Soon to be new owner Introduction

Gzerro

Soon to be new owner Introduction
« on: 28 Sep 2011, 12:57 am »
I have been lurking around this forum and the Salk forum on AVS for a while but this is my first post.

I placed my order today for a new Salk system and thought I would introduce myself and thank all the posters here (and at the AVS Salk forum) who really helped me make the decision. I really appreciate all the folks here sharing their experiences (and great pictures that were very helpful in picking out the finish).

I went through a fairly extensive process to select my new speakers (not quite the "journey" of Nuance but enough to be confident in my decision). After auditioning so many systems I found the combination of the great sound and appearance of the Salk speakers to be a pretty amazing value. Jim set me up with a local owner who was kind enough to open his home to me so I could hear the speakers before making the decision.

I should also mentioned that I really appreciated Jim's approach, very patient and objective answering all of my questions that I am sure he has answered a million times before. All the positive things said about him here were spot on in my experience so far.

My system will include Song Towers and a front ported Song Center with the Ribbon Tweeters and Song Birds(dome) for surrounds. I went with the straight mahogany finish which matches my other furniture. I was tempted by all of the amazing custom veneers, but I was lucky that the standard finish was perfect for my room.

Hopefully I will be able to post some pics of my own system in the not too distant future!

Cheers

Tom

Saturn94

Re: Soon to be new owner Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2011, 03:27 pm »
Welcome to the Salk family. :D

Look forward to hearing your impressions and hopefully seeing pictures. :thumb: