2011 NFL is Here!

jimdgoulding

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #20 on: 12 Sep 2011, 03:57 am »
Geez, the Ravens outplay the Steelers, or what?  The Cowboys manage to find a way to lose to the Jets, a game they dominated for 50 minutes or more.  The Cowboys got the woe.  The Jets got the mo.  It didn't seem that way for a while.  Whadda you gonna do.

WarriorAnt

« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2011, 04:18 am »
Geez, the Ravens outplay the Steelers, or what?  The Cowboys manage to find a way to lose to the Jets, a game they dominated for 50 minutes or more.  The Cowboys got the woe.  The Jets got the mo.  It didn't seem that way for a while.  Whadda you gonna do.

That's how the JETS always do it!     JETS!

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2011, 03:47 pm »
Always nice whenever my Ravens can get a win against the Steelers.  I have a feeling they'll whip us just as bad later this year, well maybe not that bad.  Ravens looked like the popped the lid on their offense for a bit there.

Cam Newton looked really good in game one.  For a player many labeled a bust from the start it's good to see he can be a player, at worst an average QB and maybe a franchise QB for the Panthers.  As good as he looked in week one, the Packers might make him look equally bad next week.  A good test for him to see if he can keep his team within striking distance of the explosive Packers.

McNabb- a stinker

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2011, 04:22 pm »
  How about those Jets ? down 17 with not much time in a must win atmosphere for NY'ers on Sept 11th. We will NEVER forget.
   They did it, despite the pressure of winning that day. Kudo's to them.

charles
SMA

Bigfish

« Reply #24 on: 12 Sep 2011, 08:33 pm »
Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens and their fans for an old style, butt whipping laid on my favorite team, The Steelers!  If I were a Raven's Fan today I would be very excited about my team.  However, while I do not see the sky falling I am certainly concerned about the Steelers as they were dominated in every phase of the game. 

Ken

sts9fan

« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2011, 08:46 pm »
Lets go PATS!!!
That's all I got...

cujobob

« Reply #26 on: 12 Sep 2011, 09:05 pm »
The lions made all sorts of mistakes in their win over Tampa bay but they clearly dominated that game for three quarters. The heat was a factor for everyone by that point (cramps galore)...I like the bucs defensive line a lot... Good and young, and elements of their defense weren't bad at all, but i could see them losing a lot if they don't get that offense going.

I hate the new kickoff rules. Nothing more to say about that. Special teams are now boring. I think a yard or two difference may have been better. But five is just too much. Kickers going through the endzone?

The packers are beatable. Their team depends on their qb, I'm hoping the lions can surprise and win ten with a healthy stafford this season. The bears are beatable and Minnesota has issues.

I've said it all along..the colts without manning are a bad football team. They don't have enough talent. Their gm did a poor job surrounding peyton IMHO.

PeteG

« Reply #27 on: 12 Sep 2011, 09:10 pm »
Cam Newton looked really good in game one.  For a player many labeled a bust from the start it's good to see he can be a player, at worst an average QB and maybe a franchise QB for the Panthers.

I too thought he was going to be a bust so far I’m dead wrong, for his first NFL game for a rookie QB no one has looked better.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #28 on: 13 Sep 2011, 02:32 am »
Isn't it fun to watch Brady and Welker? It reminds me of Zorn and Largent. Peyton and Marvin.  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #29 on: 13 Sep 2011, 02:35 am »
Unitas and Mackey.   :thumb:

Mike Nomad

« Reply #30 on: 13 Sep 2011, 02:44 pm »
Isn't it fun to watch Brady and Welker? It reminds me of Zorn and Largent. Peyton and Marvin.  :thumb:

Bradshaw & Swann / Stallworth came to mind.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #31 on: 13 Sep 2011, 02:59 pm »
I don't know about you guys but if the play is like this in game 1 every year with a short camp I'm for it!! It feels to me like we just got done watching week 3 games, most teams I saw looked ready to play and seemed to benefit from the shorter camp. What do you guys think???

rodge827

« Reply #32 on: 13 Sep 2011, 03:58 pm »
Yeah Ed I'm with you :).
Most of the teams did look good and most sloppy play came about through "bonehead" penalties that are expected this early in the season.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #33 on: 13 Sep 2011, 04:35 pm »
What is it about Romo?  It's always seemed to me that when the chips are down, he doesn't possess the grit or fortitude to guide his team up and out of losing.  I can't help wondering what his team mates really think about him.

cujobob

« Reply #34 on: 13 Sep 2011, 05:44 pm »
Most players seemed to run their own training camps so I don't think it was necessarily like they missed much (except for rookies)...the new rules prevent the two a days and such so players could be fresher....hard to say. I think some teams played like it was still preseason...so there was good and bad.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #35 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:05 pm »
What is it about Romo?  It's always seemed to me that when the chips are down, he doesn't possess the grit or fortitude to guide his team up and out of losing.  I can't help wondering what his team mates really think about him.
I always thought that, he just looks like he wants the game to be overwith and mentally bails way to early. He will not be there next year I don't think without a long sit down with JJ. A long sit down... :thumb:

I haven't read all the new contract stuff but something they did provided those players with something that made them ready to rumble even better then before!!! This will be a fun year...what team will be the surprise team this year????  :o

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #36 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:55 pm »
He is no Staubach, but not many are.  Still, when you compare him to the litany of failed quarterbacks we have had since Aikman retired, he still looks pretty good.  Over the years teams have won Championships with worse (E. Manning, Johnson, Dilfer, Hostetler), but they usually had great defenses.
Scott

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #37 on: 13 Sep 2011, 07:30 pm »
Romo's money was on the Jets. He had a close call but was able to bail himself out at the end.
Is Buffalo going to be the surprise team this year? Could KC really be that bad?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #38 on: 13 Sep 2011, 08:38 pm »
Buffalo woke up last year and played some good ball.  I'm thinkin they will have there best year in forever tho I haven't seem their schedule.  Pittsburg and the Gaints I'm not so sure about.   

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #39 on: 14 Sep 2011, 02:42 am »
I'm still trippin' on the Ravens-Steelers game. :?

Are the Ravens that good, or is Pittsburgh that fragile? Or was it just a first-game-of-the-year thing?

As for Romo, true, he has no grit. Then again, he may not trust anyone yet. He's young, has a good head, and one hell of an arm. We'll see.

Hopefully, he does leave Dallas. It'll serve them right.  :icon_lol:

The Saints have Chicago this weekend. Should be another fun one to watch.  :thumb:

Have fun.

Jerry