2011 Mac Mini Power Supply

fcavolo

2011 Mac Mini Power Supply
« on: 2 Oct 2011, 02:05 pm »
Yesterday I received a new Bolder Cable linear power supply for my 2011 Mac Mini which was modded by Wayne by removing the stock internal switching power supply and installing a female, barrel style connector for the new PS.

After installing in my system and a brief warmup, I listened for three or four hours. I must say that out of the box the linear supply made a startling improvement in SQ--  deeper, tighter bass, more air/ space between performers, more detail and a black, totally silent background. Just more musical and hard to believe I was listening to a computer.

This upgrade is not a minor tweak. The Bolder Cable linear PS has made a major, significant improvement to my system. Thank you Wayne!

Wayne1

Re: 2011 Mac Mini Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2011, 09:19 pm »
You are welcome, Frank. Thank YOU for your comments.

Frank bought the prototype for the next generation of BOLDER Mac Mini power supplies.

After the tour of my first try of Mac Mini PS, it became apparent that I need to offer a PS that would be able to supply more current with less heat from the case.

The new supply uses a much larger vented case. The regulator and bridge rectifiers are mounted on rather large internal heatsinks. The unit Frank bought had a high current version of the Bybee Music Rail installed on one of the heatsinks.

If there is interest in this item, I will offer it on the website after RMAF. The PS with the Bybee Music Rail will be introduced at $1300.00.