My significant other smoked my M-901 ... I need a new one by the looks of it.

Trismos

My wife was doing me a favor of sorts. My tv in my man room stopped making sound and I figured it might be the older cable box but I asked her to look at it for me because she's pretty good at figuring out those obvious things that always seem to elude me. I left the room for a moment and when I returned she had actually managed to move my tv / stereo stand out from the wall, and too my horror she was sitting behind it in amidst all the wires. Now what happened next I couldn't have made happen on purpose, but somehow she accidently shorted out something against something else and not only did my Soneil battery charger start smoking, but so did my most treasured M-901. My tube DAC doesn't seem to have survived either.

Now the good woman is as upset with having this happen as I am as she knows how much I love my gear, and she was there the day my 901 came to the door and I unpacked it like I had just come into possession of the Dead Sea Scrolls, so I have her blessings to replace it of course. I'd like to get the Dodd Buffer this time though and I see it's currently unavailable. I've heard good things about this upgrade. Will it be available again?

Tris

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Dave,

The most important thing you need to do right now is to give your wife a hug.

I will cap your replacement costs at an unprintable number.  Just send it back to Cami and we'll cannibalize another unit if necessary.  You'll be made whole.

Hugs and please accept my most sincere apologies for your trauma, and hers.

Seth

Trismos

Mr. K

I love my wife unreservedly.

(...That even appears to be a real word.)

My man room wouldn't exist without her, and my drumset would not be set up in the living room either.... Though I seem to have traded this luxury for cleaning the cat litter....

So she get's hugs no matter what.

It's funny now that the 'trauma' has subsided. She pulled the lid off the 901 (I left the screws out to show friends) and this little puff of smoke issued out. She looked up at me with her baby blues....

So. To the issue at hand. I'd rather buy a new one and I have no problem paying full price for what is already a bargain. And from a great guy at that. I'll send you back mine anyways and perhaps you can do something with it but to me it's like I bought a new car and had an accident in it and no matter how good the bondo, it'll never be good as new.

As mentioned earlier, I'd like the Dodd tube buffer upgrade if possible?

Regards
D

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Send me the battery kit and charger as well so I can repair it.

Trismos

Ok     quit being so damn lovably nice already.

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Ok     quit being so damn lovably nice already.

It's what we do  :wink:

Mama Virtue

As mentioned earlier, I'd like the Dodd tube buffer upgrade if possible?

Regards
D

The buffer upgrade is still possible! The buffer was originally not an in house upgrade, and all amps shipped to the customer and if they wanted the buffer they forwarded the amp to Gary Dodd. Once he became ill earlier this year, we had him build us kits and installed them for him. However, now that Gary is in better health we have turned the buffer upgrade back over to him and it is once again in his hands. You can reach Gary at doddaudio@live.com The price of the upgrade will remain the same ($300).

For now, we will still be shipping Dodd's battery kits direct from Virtue, however that as well may once again become his gig if he decides he's up to it.

Trismos

This post at Jason then. I see in the 'Tube Buffer Necessary' thread that you're "running in some Clarity MR caps right now without a buffer and it sounds fantastic. If you do the buffer and caps I think you'll be amazed." ----(Hey. Someone tell me how to do quotes correctly?)----

I don't really know what's wrong with my amp so I guess the smart move is to send it back in case things aren't as bad as they seem and get a prognosis before I ask about the costs of all the goodies. I've wanted to get the buffer kit but was loathe to part with it for too long. If I have to send it to you anyways I might as well have you do all the cool upgrades.

Where do I send it?

Regards
Dave

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
This post at Jason then. I see in the 'Tube Buffer Necessary' thread that you're "running in some Clarity MR caps right now without a buffer and it sounds fantastic. If you do the buffer and caps I think you'll be amazed." ----(Hey. Someone tell me how to do quotes correctly?)----

I don't really know what's wrong with my amp so I guess the smart move is to send it back in case things aren't as bad as they seem and get a prognosis before I ask about the costs of all the goodies. I've wanted to get the buffer kit but was loathe to part with it for too long. If I have to send it to you anyways I might as well have you do all the cool upgrades.

Where do I send it?

Regards
Dave

Dave
email me
cables@virtueaudio.com
and we'll discuss

Mama Virtue

----(Hey. Someone tell me how to do quotes correctly?)----

Dave, upper right hand corner of every comment there is a "Quote" button. Automatically will take you to the Post reply screen. You can delete some of the quote to shorten it, just make sure its inside the ] at the beginning and the [/quote] at the end

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
It's what we do  :wink:

God bless you for what you do. I have been around this hobby for over 40 years and you my dear Man are the exception to the rule.  8)
   I do not own any of your gear or even heard it in my system. Maybe it is time.

charles
SMA

wsturner

Trismos,

I cringed while reading your story. I had a similar experience, so I feel your pain.

As with your mishap, Seth (and the rest of the Virtue family) jumped in and went above/beyond to make everything better.

I LOVE my Virtue amp!

Trismos

Dave, upper right hand corner of every comment there is a "Quote" button. Automatically will take you to the Post reply screen. You can delete some of the quote to shorten it, just make sure its inside the ] at the beginning and the  at the end

And just like that! Thank you Ma'am :)

Trismos

So. I have my amp back.

I'm listening to Sarah Brightman - Canto della Terra at the moment. If ever I could have a good friend over who appreciated audiophilia....

Trismos

I would like to say a thing or two about Seth and Jason. If ever you plan and getting into business, you might consider their business model that just doesn't talk about customer relations .... these people live it.

Trismos

Okay, that was 'just one thing'.....

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Okay, that was 'just one thing'.....

that one thing is good enough :) thanks for that.
hey nice top on that amp  8)

I'm glad your enjoying it!

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Dave,
You rock.  Glad you're whole.  Rig looks great.
Hugs to the wifey.
Seth