDA-2 combo. I did mount  a 0.5 TB SSD disk internally in the BDP-2.  Also I connected a 1 TB HD to the external eSTATA connector. When I use the Mpad or Max interface I see ONE internal SSD drive but TWO external HD with the same name but one with an extra 1 at the end. Why is this and can it be disabled?  Now I got of each album on the external disk two items in the album list of Mpad.  Hope there is a solution for this.
By the way, the sound of the combo is really magnificent…! ;)
Greetings, Gerard

Hi Gerard

Please  place your bdp into service mode and email me the service number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0nfBG5xDrA

crice@bryston.com

Cheers,
Chris

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #468 on: 16 Sep 2013, 03:21 am »
Anyone find that the Dac or even perhaps the Player needs breakin time?

Ozzy,

i'd say around two days or so should be enough. :wink:

al.

EJS73

« Reply #469 on: 16 Sep 2013, 07:14 pm »
Hello all, first post from a new BDP-2 owner. The player came with software 1.6, 2012-12-12. I have absolutely no issues with how it functions today, but the web-interface suggests a firmware update. Before I update, I'd like to get some level of comfort that updating is safe and that I'm not doing something I might regret. For what it's worth, I am an extremely conservative user: all my music is on USB sticks (AIFF 16-bit and 24-bit files) and usually worked from the front panel (most of the time my player is not connected to the router). Grateful for any insights.

Thanks,

EJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #470 on: 16 Sep 2013, 07:43 pm »
Hello all, first post from a new BDP-2 owner. The player came with software 1.6, 2012-12-12. I have absolutely no issues with how it functions today, but the web-interface suggests a firmware update. Before I update, I'd like to get some level of comfort that updating is safe and that I'm not doing something I might regret. For what it's worth, I am an extremely conservative user: all my music is on USB sticks (AIFF 16-bit and 24-bit files) and usually worked from the front panel (most of the time my player is not connected to the router). Grateful for any insights.

Thanks,

EJ

Hi EJ

You have to be on the network (router)  to do the update.

james

EJS73

« Reply #471 on: 16 Sep 2013, 07:49 pm »
Hi EJ

You have to be on the network (router)  to do the update.

james

Thanks James, I do occasionally connect to the router, that's how the unit alerted me to the update in the first place. It's just that I usually prefer running it offline. From the list with updates, I understand a number of features have been added since end of last year, but I am cautious with firmwares, hence the question.

regards,

EJ

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #472 on: 17 Sep 2013, 01:59 am »

Thanks,

EJ

Hi EJ,

The original S1.60 firmware is still available from our web site, please see our instructional videos pinned at the top of this forum on how to install it.  This would allow you to revert back to it if you don't like the changes.

Cheers
Chris

EJS73

« Reply #473 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:32 pm »
Hi EJ,

The original S1.60 firmware is still available from our web site, please see our instructional videos pinned at the top of this forum on how to install it.  This would allow you to revert back to it if you don't like the changes.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris, the update went fine.

Cheers,

EJ

Afterimage

« Reply #474 on: 19 Sep 2013, 07:17 pm »
What interconnect or connection should I use between the BDP 2 and the BDA-2?  Any recomendations?  thanks.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #475 on: 20 Sep 2013, 07:31 am »
I tried both the BNC and the AES/EBU and was happier with the AES/EBU.

Afterimage

« Reply #476 on: 20 Sep 2013, 02:58 pm »
I tried both the BNC and the AES/EBU and was happier with the AES/EBU.

I was actually looking for a recommendation for a brand of interconnect, which one sounds good between the two.  thanks.

Samurai7595

« Reply #477 on: 20 Sep 2013, 03:36 pm »
What interconnect or connection should I use between the BDP 2 and the BDA-2?  Any recomendations?  thanks.

I'm using the Bryston AES/EBU digital cable between my BDP-2 and BDA-2 and couldn't be happier!   :D

If you want to spend more, have a look here:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/2013-recommended-components-cables

ozzy

« Reply #478 on: 20 Sep 2013, 11:51 pm »
HELP! I just got done moving some of my equipment around and now my BDP-2 shows error 03 and 
2012-11-27 There is no response to pushing any buttons.
Is there something Chris can do remotely?

ozzy

« Reply #479 on: 20 Sep 2013, 11:53 pm »
Oh it actually reads RO 3.0 2012-11-27