Sent amp to Odyssey four months ago, haven't heard back

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Sent amp to Odyssey four months ago, haven't heard back
« Reply #20 on: 23 Dec 2015, 06:02 pm »
So, you got a fake, Klaus will make good on it, and you're upset?  Try THAT with a Rolex!

ClaytonJ2

« Reply #21 on: 23 Dec 2015, 06:12 pm »
Here are pics of the amp.  Identical chassis, different front logo / plate.  I hadn't heard of Odyssey when I got it, so simply relied upon the store's tag.  Sounded better than the Nakamichi PA-7 I had been using, so I kept it and never thought to question the identity until I got in contact with Klaus and he told me it was a knock off.  No complaint about the store here, they thought they were acting in good faith and I've enjoyed a long relationship with them.  Just curious, how'd the people who made the amp I got come by the chassis?  Were they the supplier to Odyssey?

charmerci

« Reply #22 on: 23 Dec 2015, 07:36 pm »
So, you got a fake, Klaus will make good on it, and you're upset?

No, he wasn't - his original post was simply an inquiry -

"but I haven't heard anything since.  I've tried calling and emailing, but no luck getting in touch with him.  Something happen?  Any advice for how to get in touch?"

Davey

« Reply #23 on: 23 Dec 2015, 07:45 pm »
So, you got a fake, Klaus will make good on it, and you're upset?  Try THAT with a Rolex!
You missed the point completely.  Good golly.

Anyways, it appears the two have talked so all good.

Dave.

erniek

« Reply #24 on: 24 Dec 2015, 12:47 am »
I don't think I read that he was in any way upset with Odyssey, he was just making an inquiry. I  have purchase 2 items from Klaus and because of my experience with them both from dealing with Klaus and with the product itself causes me to want more of these Odyssey toys. It is a great product and company. Klaus has stated here that he is taking care of it and let it be that. Too many mediaism's (if that is a word) going on here.

Dr J

« Reply #25 on: 3 Jan 2016, 05:45 pm »
Wont be surprised, I have purchased Extreme Mono amps in 2005 and last October one of the amps suddenly was making popping sounds and a few days later died on me.  I have tried to contact Klaus and described the problem I am having and never got a response.  Base on my own experience I will never again will I buy anything from him.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #26 on: 3 Jan 2016, 09:52 pm »
????????????
I'm very sorry if that fell between the cracks.....you've got to get back with me on that one..................

Send amp to:  6731 West 79th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
Include a detailed letter about what happened.../....

Most likely a cap...as mentioned dozens times earlier, electrolytic caps should be replaced every 7-10 years...it's like the oil change for your amplifiers.......any amplifier

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 3 Jan 2016, 11:41 pm »
electrolytic caps should be replaced every 7-10 years...it's like the oil change for your amplifiers.......any amplifier
I thought most of these caps are rated for ~20 yrs?

Folsom

« Reply #28 on: 3 Jan 2016, 11:46 pm »
Wont be surprised, I have purchased Extreme Mono amps in 2005 and last October one of the amps suddenly was making popping sounds and a few days later died on me.  I have tried to contact Klaus and described the problem I am having and never got a response.  Base on my own experience I will never again will I buy anything from him.

Really because that's not what you were saying back then.

I hope you get it worked out. And just to point out you had 10 problem free years, yes?

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 4 Jan 2016, 12:38 am »
Klaus said will fix,but to what extend, i wonder,these knock offs usually are made of low quality materials...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #30 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:00 am »
Where is the dealer in all this?  When did they realize there was a problem, and are they paying for corrective action (or at least a %)?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #31 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:07 am »
You know what Geowack ???

I've finally had it after you posting negative, distorted,  and slanderous stuff for years now...,  since me sending you both amp and Tempest back and forth, re-done, then a Candela, then a Symphonic Line RG 9 integrated back to you with the offer of keeping any of the units for no extra cost...on my dime and time to help you with your hum problem in your system, (which magically appeared after some time, and to be honest, can be caused by certain changes in the system with gear that is incompatible ground wise)  which none of the units had whatsoever...then finally getting a customer of mine your units and have him pay a used price for your gear and for-fitting any profits and taking a financial hit......and then your posts, again and again and again as to how bad the equipment was (funny that the other owners of the same identical pieces never had a problem) and that I never did anything to rectify the (your" problems").....really makes me wonder.

...and this is my circle, and I don't want you to post here anymore...
« Last Edit: 4 Jan 2016, 03:22 am by klaus@odyssey »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #32 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:08 am »

Now to the situation at hand:

Since August business went exploding !!!  we're talking a 85 % increase over last year, which was very good...85 %, that's a lot, and that's before the last Amplifier of the year award from TAS !!!
Plus, we have asked to have 6 reviews scheduled for 2015/early 2016  delayed because of the sheer workload already......
So, several upgrades and some repairs just simply took a backseat, necessary for me, but also not nice for my customers.....what I did in every single case was either not charging for any or most work (as parts are warranted anyway) or actually giving the customers, like Clayton a super sweeeeeeeeet deal.  I feel bad about delays, and wish I could take on everything immediately, believe me.

And as for not answering or ignoring any requests:  pretty much anyone of you knows that I'm available not 24/7, but whenever I'm awake, as I have the phone forwarded to home and / or my cell.  I'm available to talk to, no matter what...Emails have always been a bit so-so as I have way too many of them, and as there can indeed be oversights...we have now over 5800 customers across the board, and there are still a lot of emails and also inquiries and sales to existing and loyal customers,  and we told quite a few to wait with any upgrades (Kismets are going nuts) until later in 2016 once we catch up....

However, in the past month or so we really turned up production, and I can already see some light at the end of the tunnel, and hope that by the end of February we'll be at a more normal schedule...I really hope so, because honestly, I don't want to keep up this schedule much longer than that... 

So yes, I have to admit that in the past months things could have been smoother, and yes, at times I screw up as well, and apologize as well as I can...by making sure that I make it up to that person and put a permanent smile on his face............

Rock on,

Klaus

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #33 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:09 am »
As for the ODL copies, not worth the discussion...has been 16 years now, and out of the 50 + units that I think existed, I took care of more than half of the owners........

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #34 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:16 am »
And as for caps...yes, some caps easily live even more than 20 years without blowing up...depends on where they are and in what environment of the design and what quality parts / construction is used......however, just like a tube, performance will go down, no matter what...just the nature of electrolytics slowly drying out over time......as for me with the 15,000 uF power supply caps, I can hear a difference of newer caps vs. those 7, 8 or 10 years old  and in operation for that time....just saying that it's not a safety issue, but more a performance one...you want to keep good tires on your sports car when you have track days, right ???

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #35 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:28 am »
JohnR,

thanks for your help....

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #36 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:29 am »
Not to admins:  Geowak has been banned from my circle........

eis

• Y M I
« Reply #37 on: 15 Jan 2016, 07:16 pm »
I purchased my Khartago Stereo Amp last year... I think I talked to Klaus originally in February 2015 - it took a couple of months but the wait was worth it. I realized going in that I was not buying a off-the-shelf piece of gear, but one that was custom made for me. Yes I had to endure a couple of Audio Shows and back log and etc... but hey he's just one guy! Every time we spoke on the phone I he gave me the confidence I needed that this amp was going to be done "right" and was always careful to set my expectations accordingly.

Thanks Klaus for an awesome product, and great customer support! I hope you are still around in 10 year to have my caps replaced  :D [size=78%] [/size]