Any new info on the 30w Clari-T?

-Richard-

« Reply #20 on: 16 Mar 2006, 12:38 am »
Hi Vinnie,

I spoke to Louis Chochos this morning...he told me you played a version of
your new Signature 30 amp for him recently and he was very excited about it...
he said the sound was very very special...the best Red Wine Audio amp
he has ever heard...

I intend to use your new Signature 30 amp with my soon-to-be-finished
Super 3 Bipoles...I am very interested to hear how the Bipole configuration
sounds in comparison to the Open Baffle treatment...

And I am just as excited to hear how your new Signature 30 amplifier sounds
on my Open Baffle speakers...

I wanted to share my excitement with you...I wish I could just stop by at the
Canada show and say hi...perhaps if you and Louis ever get to make it to
California for a show we could meet here!!!!!

Stay well, Vinnie...

Let us know how the show goes......

Warmest Regards -Richard-

Dmason

« Reply #21 on: 16 Mar 2006, 01:41 am »
The ClariT with Monica2 and the SuperHemps are incredibly synergistic. Real bullseye stuff...I am looking forward to hearing the comments from the visitors in Montreal, with the Signature 30. I would imagine the increased power will do fantastic things. This is a GREAT combination.

New development, PIO caps, more juice, Mmmmmmmmm!!  :idea:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #22 on: 16 Mar 2006, 12:29 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your interest.

I'd also recommend the sub outputs being a standard feature on the Sig-30... especially since all the other mods will be included as standard on the stock Sig-30 (hardly "stock" more like fully modded). It just seems to go with your design goals. I'm reasonably certain that if you asked for comments on this, it would heavily favor including the sub outputs. Thanks for listening.

Yes, the Sig-30 will be fully modded in its stock form.  8)

I will go with the DACT volume controlled RCA output pair for those who want to connect to a powered sub, OR who may want to go with a bi-amp configuration.  

spoke to Louis Chochos this morning...he told me you played a version of your new Signature 30 amp for him recently and he was very excited about it...
he said the sound was very very special...the best Red Wine Audio amp
he has ever heard...

This is by far my best sounding amp.  Not only does it bring more power (30 wattts vs. 6 watts), but it also brings a richer tone, more warmth, and more body to the music.  The bass is still super-fast, tight and articulate.... but the mids and highs take on the form that is much more "tubey," but without the noise and distortion.  

I would imagine the increased power will do fantastic things. This is a GREAT combination.

New development, PIO caps, more juice, Mmmmmmmmm!!

The extra power is most noticeable in the bass region.  The Paper-in-Oil input caps that I am experimenting with are not cheap, but MAN do they sound seductive!  

I've also been playing with different types of caps and inductors for the output filter, different power supply caps, different gain and feedback values, etc.  

Not only that, but I've been in close contact with Tripath engineering on the board design and layout.  They have been most helpful in giving me tips to optimize this circuit to get the very most out of their 2051 chipset.
I told them up front that I would not be making these amps in huge volumes, but they still gave me all the time I needed as if I was a big company buying thousands of their chips (maybe someday!).  

As for the enclosure.... the prototype is finished and that is what will be at the show.  It is made out of all 1/4" machined aluminum.  There will be a few changes when I get back (adding the RCA outputs is one of them), and then I need to figure out the finishing of the aluminum, color, etc.  Right now, it is clear anodized aluminum.  

I'll try to post a few sneak pics before right before the show...  :wink:

RoadTripper

buyer
« Reply #23 on: 17 Mar 2006, 09:00 pm »
I am on board! Still in disbelief, though, that things could get all that much better.

Did I read correctly that a sub-out is standard?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: buyer
« Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2006, 04:37 am »
Quote from: Seminarian
I am on board! Still in disbelief, though, that things could get all that much better.

Did I read correctly that a sub-out is standard?

Hi Seminarian,

Yes, DACT stepped attenuator volume controlled RCA OUTPUT jacks will be standard.  This can be used for a powered sub, or for another amp (for those who want to try biamping).  

The Signature 30 Prototype is finished and ready for the Montreal later this week!  :thumb:  
It will be powering a pair of Omega Super Hemps.    

Some pics will be posted soon.  Keep in mind that the enclosure is not finished, but it will give you a taste of things to come  :wink:

-Richard-

« Reply #25 on: 21 Mar 2006, 05:16 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Let me wish you the greatest good luck with the upcoming Montreal show!!!!!

I spoke to Louis this morning and my Super 3 Bipole speakers are due to be
shipped this week...before Louis leaves with you for Montreal...

I am very excited about getting these speakers...and I think your new Signature 30
amplifier will play them to perfection!!!!! Again Louis expressed his excitement for
what he is hearing with your new amp...and I am just as excited to hear the magic
you are bringing to life for us...

I think an entirely new era of incredibly refined products are about to come forth
from Red Wine Audio!

KNOCK THEM DEAD IN MONTREAL!!!!!!!!!!

Warmest Regards -Richard-

davidada

Sig 30
« Reply #26 on: 23 Mar 2006, 01:48 pm »
Vinnie,
it looks terrific, I like the matte aluminium finish, keep it simple anodised matte black or alu. Please no gold or other tack, I also think the red wine Logo should be smaller, or now that everyone knows how about RWA?
Was another input ever planned? That is the only thing I would really like as it is a pain switching interconnects,
 :D  :D

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: Sig 30
« Reply #27 on: 30 Mar 2006, 03:56 pm »
Quote from: davidada
Vinnie,
it looks terrific, I like the matte aluminium finish, keep it simple anodised matte black or alu. Please no gold or other tack, I also think the red wine Logo should be smaller, or now that everyone knows how about RWA?
Was another input ever planned? That is the only thing I would really like as it is a pain switching interconnects,
 :D  :D

Hi David,

Welcome aboard and thanks for your feedback.

