max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Not your Dad's Buick!
« on: 14 Oct 2011, 11:31 pm »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Not your Dad's Buick!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2011, 11:45 pm »
I've seen the new one (manufacturer's plates on a Michigan freeway), but those vertical slots around the grill are a turn off for me.

But either way I like the looks of the new Regals too.  And while GM has been building better cars, I'd go with the Audi A4 2.0T Quattro to pick up all wheel drive up here in the great white north and better local dealership.

sts9fan

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2011, 11:48 pm »
Still a Buick

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2011, 01:39 am »
Agree with you about the Audi. I read back in 2010 that this GS was to have all wheel drive.
They bagged it because of added cost and weight.

ctviggen

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm »
I've seen the new one (manufacturer's plates on a Michigan freeway), but those vertical slots around the grill are a turn off for me.

But either way I like the looks of the new Regals too.  And while GM has been building better cars, I'd go with the Audi A4 2.0T Quattro to pick up all wheel drive up here in the great white north and better local dealership.

For AWD, why?  I've run several FWD cars in the snow.  You just put on snow tires.  You can stop faster than an equivalent AWD (with the same snow tires), because your car will weigh hundreds of pounds less.  And stopping is really what you want to do.  Even RWD cars supposedly aren't bad with snow tires.

As for Buick, if you base you car decisions on JD Powers, Buick is way up there in this survey.  (Personally, I don't base my decisions on JD Powers, but I know others who do).

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm »
For AWD, why?  I've run several FWD cars in the snow.  You just put on snow tires.  You can stop faster than an equivalent AWD (with the same snow tires), because your car will weigh hundreds of pounds less.  And stopping is really what you want to do.  Even RWD cars supposedly aren't bad with snow tires.

As for Buick, if you base you car decisions on JD Powers, Buick is way up there in this survey.  (Personally, I don't base my decisions on JD Powers, but I know others who do).

Bob,

I have owned front wheel, rear wheel, and all wheel drive cars and used them all with quality snow tires.  There is no comparison in terms of starting, stopping, and handling...the all wheel drive car was by far the best performer in the snow (and rain).

George

bunnyma357

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm »

I drive a RWD with snow tires in Denver, not bad if you are comfortable controlling spins - if you have to pull out from a stop into traffic, you will either fish tail or have to go so slow you get rear ended or wait for an eternity for no traffic.  We also have an A4 2.0t Quattro, makes driving in the snow mundane - much better than the FWD cars I've had, YMMV.

Jim C