Odyssey Mono vs Rotel RMB 1095 on B&W 604 S3

Dr J

« on: 20 May 2005, 03:44 am »
I will be receiving my Mono's soon, I have spoken to Klaus numerous time and he is indeed a really nice person, very hardworking and customer service...par none.  We have also discuss to have a signature series lined up on his current Stratos models and I am happy that he will add his signature on my Mono's.

My question is based on your experience on performance between Odyssey and Rotel.  I have found most reviews and especially manufacturers website of Rotel and B&W that they seem to have their products match perfectly like marraige made in heaven.  Understanding that B&W speakers are lazy speaker need a lot from an amp to drive and bing out their synergy.  Comparison price wise they are identical, power is a close match, but for performance in terms of openess, transparancy and details, would the Odyssey give me more leverage musically.  

I have read one article on this string that a pair of Mono's hooked up on a B&W 802 and  that is not a fair deal, to get that monster going you need at least 300W of power, I have a friend who owns an audio store and audition the Rotel RMB 1095 cannot even bring out the best.

Apples to apples, oranges to oranges I beleive that the Monos and the Rotel is a perfect match for my B&W's I would like to hear if these amp would give a big diffenece in musical performance

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2005, 10:43 am »
if you have the extremes on order from klaus -they  will give you all the power you can use :mrgreen:

Eric

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2005, 02:56 pm »
I believe Absolute Sound compared Rotel to Odyssey several years ago. Check their archives