There are going to be a few changes to the Sig 30 prototype enclosure.  I need to get moving on those but right now I am struggling to clear my large backlog of mods, custom Clari-Ts, and still chugging away at emails....lots of emails!   :slap:

I am not going to offer an input select switch with the Sig 30.  I've been debating doing this for a while now and decided that it will have a built in DACT stepped attenuator volume control, but for those who want more inputs a preamp of your choice can be added in front of the Sig 30.  Many active preamps have a lot of gain, so the stepped attenuator is a nice way to set the gain of the amp with very high precision, and then use the volume control and inputs of your preamp.

I guess you can call this a power amp with built in passive volume attenuator, but not really an integrated amp because of the lack of input select.  

Thanks again,

Vinnie

kbuzz3

Use with Active Pre Amp
« Reply #28 on: 9 Apr 2006, 08:16 pm »
Vinne wrote

"-- Built-in DACT CT2 precision stepped attenuator volume control. For those who want to use an active preamp, the DACT can be set to max or a few clicks back in order to get the most useable range of volume out of your active preamp (e.g. if it has too much gain)"

Not to confuse this issue any more but it would be great if Vinne Offered this as a stereo version for those of us with a collection of pre amps.  That way those of us who all ready over budget with stereo equipment might not have to pay for a volume control. HINT

maxwalrath

« Reply #29 on: 9 Apr 2006, 08:37 pm »
I agree....the option of turning a $180 part all the way up to get it out of the way isn't appealing.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #30 on: 10 Apr 2006, 02:22 am »
Quote from: maxwalrath
I agree....the option of turning a $180 part all the way up to get it out of the way isn't appealing.

Hi guys,

This topic just came up over here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=27158.msg242118#242118&sid=b7ef53874c08035a3013e3159bbada1a

I wrote:

Quote from: Vinnie R.
I still haven't decided if the DACT volume control will be native to the unit or an option.

It seems like MANY of my Clari-T customers who use an active preamp have the problem of too much gain. Having a high-quality stepped attenuator such as the DACT CT2 built into the amp has two advantages:

1) The input to the amp (from an active preamp) can be attenuated to a level that would allow for the most useable range of volume control from the active preamp.

2) For those who are not using a premap, a built-in volume control is needed in most cases and using a very high quality stepped attenuator such as the DACT CT2 offers excellent sound quality and reliability.

Thanks for all your feedback,

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #31 on: 12 Apr 2006, 11:27 pm »
All,

I am working with a new machine shop on a more cost effective (but still good looking and good quality  :wink: ) enclosure.  Things are working out very well.  They can even do laser etching for the front panel  :D

The final dimensions are going to be 12" wide X 8" deep X 3" tall.  I'll be posting more details shortly....just need to finalize things.

I should have the Sig 30 with the new enclosure ready to show off at the VTV show in NJ in early May: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=27072

Once I get the pricing on the enclosure, I will be posting the Signature 30 pricing info that you have all be waiting on...

Production is scheduled to be ready for the end of May.  Things are cookin' now!  :whip:

-Richard-

« Reply #32 on: 13 Apr 2006, 12:25 am »
Hi Vinnie,

I am very very excited for you...I know how much you have struggled with
your design for the enclosure and the Research and Development of the
circuitry in order to bring the Signature 30 amp to a new level of sonic
and aesthetic sophistication...

I am thrilled for you...you are going to make a great deal of people very happy
with this new Red Wine Audio next-generation amplifier...including me!!!!!!!!!!

Take your time and feel comfortable with each important stage you need to
address...a tremendous amount of experience is going into this masterpiece...
I know the result will be a new level of sonic magic with the good looks Red
Wine Audio products deserve...

I am excited for you and I want to wish you the greatest possible good luck
in this and in all your future projects...you are irreplaceable in our lives...

Warm Regards -Richard-

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #33 on: 19 Apr 2006, 01:31 pm »
Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for all your enthusiasm and kind words!

The new prototype enclosure should be here in a little over a week.  I'll post pics, and the finished Sig 30 will be at the VTV show in NJ for all to listen to!  Pricing info will be ready by then as well, and I am aiming to begin production by the end of May.  

Things are really cooking now!  :flame:

Thanks again,

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 10 May 2006, 06:08 pm »
All,

I just posted a few new pics of the Signature 30:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Signature_30.html

This is the production version and I ordered a bunch of enclosures.  I'm still waiting on the Danish parts to show up (DACT CT2s and the PIO caps).  The caps won't be here 'till the end of the month, but that is when I plan to start production.

Lots of details will be posted on that page next... definitely by the end of the week.  

There is some chat about the Signature 30 at the VTV show over here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=27072

There's also a picture of me with a goofy smile (as usual  :roll: ).  I was showing off the Signature 30 / Olive combo to Levi.  

ndpjr

« Reply #35 on: 11 May 2006, 02:04 pm »
Vinnie,

The enclosure you decided on for the Signature-30 looks great. Are you taking orders for it now and when do you think you will have a price on it. I'm looking forward to getting one. Great job!

RoadTripper

RWA
« Reply #36 on: 11 May 2006, 07:58 pm »
Go check out the RWA web-site now!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #37 on: 12 May 2006, 12:21 am »
Hi Guys,

Well as you probably have seen, the Signature 30 page is alive!  I'll be tweaking it in the next few weeks, but at least now you know what the features are, what it looks like, pricing, etc.

This thread was kind of a starter and you guys have been most helpful in providing feedback and ideas.  

I have just started a brand new Signature 30 thread on my forum here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=28002.msg249139#249139

See ya there...  :)