Iphone 4s? or wait for the Iphone 5?

SlushPuppy

Re: Iphone 4s? or wait for the Iphone 5?
« Reply #20 on: 21 Oct 2011, 05:16 am »
I use an Ipod Touch (same thing, memory-wise)...I use about 50/50 Apps to music with my 32 GB. Have 7 GB left over, not a huge inventory of music, but what I do have is all lossless on it.  It really depends on how you listen to your music... 320 kbps MP3, 256 kbps, lossless...

16 can be fine unless you're demanding the highest quality from your audio. 16 GB goes fast then.

4G is basically like wifi speeds at home with a cable modem connection. 3G is noticeably slower, but fine for most purposes unless you ever find yourself loading videos for any reason. Videos are way nicer on 4G...don't have to wait and wait.

I don't plan to put any lossless/FLAC on it, because I do most of my music listening at home. Whatever I put on it would only be played in the car, so MP3 quality is OK for that.

I won't be doing much uploading/downloading, but I will be sending more photos and surfing a bit more with higher speed.

Damn, if they just released this thing with 4G it would be a no-brainer.....

Sperandeo

« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2011, 05:48 am »
I just picked up my 32gb iPhone 4gs yesterday and all I can say is amazing. Siri alone is worth the upgrade. Other phones have been struggling with trying to keep up with 500,000 apps, now they have a new challenge.

Pez

« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2011, 04:19 pm »
You're making me jealous! My wife was trying to justify us buying the 4S, but surprisingly I shot her down for the time being. Maybe next month.  :dunno:

RPM123

« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2011, 05:35 pm »
I purchased a 16G 4S with Verizon and I love it!  :D I used to have a 32G iPhone 4 with AT&T, however, living in the SF Bay area, the call coverage was spotty, plus I only used a fraction of the available memory. My wife has a regular phone and she now can make calls anywhere from her office, whereas with AT&T, she practically had to be outside of the building (hospital). Also, having Siri is a both useful and a lot of fun! It also looks like our data plan cost will actually be a bit less than with AT&T.