Salk at Chicago audio society?

Art_Chicago

Salk at Chicago audio society?
« on: 7 Sep 2011, 01:46 am »
Jim,

I have seen a blurb that you are going to bring SS10 to Arlington Heights on Sept 18th? I'd love to attend!
Thanks
Art

TJHUB

Re: Salk at Chicago audio society?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2011, 01:51 am »
I'm going to be there with a couple of friends from AC. :D  I'm really looking forward to hearing the SoundScapes and getting a chance to meet Jim in person.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2011, 02:25 pm »
Yes, Jim is bringing the speakers and I am bringing the electronics, including the new Fet Valve 600R amplifier.

The meeting and demo is Sunday afternoon September 18th.  We hope to see a lot of your there.

Frank Van Alstine

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2011, 03:22 pm »
I'm going to be there with a couple of friends from AC. :D  I'm really looking forward to hearing the SoundScapes and getting a chance to meet Jim in person.

I am one of those friends. ;)

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2011, 06:12 pm »
Jim,

I have seen a blurb that you are going to bring SS10 to Arlington Heights on Sept 18th? I'd love to attend!
Thanks
Art

Art -

Actually, our plan is to bring a pair of SoundScape 12's to the meeting.  Of course, that means we only have about a week left to finish them.  But we'll make it.

- Jim

Art_Chicago

« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2011, 07:29 pm »
the 12's! and new AVA 600R!  :singing:

TJHUB

« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2011, 08:36 pm »
the 12's! and new AVA 600R!  :singing:

I'm really looking forward to hearing both as well!  :thumb:

Is there any idea what the source/preamp will be?

ratso

« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2011, 09:03 pm »
if i said pretty please, could you bring a peek of the salkstream?

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 7 Sep 2011, 09:23 pm »
if i said pretty please, could you bring a peek of the salkstream?

I'll most likely bring a StreamPlayer and a StreamServer as well.

- Jim

gax279

« Reply #9 on: 8 Sep 2011, 06:12 pm »
Yes, Jim is bringing the speakers and I am bringing the electronics, including the new Fet Valve 600R amplifier.

The meeting and demo is Sunday afternoon September 18th.  We hope to see a lot of your there.

Frank Van Alstine

I've had my Salk STs and SC for just over 1 year and would love to attend and meet fellow Salk enthusiasts, as well as Jim.  :D

Couldn't find any links to the 9/18 meeting so I did a Yahoo search and found this:

http://chicagoaudio.org/directions.htm

Is this the place?

If someone can post the link that Frank and/or Jim refers to, please do...

Art_Chicago

« Reply #10 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:28 am »
I've had my Salk STs and SC for just over 1 year and would love to attend and meet fellow Salk enthusiasts, as well as Jim.  :D

Couldn't find any links to the 9/18 meeting so I did a Yahoo search and found this:

http://chicagoaudio.org/directions.htm

Is this the place?

If someone can post the link that Frank and/or Jim refers to, please do...

I do not think there is a link. But it looks like the right time and place. will see you there!

TJHUB

« Reply #11 on: 9 Sep 2011, 02:41 am »
See post #13 in this thread for the meeting info:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97211.0

gax279

« Reply #12 on: 9 Sep 2011, 01:19 pm »
I do not think there is a link. But it looks like the right time and place. will see you there!

See post #13 in this thread for the meeting info:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97211.0

8) Thanks! Looking forward to this...

Art_Chicago

« Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:05 pm »
Jim,

It was great to meet you yesterday!

I just want to share my impressions from the gathering, as I think there were not too many AC’ers yesterday  :(
As it has been discussed in this thread, the SoundScape12’s are fantastic speakers, well worth their price!

I do not think there was anyone there who was not amazed by SS12 and the new AVA gear.  In my opinion, the setup is an audiophile’s paradise —no need to attend a concert, just get a good recording.  The Salk Stream Player, AVA Vision Hybrid DAC, Avastar preamp and Fetvalve 600R did not seem to possess any “sound”— just provided D/A conversion and amplification, and 300 watts was more than enough. I felt like I was in front of musicians either in a concert hall or in a studio no matter what music style was reproduced. The sound was just real – details, timbres, dynamics and so on.  Reproduction of larger orchestras was simply astonishing.  A double bass recording was the best I heard.

Thanks to Jim and Frank for this great experience.  Just need to start saving now!

TJHUB

« Reply #14 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:09 pm »
I really wish I could have made it to the meeting.  I am HUGELY disappointed... :(

Anyone get pics?

ratso

« Reply #15 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:10 pm »
i had to work  :bawl:

Nuance

« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2011, 01:19 pm »
I wish I could have made it as well, but something came up last minute. :(  Fortunately I've spent time with the SS's, and they are extraordinary speakers.