Record mats, what you guys and ladies using . .

Berndt

Re: Record mats, what you guys and ladies using . .
« Reply #20 on: 7 Nov 2011, 05:59 pm »
Tt weights copper mat.
Just like the way it looks.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #21 on: 7 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm »
I'm using Herbie's way excellent II 2mm mat on my VPI Classic. Harry at VPI does not recommend this, but I find the sound to be fuller and richer with the mat than without it. Plus, static is a nuisance when the record is on the platter with no mat.  I concede that the sound difference may be related to VTA because a few records have sounded better without the mat.

Æ

« Reply #22 on: 8 Nov 2011, 12:08 am »
Well, I don't currently have a turntable, so no mat. But the last mat I bought and used was an AUDIOQUEST Sorbothane. Since I currently have no use for it, I gave it to my friendly high end audio dealer.
« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2011, 01:25 am by Æ »

mjock3

« Reply #23 on: 9 Nov 2011, 12:15 am »
I use Herbie's Way Excellent II. I really like it much better than the felt mat that was on my Rega as well as the Audioquest of years gone by. Clean sounding!

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 9 Nov 2011, 12:59 am »
Haven't sprung for it yet, but Well Tempered Amadeus users are singing the praises of the Auditorium mat. And it seems to be the only mat that many have seen any improvement with on a Well Tempered Amadeus.

trackball02

« Reply #25 on: 18 Nov 2011, 06:36 am »
I'm using the original mat on my Harman Kardon T60. It is somewhat brittle with a few cracks. Anyone have any suggestions in a decent replacement?