Phono cables for WTA & Simplex

tricka

Re: Phono cables for WTA & Simplex
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jun 2012, 08:00 am »
What did you like more mate - the A23 or the AR's?

Kt77

« Reply #21 on: 24 Jun 2012, 08:18 am »
The way in hearing it is - if you're using Shindo Labs or Leben tube gear the A23 works extremely well as it wasn't designed/voiced around Shindo Lab to begin with. Whereas I'm seriously enjoying the Greenlink with both the Nait 2 as well as their standard RCA - RCA versions through two different bases tube integrated amps one an Audiomat Arpege 10 Reference ( EL34 based ) while the other is a CR Developments Kalypso ( EL84's ) as neither of these offer a phono-stage I've found that in my case using a pair of DeVore Fidelity Gibbon 3's ( Defunct ) as my favorite Mini-Monitors - that in the end the AR Sound just sounds more balanced throughout as well as having a tad bit more snap of bass notes while maintaining a textured and spacious top end, with a greater sense of resolution to my ears. With all three of my Integrateds the A23 came across as being somewhat slow sounding as well as muffled, and yes I'm referring to both the interconnects and speaker cables used together. Speaker Cable wise - I'm sold on the Crimson RM Music-Link - but am looking into a pair of NVA LS6 in the next few months or so. But in regards to phono-cable my Synergistic Research Tricon Analog isn't leaving the house - not ever. It does what I need in this application much better then four other dedicated phono-cables I had borrowed from the Cable Company to find a means to voice my system to taste - while these other cables ranged from $2.700 - $3.100 per meter, I heard enough to know what was what. But in all honesty I need to try the Greenlink's in this position as soon as the family wakes up too know what it's capable of an a phono-cable!. Either way - it's a keeper. Maybe at a later date I'll try their more upscale Luna as I've heard a great deal about it as well over on pinkfishmedia . Take care,Oscar

tricka

« Reply #22 on: 24 Jun 2012, 12:14 pm »
Yeah _ I had A23 speaker cable and thought it slow. Wow - that Synergistic Research stuff is exxi. $900 for a cable? Gosh. 1/ as much as my table.
Think I'll stick to the AR Greenlink - works well as a phono cable.

Nice to chat - have a lovely Sunday Oscar.

Cheers
Andy

Kt77

« Reply #23 on: 24 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm »
 :scratch: Hi Tricka, So it wasn't just me thinking that the A23 was sluggish. That's good to know, but taking into account that the interconnect are $795/1m isn't far off from the Synergistic Research - I'm more then content, as they give me more snap - speed - presence and comfort in knowing they work well with which amp I'm using behind them. But as several friends of mine had a chance to to hear the Greenlinks in their system - they both loved them enough to purchase their own through eBay. For the money I'm glad a fellow member on both the Naim and Pink Fish Forum was kind enough to send them to me from Italy and was kind enough to say " Keep them as a gift ", talk about a kind gesture - I almost cried. Have a great weekend as well. Oscar