• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Re: TAVES pictures
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2011, 02:48 am »

PRELUDE :  What impressed you?

D.D.

markie

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2011, 03:50 am »
Thanks for the pics. I live in Toronto and plan to TAVE it on Sunday. My first show, oh yes!
Mark

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2011, 07:10 am »
thanks for the pics, Prelude :thumb:

al.

1oldguy

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2011, 11:17 am »
Thank you for that......

You know I like all the gear pictured here.But personally I like the Bryston look.To each his own of course.
But when audio gear looks to frilly,it actually make me wonder about the performance of the device.
With Bryston there are no Frills.And yes I like it that way.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2011, 12:27 pm »
Hi Folks,

Seems like a good turnout at the show for the first day - great to see some young folks attending for a change :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

james

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2011, 01:43 pm »
Thanks for the photos. Curious to know how the Monarchy room with Lenehan speakers sounded?

charles
SMA

JfTM

« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2011, 02:15 pm »
I was there yesterday.  Wasn't too crowded and I got to spend a half hour or so with James talking about the BDP first thing.

Thanks James

Mike

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #8 on: 1 Oct 2011, 02:31 pm »

Thanks for the photographs PRELUDE  :thumb:

Do you know what the speakers are on the outsides  :scratch:

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #9 on: 1 Oct 2011, 04:20 pm »
PRELUDE :  What impressed you?

D.D.
D.D :To good to be true and I think I just found a best gift for Christmas.
Bryston BDP. Yes I was impressed not because it is Bryston but for what it does.
I am going to buy one. :thumb:

PRELUDE

« Reply #10 on: 1 Oct 2011, 04:31 pm »

Thanks for the photographs PRELUDE  :thumb:

Be well...
Hi Laundrew :D
That was a nice speaker and the guy who you can see his leg in the picture was taking with the maker and I did not want to jump between the conversation and could not talk to him but I was there for half hour.Give me some time I will find out for you.

PRELUDE

« Reply #11 on: 1 Oct 2011, 04:56 pm »
Hi folks and thanks all.
Considering this is a fresh start show it was not that bad and it was getting busier when I left.
I went to all the rooms and the only speakers I would like was GRADIENT REVOLUTION ACTIVE SYSTEM.
The AUDIO NOTE kits are very nice and they used great parts too.But for God's sake why they not pluged in it was nothing more then picture. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:
Any way I got out about 8pm and went to HMV to buy the new OPETH for my kinds of demonstration. :lol: :thumb:

PRELUDE

« Reply #12 on: 1 Oct 2011, 05:04 pm »
Thanks for the photos. Curious to know how the Monarchy room with Lenehan speakers sounded?

charles
SMA
I always wanted to hear the Monarchy and when I found out they going to be in the show I just could not wait.
Sound was very interesting if you do not care about lows.Yet it was clean and punchy.

Alfalfa

« Reply #13 on: 1 Oct 2011, 05:58 pm »
(slightly OT: what about the new Opeth?  :icon_lol:)

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #14 on: 1 Oct 2011, 06:45 pm »
(slightly OT: what about the new Opeth?  :icon_lol:)

Big departure - not metal. Artistic progression or Spinal Tap-ian "Jazz Odyssey" ? Let's discuss it here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97938.80

D.D.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #15 on: 1 Oct 2011, 09:09 pm »

The big white driver is a Fostex FE208eS (maybe FE168eS)...

dave

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #16 on: 1 Oct 2011, 09:12 pm »
The big white driver is a Fostex FE208eS (maybe FE168eS)...

dave

Thank you Dave  :D

Be well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #17 on: 2 Oct 2011, 12:39 am »
Folks, - SUPERB day at the show - lots and lots of people :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: And I got to meet some of the Audiocircle folks in person :D

james

JeffO

« Reply #18 on: 2 Oct 2011, 04:23 pm »
Folks, - SUPERB day at the show - lots and lots of people :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: And I got to meet some of the Audiocircle folks in person :D

james

James,

You should change your name to James T Kirk.  You looked like the captain of the Enterprise sitting in the back chair with an ipad in one hand and a remote in the other.   :lol: Should have taken a picture. 

Bryston/PMC have one of the best rooms for demoing in which makes their demo that much better.  James hogs the remote so you have to push to hear the 5.1 system with the SP3.  They have a full rack of 2 channel equipment with 28's driving PMC IB2i's.  In the same room they have an SP3, 4B and 6B driving a PB1i, CB6i 5.1 system.  Both sounded stellar. 

There were a number of good rooms at the show so if you can make it this afternoon the trip is well worth it. 

Anthem had a pair  :o of sub 2's in a 2 channel system, if someone accidentally turns the volume up too loud the lights in the hotel will dim and the walls will blow out. 

Jeff

Sasha

« Reply #19 on: 2 Oct 2011, 06:51 pm »
Hi folks and thanks all.
Considering this is a fresh start show it was not that bad and it was getting busier when I left.
I went to all the rooms and the only speakers I would like was GRADIENT REVOLUTION ACTIVE SYSTEM.
The AUDIO NOTE kits are very nice and they used great parts too.But for God's sake why they not pluged in it was nothing more then picture. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:
Any way I got out about 8pm and went to HMV to buy the new OPETH for my kinds of demonstration. :lol: :thumb:
2nd the Gradients, as well as Ellas in the same room, what they reproduced within their expected limitations was absolutely superb, nothing else came close.