Headphone deals

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Headphone deals
« on: 23 Sep 2011, 02:09 am »
Guys, i think its a good idea to start a thread with headphone deals...i'll start:

HFI-780

Bass lovers may like this!

saisunil

Re: Headphone deals
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2011, 02:22 am »
Thanks,

Was looking a phone for my nephew for his rap music ...

this is it ... now I don;t have to buy the dreaded monster phones 

cujobob

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2011, 02:24 am »
The Klipsch S4i are $58 or so...isn't that a good deal?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2011, 04:09 pm »
I just picked up some MEElectronics - M9 earbuds for $14.00...from some website I can't remember but I see them on Overstock.com and other places...these $14 earbuds sound better than a few $100 earbuds I've heard...I thought they looked cool so I grabbed some....I can always lay them on my little guys when they loose the last pair I laid on them..LOL...well not these, they are solid performers, good bass, and great extended highs...not biting highs, very natural as is the midrange and lower registers...I was shocked... :scratch:

Amazon has them I just found out for about the same number...these are black mine are silver
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M9-BK-Hi-Fi-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K1G/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1317312671&sr=1-4
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2011, 10:50 am by eclein »

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2011, 06:56 pm »
Guys, i think its a good idea to start a thread with headphone deals...i'll start:

HFI-780

Bass lovers may like this!

I wonder how those compare to these bass champs: http://tinyurl.com/3v28rgg (Audio Technical ATH M50s)

saisunil

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm »
I wonder how those compare to these bass champs: http://tinyurl.com/3v28rgg (Audio Technical ATH M50s)

I'll ask my nephew - who will be receiving HFI-780, he has heard my ATH M50s - and liked them ...

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2011, 02:51 am »
Some people prefer more the ultrasones, they are more detailed with nice attack. M50's are more bass oriented.

BTW, i also own a pair of Meelectronics M9 (SL version).  :green:
I use them with my mobile.

I'll post my impressions soon.

cujobob

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2011, 03:45 am »
Sennheiser HD25-1 II Closed Back Professional Headphone with Swivel Earcups

on Amazon...they go down to $129 a few times a day...just randomly refresh the page on there. Good deal and apparently they sound great but clamp pretty hard at first.

Bemopti123

« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2011, 04:31 am »
Sennheiser HD25-1 II Closed Back Professional Headphone with Swivel Earcups

on Amazon...they go down to $129 a few times a day...just randomly refresh the page on there. Good deal and apparently they sound great but clamp pretty hard at first.

I got these headphones and I can simply say that they are awesome for what they do....they get more play than my AKG-701....due to my commuting. 

cujobob

« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2011, 06:44 am »
I bought a pair today...lots of good reviews and head-fi has a deals thread with people talking about this special... my previous reference for headphones was a pair of M-Audio Q40 (I think)...liked em but gave them to the gf. Good value from what I hear, as well.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2011, 11:10 am »

BTW, i also own a pair of Meelectronics M9 (SL version).  :green:
I use them with my mobile.

I'll post my impressions soon.
Mine are also Silver...I'll be interested to read your thoughts on these!!

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #11 on: 1 Oct 2011, 01:34 am »
The HD-25 I II are a nice set of cans. Portability, nice isolation, sound quality is awesome. I have used them a couple of times. Some people cant stand their clamping force.

I'll post my Impressions soon, i feel like my M9's need more "burn in" stay tuned.  :)

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #12 on: 7 Dec 2011, 09:24 pm »
Bumping this thread, i found a nice price for the HD650's on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Headphones/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8

Only $359.

mfsoa

« Reply #13 on: 16 Dec 2011, 01:43 am »
I'm no headphone expert but I was trying to buy some for my son and his friend and I was about to buy Sennheiser HD448s on Amazon for $78 when I checked Newegg-

59.99 and a $10 promocode, free shipping.

(I could only get the promo on one pr though, even though I tried to do 2 separate orders)

Seems like a good deal on a well-reviewed HP.

Happy Holidays

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2011, 02:44 am »
I tried a $14 pair of these: JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black) and was shocked at how good they sound. They a built from Plastic so they are not indestructible but the comfort they offer and exceptional sound quality make these an awesome stocking stuffer for anyone who loves good music. I read somewhere about them and found some on Amazon for that price and WOW!!!!  Highly recommended!!!

Stu Pitt

« Reply #15 on: 22 Dec 2011, 03:04 am »
A while back on Head Fi a lot of guys were praising the JVC Marshmallows.  I picked up a pair at Best Buy on sale for $15 (normally $20).  I bought them because I needed a pair of workout headphones.  Amazing sound for $15 or even $20 at full price.  They don't compete with my Etymotic ER6i or ER4s, but they're only $20.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.  Several students where I work (college athletics, which equates to lots of traveling, iPods, and very low budget) bought them and love them.  So happy to see them using those instead of the awful Beats, but that's another thread. 

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #16 on: 22 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm »
I started my headphone journey with JVC headphones, and they are definitely the best headphones for around $50. The RX700's are often considered a poor's man ATH-A900's.

If you guys are looking for a good price on sennheiser headphones, check this:
http://www.razordogdeals.com/

Its an authorized sennhs dealer.

saisunil

« Reply #17 on: 23 Dec 2011, 01:18 am »
Headphone has good deals every now and then ... check out their B-Stock outlet ...
They have excellent customer service + you know you are buying from a reliable seller ...
Just in case you are looking for used / B-Stock items

http://www.headphone.com/support/b-stock-outlet.php

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 23 Dec 2011, 02:11 am »
So being on a roll I grabbed Sennheiser HD202ii Closed headphones from Newegg- free shipping...$17.99, got them overnite for free and they sound better then the JVC's but not as comfy. I'm amazed all these are so good.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #19 on: 23 Dec 2011, 08:02 am »
... I'm amazed all these are so good.

I guess good design does not necessarily require expensive or exotic materials.