audioseduction

New Computer Audio Site!
« on: 13 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm »
It's a good thing!

http://www.audiostream.com/

Phil A

Re: New Computer Audio Site!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2011, 12:56 am »
Looks like it could have some helpful information - thanks.  Just ordered a PC (as both my MAC and XP machines are about 6 or 7 years old) with the intent of getting more serious with computer audio to stream.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2011, 01:09 am »
Good stuff. Thank you very much.  :thumb:

Bob

mfsoa

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2011, 01:15 am »
Welcome to AudioStream: Computer Audio For Everyone
Filed Under: News
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 12, 2011 • 7 comments

The Future Of Computer Audio
Filed Under: Industry Voice
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 12, 2011 • 0 comments

Ask AudioStream: Will an external DAC help?
Filed Under: Ask AudioStream
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 11, 2011 • 0 comments

Music Downloads: Boomkat
Filed Under: Music Downloads
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 11, 2011 • 0 comments

Computer Audio How-To
Filed Under: Hardware How-To, Music How-To, Software How-To
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 10, 2011 • 6 comments

Ask AudioStream: USB or S/PDIF?
Filed Under: Ask AudioStream
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 07, 2011 • 2 comments

ADAM Professional Audio ARTist 3
Filed Under: Desktop Component Reviews
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 07, 2011 • 6 comments

Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011)
Filed Under: News
By: Michael Lavorgna • Posted: Oct 05, 2011 • 2 comments

I wonder if Michael Lavorgna is involved with this site?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2011, 01:16 am »
I checked with Snopes, and they say he's not involved.  :dunno:
Whatever....it's a cool place anyway.

Bob

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2011, 01:33 am »
Yes, it's a Stereophile sister site, with Michael Lavorgna at the helm.  Should be good to get some nuggets there.

roscoeiii

« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2011, 01:52 am »
Though I don't see it supplanting Computer Audiophile. Chris's work there has always impressed me more than Stereophile's coverage of the computer audio world.

Not to mention an active Computer Audiophile forum and community.

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2011, 02:36 am »
Though I don't see it supplanting Computer Audiophile. Chris's work there has always impressed me more than Stereophile's coverage of the computer audio world.

+1

Crimson

« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2011, 03:08 am »
New site? Yay!

Chris's site? Are we comparing? Well it started off nice. Now it's, IMO, just another corporate site.

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct 2011, 03:41 pm »
When it comes to information about computer based audio, I think a few more sites is likely a good thing.

I will review it on occasion.

pardales

« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2011, 03:54 pm »
Nice site. Thanks for the heads up. I already found info a few things that will be helpful.

newzooreview

« Reply #11 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:49 pm »

I would think that anyplace on the Internet would be better than Computer Audiophile. The site design is nice, but I've had posts heavily censored over there by the owner on more than one occasion, and that's never happened on AudioCircle or anywhere else that I participate.

Computer Audiophile's editorial stance is heavily commercial, which I think is part of the problem I've seen. If you post a comment to their editorial pieces that is construed to undercut their advertisers then it gets yanked. The forums are more open in that regard, but the features on the home page are very tightly controlled. It's a real pity, and I suppose they have to make their money, but they shouldn't allow comments at all in their editorial space in that case. They should also be more open about their editorial posts that they consider to be off limits due to commercial considerations and those that are actually meant to be a service to the community (as some appear to be--to be fair).

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2011, 01:15 pm »
I post to CA almost daily and have found it to be a very fair and intelligent discussion forum.  I have questioned Chris's ideas and reviews, and never once gotten censored.

toddbagwell

« Reply #13 on: 22 Oct 2011, 02:29 pm »
I also visit Chris' site often. I can understand your frustration, NewZoo, but your comment of "undercutting" his site sponsors' reviews has a negative connotation when i read it.

This site has sponsors, but many of us volunteeer to manage boards we care about.

Chris does, as best I'm aware from his posts, has no other income than what he generates from the website. I know if the decision to edit or delete posts helped keep a paying sponsor happy, i would likely err on that side of the equation if it was directly related to a significant review of that company's product. I'm not a journalist or ethics major and don't want to derail this thread any more than to say i find his site useful and educational, but yeah, he doesn't have ads there for decoration.

To the post about stereophile's digital coverage, i do enjoy john atkinsons reviews and measurements

Sorry for any ipad typos...

Toss

newzooreview

« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2011, 06:53 pm »
I also visit Chris' site often. I can understand your frustration, NewZoo, but your comment of "undercutting" his site sponsors' reviews has a negative connotation when i read it.

This site has sponsors, but many of us volunteeer to manage boards we care about.

Chris does, as best I'm aware from his posts, has no other income than what he generates from the website. I know if the decision to edit or delete posts helped keep a paying sponsor happy, i would likely err on that side of the equation if it was directly related to a significant review of that company's product. I'm not a journalist or ethics major and don't want to derail this thread any more than to say i find his site useful and educational, but yeah, he doesn't have ads there for decoration.

To the post about stereophile's digital coverage, i do enjoy john atkinsons reviews and measurements

Sorry for any ipad typos...

Toss

Fair enough. I only know how I've been treated. It may not be the norm.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #15 on: 26 Oct 2011, 12:05 am »
I have questioned Chris's ideas and reviews, and never once gotten censored.

Most forums are not allowing this...sadly. 
I've been a member on CA as well, but not very active.

firedog

« Reply #16 on: 27 Oct 2011, 05:19 pm »
I also post at CA and haven't found myself to be censored, even when making a negative comment about a product.